Chair/Deputy Chat room in the team forum

• We use discord now but with computer challenged players it is hard for them to figure out how to use multiple windows so you can chat at the same time you are playing the game.

discord has also a good mobile app, no window switching needed :P;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• RN would have to make a looot of changes to the current message and forum system before I would considder using a specific chair/deputy forum (or chat for that matter). Discord offers so many advantages and is very easy to use. Im sure a lot of other programs are easy as well. Bottomline is that the current system RN has in place is shortcoming in too many aspects to make it worth their while to actually add new functionality.

• Until you have been hit on one of those chat/messaging systems by a troll! I no longer use any of them. Yes, RN does need a Chair & Deputy room in the association forum.

Even more, it needs a workable way to deliver identical PMs to all or to selected members. 1 x 1 when there are 24 to message is a big pain. Individual pms can be essential on rare occasions, room messages often get lost or missed, especially by mobile users.

• Until you have been hit on one of those chat/messaging systems by a troll! I no longer use any of them. Yes, RN does need a Chair & Deputy room in the association forum.

trolls are easy to boot/ban in discord. your server "owner" simply needs to grant trusted members the right permissions.

individuals can also block trolls

Even more, it needs a workable way to deliver identical PMs to all or to selected members. 1 x 1 when there are 24 to message is a big pain. Individual pms can be essential on rare occasions, room messages often get lost or missed, especially by mobile users.

Trolls at RN itself you can't block, from discord they are very easy banned and removed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Trolls at RN itself you can't block, from discord they are very easy banned and removed.

I am not talking about the annoying little people who deliberately set out to upset others with nasty messages. I am talking about the sort of criminals who require police intervention to stop and who leave you feeling violated and unsafe in your own RL home. You have to change your phone number, use phone blocking systems and wish you could change your name and move after one of those. I got one from one of your precious communication systems. Discord et al, no thanks.

• I am not talking about the annoying little people who deliberately set out to upset others with nasty messages. I am talking about the sort of criminals who require police intervention to stop and who leave you feeling violated and unsafe in your own RL home. You have to change your phone number, use phone blocking systems and wish you could change your name and move after one of those. I got one from one of your precious communication systems. Discord et al, no thanks.

well, that's why you have to be smart about how much personal information you put out there online.

For me, good luck linking my gaming profile to my personal profile ;)