💬 Let's discuss the Endgame changes

• HI all,

I just finished on Towerbrigde with the new balancing and I don't want to repeat to much what have been said before

Towerbridge is speedserver and always has some 3000-3500 players signing up but active players during EG/last era I estimate to be a 1000 or so..

So you could say average in amount of players. A EG city well have between 110 and 150 connected with 1 exception this round of 230

The Top 10 made it to level 44 this time so under old rules 210.000 tonnage, already a rather large amount with 150 connected and usualy 50-80 online on top 3 only..

the impact of the new multiplier is that cities now need to haul between 210.000 and 307.000

for my city it was 242K for first set, 247K for second, 248K for next set and 251K for set 4

Based on that input I feel

The active player connection rule is a punishment for Average attendence servers. both the higher tonnage as the increase during each set..

For me it is clear that this rule has been created to solve the problems on very high playernumber servers where connected goes up to 300 400 or even 500.

But for normal activity servers the rule is not working both definition of active player and the dividor needs more flexibility

On a speed server the active player criteria of 3 days means during EG the numbers will only go up.. no one who made it as active player to era 6 in a possible EG city, will drop out 3 days before endgame, Era 6 is often the most exciting part of the game as you are position the city for End game..

The denominator of 100 means the impact is to rigid it impacts all servers regardless if there are any problems with unfair EG, Towerbrigde has always been a balanced server, I think there should be a server specific denominator based on average connections per city.

So to towerbrigde again. we had 110 at low end and 1 at 230, this was the first time I saw this much. the average of the top 10 was 141,6

and if you use that as a denominater you get number much closer to the old tonnage for the cities that does not try to trick or out smart the rules..

the lower cities get rewarded some and the high city is punished for going (too) high.
    The spread of high and low is about the same as current method..

As you can see the cities with players around average have a tonnage very close to the old number the lower cities will have better numbers and the higher cities have a lot higher.

For easy compare I used the same formula and only changed the divisor of the formula..

offcourse if you go this route you may need to tweak the exact formula to put the pain where it needs to be..

for example you cloud not take the highest city into account for average so that if one city is really oddly high then it will be hit harder by the multiplier

anyway enough for now.. but EG still needs big improvements and better balancing to help fit all servertypes and scenario's

• The active players definition can be the number of people who has it as Home city. Assuming you set your EG city as Home city, you are likely to haul to it as well.

Once every one knows the winning mega city after 2 boards, its a rush to connect to the winning mega city and the tonnage in the last board jumps while the active haulers goes down after 24 hours of hauling. This is on top of the spoilers hitting WT knowingly or unknowingly

This also forces every team to pick cities in the corner of the map - Istanbul, Moscow, Malaga, Naples, Oslo as EG cities.

More fun when action happens at center. If RN cannot balance regions, we can see the regions on the middle not competitive (Paris, Berlin, Zagreb - we will not see these cities strong in EG any more).

• The fairest solution for EG is to only allow transports to your home city or any of the cities not in top 10. This will rid the game of spoilers. Then it will be a true contest to see who can finish first. Tonnage based on number of connected players. City level will only determine start position. This will have the effect of cities levelling to the last minute instead of sitting around the last 3 days waiting to see if any city is going to catch up. All four sets should be the same. A true race to the finish.

• The fairest solution for EG is to only allow transports to your home city or any of the cities not in top 10. This will rid the game of spoilers. Then it will be a true contest to see who can finish first. Tonnage based on number of connected players. City level will only determine start position. This will have the effect of cities levelling to the last minute instead of sitting around the last 3 days waiting to see if any city is going to catch up. All four sets should be the same. A true race to the finish.

than the spoilers set your megacity as their homecity. No change except they can ruin just one city. But most of the time that's their goal out of some sort of revenge

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• I really acknowledge the time you put into this Driver2927 , but after watching (and playing) the last round on Tower Bridge, I don't agree with you.

Yes it was more difficult for us in region West, because we had so many players connected to the city. That was our own fault, because we announced the end game city right from the beginning. "Everyone" knew we where gonna play in Lyon, and we where to sure about out own hauling power. Another mistake of putting the end game city in a city who didn't complete the LM, made us have a bad start.

Still we made up for it, and was a few goods behind North and SouthEast, as those two went into the final bracket. There the game took a turn, which decided the whole game. Players in SouthEast didn't go to sleep. The played during the entire night. That is what they where willing to sacrifice to win the end game. So in the end, the most committed region for the end game won. Fair and square.

• I'm going to reply to this thread without reading all the previous posts and, in all fairness, I'll accept any bashing :)

We're still a long way to play our EG, we just started the round, but we have taken some measures of safety. For example we've chosen a city with good stats in regards to average track length and one that is a coastal city since in-land cities tend to be trespassed without any intention of hauling to it.

Hope I'm not wrong but during the EG the period of time for which a player is considered inactive is dropped to 3 days, from the regular 7.

While this new formula for tonnage quota is somewhat controversial, I found it to be a step in the right direction, albeit a not so optimized step. I for one would propose that a player be considered active, thus accounted for city tonnage quota, if he meets the following criteria:

1. Has set the said city as Homecity.

2. Has logged in the game in the past 3 days.

3. Has a certain amount of connections that pertain to said city.

A city has, roughly speaking, out of 48 goods, around 35-45 sites that contain said city name. For example Liberty Lumber, Liberty Butcher, Liberty Cotton, you get the idea.

My point is that an active player should be a player that not only declared his Homecity the city in question and logged in in the past 3 days BUT also has active connections to city industries. Otherwise he's a hindrance for all the other active players that haul for the city during the EG. That's why I consider this new formula a step in the right direction, sadly it doesn't account for players that connect to an endgame city just to:

a) haul passengers

b) mess things around

c) spy the competition

d) or a player who utterly doesn't want/know how to play the game and you see them having 5 Ogres during the EG but apply to your top 5 team for the lols

Has anybody thought of this before? How do you feel about this criteria?

• A bit off topic to the end game changes, but regarding the changes done to 2x speed servers like more frequent competitions and stuff.

I like these changes, but I miss at least one important change.

From time to time an associations will have to change players. Some get to a different stage in life, which sees them leave the game. You can tell them to register for next round (and most will), so you don't have to put in 5 million each for a new spot. This however requires you to wait 3 days for the spots to open up to new players.

For 1x speed server that is 3/84 days of the normal game (plus whatever the duration of the end game) = 3,6% of the game

For 2x speed servers that is still 3/42 days = 7,1% of the game. THAT is a long time for people to wait. Era 1 is almost half done, before people can join.

I feel if you have registered for a 2x speed server, 36 hours ban of the spot should be enogh.

Any thoughts on this???

• I totally agree. It is quite sufficient time. in any style of game, if the registered player has not joined in 24 hours they do not join IME. 3 days is far too long on a six week server. I would suggest that it should be 24 hours for X2 and 48 hours for normal speed. But 36 hours would most certainly be more equitable.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• First of all, we are sorry for not telling you about the endgame changes earlier. Changelog for HTML5 mentions this:

'Endgame: The number of tonnes required in a megacity depends on the number of active players and is recalculated with each block (only for new rounds starting on or after 20th of April 2020).'

The changelog did not mention that this change was already implemented on the Fast Forward servers, and for this we need to apologize.

So having not told us about the End Game changes that came with HTML5, did you then think you didn't need to tell us you were changing the formulae that would apply to the servers?

The formula which we had been told at the start of the by Rail Nation was to be:

City level tonnes * 3 * (Population/100) ^ 0.5

The formula applied to our End Game was the one for the Speed Servers:

City level tonnes * 2 * (Population/100) ^ 0.7

Why did Rail Nation not inform us of this change?

• Hi guys just a quick question re the tonnes required in EG:

Based on the given formula City with level 43 and 88 connected players will be required to deliver the following:

67500*2*(88/100)^0.7)=123000 (rounded)

If during the endgame, while on the first pack another say 22 players connect to the city.

According to this changelog the required tonnes for the next pack will be calculated as follows:

202,500*(110 / 100) ^ 0.5 = 212383 rounded

Is the above correct?the required to deliver will jump from 123000 to 212000???

• with the new amount of 110 players the required delivery will become

67500*2*((110/100)^0,7)=144314 tons

got ya,you keep using the same formula so.Since the link in changelog points you there I assuemed you are supposed to use the values from the link as a base for calculation,which made no sense to me.

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

• ♏︎ Naike's reply is correct, just Rail Nation haven't got around to updating the notes in any official capacity!

Incredible, but the changelog still refers to the formula of *3 and ^.7 that they silently (and deadly) changed in another update so our cities used the *2 and ^.5 formulae in our End Game.

There still has been no official notification of this change...

• Toots so it really depends on the server,some might use x2 ^0.7 and others x3 ^0.5 is that right?

I assume the only way to find out is to wait till the start of EG.

Thank you all for your replies :)

In my knowledge all servers should have *2 ^0,7 right now, but there are a very few exceptions (e.g. NL201 Euromast which wasn't switched and still has the old *3 (lvl 40: 3*60k=180k) ).

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• What I would suggest everyone does is mail Support asking them to confirm which formula applies to your server.

And mail them again in era 6, just in case someone in Rail Nation decides to change the formula and not tell anyone.

That's what I'll be doing until there is an official confirmation message.

• What I would suggest everyone does is mail Support asking them to confirm which formula applies to your server.

And mail them again in era 6, just in case someone in Rail Nation decides to change the formula and not tell anyone.

That's what I'll be doing until there is an official confirmation message.

please read this forum topic, it is officially communicated

Recent endgame changes

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• and what about the players who don't read the forum, how will they find out?

This should have been communicated by a changelog for all to read, not just slipped into an update without a word.

at our dutch servers it was also communitcated by our CM with a message ingame. Nobody of those servers can tell they didn't know.

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress