Pay to Win: This has to stop

• Ok guys. Lets talk about the elephant in the room again. Pay to win.

For those of us that have joined a 4X server have seen it. The player who buys all his wins across almost all the servers. He even sent me a message when he joined the server. Saying that he would take #1 individual win and association win. And I believe him. As I have seen what he has done with the other servers.

Its really sad that someone with a limitless credit card could just ruin a whole game. Whats the point of playing seriously when you know top spot is impossible? And yes of course. I know it happens everywhere in the real world too. Those with most money can do whatever they want.

But is this what RN wants? To see players getting frustrated by that one person who ruins so many servers. He must pay for at least one RN employee for one year by himself.

So there. I got my frustration out. You can delete this post if you see it as inappropriate.

• Well there is a difference between the fact that people can buy some gold and thus provide Travian with income, and someone spending an insane amount. What if the entire server left, would Travian like that. Because this one player pays for the entire running of one server.

• I agree with iMarius and the Earl. I'm thankfull for the people who buy gold and keep this game as a free game. But there is a difference in buying gold to provide for your plus account and the proportional use of other gold features. But there are people who do everything with gold. These people don't play to play a game, they "play" and pay to win. It's only to see their name at #1 and brag about it. I think they miss something at real life and compensate this with buying victories. Is it fair play? NO.

That's one of the main reasons I quit playing the event servers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• why not make a game for those who pay as they want and a game for those who play for free using only the possibilities offered by the game itself .... a double ranking in a way ....? ??

• I agree with iMarius and the Earl. I'm thankfull for the people who buy gold and keep this game as a free game. But there is a difference in buying gold to provide for your plus account and the proportional use of other gold features. But there are people who do everything with gold. These people don't play to play a game, they "play" and pay to win. It's only to see their name at #1 and brag about it. I think they miss something at real life and compensate this with buying victories. Is it fair play? NO.

That's one of the main reasons I quit playing the event servers.

I wouldn't mind if someone bought every bonus train. They are there for a reason. BUT when you after 6 hours ish in a 4x speed server have Restaurant, Shopping and Hotel level 32, while your lifetime income shows around 3 million. Then it takes the fun out for me.

• There are, of course things which you can do with deep pockets which you cannot achieve otherwise, like owning all the bonus engines, but, where is the satisfaction. Use your skills and you can go far, including being #1 on a server, but, it takes time and effort. and determination. Result, a huge sense of achievement which the gold spenders can never know. I agree, RN needs to pay some attention to the game mechanics, urgently, but, the big gold spenders do not bother me. Try to get one into your association, if you can, and get a big boost of second hand prestige, but you don't even need that. You can enjoy the game with minimal or no spending. Play to be the best you can be using skill and strategy.

Having said that, I may not be playing for much longer because of the end game formula which is seriously flawed and really does take the fun out of the game, including for the big spenders. Without the big spenders there would be no RN.

• There are, of course things which you can do with deep pockets which you cannot achieve otherwise, like owning all the bonus engines, but, where is the satisfaction. Use your skills and you can go far, including being #1 on a server, but, it takes time and effort. and determination. Result, a huge sense of achievement which the gold spenders can never know. I agree, RN needs to pay some attention to the game mechanics, urgently, but, the big gold spenders do not bother me. Try to get one into your association, if you can, and get a big boost of second hand prestige, but you don't even need that. You can enjoy the game with minimal or no spending. Play to be the best you can be using skill and strategy.

Having said that, I may not be playing for much longer because of the end game formula which is seriously flawed and really does take the fun out of the game, including for the big spenders. Without the big spenders there would be no RN.

Hi there,

We are collecting feedback on the endgame changes here: 💬 Let's discuss the Endgame changes

I would love to hear your thoughts on how to improve the endgame formula!

• I have had a similar experience with messages demanding I stop buying the majority in supplies just because I have a smaller corp. So I have been made a Rival by such childish gestures. I've ask the player to stop with the messages but I don't think they can read, I still get them. My goal is to level my corp regardless of the members. Some players that have Ego issues make games UN-Enjoyable for others. We all have to crawl before we learn to walk. Good luck to you all in your adventures.

this topic is about people buying everything in-game with real money. Not the game money.

About the majorities you are speaking, you breaking majorities can be a wrong move in a city. You might cause progress damage for the city when you are breaking majorities. With this actions you won't make friends ingame and hurt also your asso and members. Try to solve this by negotiation and be a constructive part of a city. This game is all about teamplay. I can imagine the way you describe your actions you will receive not to friendly messages and people around will not be happy and get frustrated by it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?