💬 Let's discuss the changes in videos

• I'm not even asking for unlimited videos....just the ability to watch A video would be nice. They still haven't fixed the "Vienna Video Fiasco" now for 6 days.

I was completely fine with the bonus video only being able to be watched by 1 person. It makes for good competition in very active corps (peak time it's not uncommon for our corp to have 22+ online.) We did have some unhappy people who could almost never watch a video. Is that fair to them? Probably not, but even in the same corp, everyone is trying to get any edge they can. Do I wish I could have watched every video for every person whenever I wanted...sure, but I didn't think that was the way the game was intended to work, so I was ok with them making it 1 video per building recycle, not per person per cycle.

Fast Forward to today. I just counted and there are 54 videos available to watch. People point blank won't stair at their phone screen watching a 30 second counter for such a small reward, it's boring and dumb. Then on top of that, some of the desktop players can't watch videos period....yes, it's still broken, thank you Vienna Video!!

Classic case of "we need an adjustment, lets make a HUGE change" instead of just a small one....you guys increased the video countdown on the video's by 600% ...not a 100% increase, or even a 200% increase, but just cranked it all the frigging way up.

Who in their right mind at your company thought the players would find that acceptable? Why not just increase the mobile counter to 5 minutes and 30 seconds and then don't give a reward after you watch the whole counter....That sounds like a good idea too!!!

• I was completely fine with the bonus video only being able to be watched by 1 person. It makes for good competition in very active corps (peak time it's not uncommon for our corp to have 22+ online.) We did have some unhappy people who could almost never watch a video. Is that fair to them? Probably not, but even in the same corp, everyone is trying to get any edge they can. Do I wish I could have watched every video for every person whenever I wanted...sure, but I didn't think that was the way the game was intended to work, so I was ok with them making it 1 video per building recycle, not per person per cycle.

Not only is it not fair.

According to the rules of the plus account, the company is obliged to provide a second video.

But that's a lie if they don't give you the right to watch the first video.

I play a very active team.

And by the middle of the first era, all the videos were watched.

I pay with gold for a plus account and I can't watch the video I was promised!

Therefore, the plus account obliges the company to provide video to all such players!

💬 Let's discuss the changes in videos

• Sorry if I am going over old ground but you are still advertising the plus account gives a guarenteed video....it does not as very often I watch the 1st one and it then does not give me the second one......this a false advertisng and really should be removed from your " advantages of a plus account" claim. One day someone who works in a trading standards office will play the game and bring you to account. You cannot expect people to pay real money for a feature of the said plus account which is a blatant LIE

• It seems like Travian has addressed some of the concerns re:videos by going in the exact opposite direct. Rather than shortening the videos as requested, the new vidoes are an order of magnitude longer.

I recognize the 'mobile loophole' (the 5 second counter) probably needed to be closed, since it created an unfair advantage for mobile players. But now, we've got a brand new mobile loophole - since the mobile counter is 30 seconds, and the new videos on desktop are between 5 and 30 minutes!!!! 30 minutes?? I don't care who you are, I'm not gonna watch, or even allow to run in the background, a 30 minute video so I can have a .1% chance of some little reward somewhere - but most likely simply get $50,000. Given that a single engine makes like 3 times that in that time span.....yeah...no way. And I very highly doubt ANYONE else will either - even at 5 minutes. That basically makes videos a mobile-only feature, since they get the 30 second counter rather than actual videos (at least on my phone, it's never actually shown a video on my phone).

I can say absolutely that I won't be playing any videos in the near future, and I suspect I'm joined by at least 95% of the player base - and since many of them don't read forum/updates, probably many of them will never again try it, unless it is fixed reasonably quickly. This is an unmitigated disaster.

• It seems like Travian has addressed some of the concerns re:videos by going in the exact opposite direct. Rather than shortening the videos as requested, the new vidoes are an order of magnitude longer.

I recognize the 'mobile loophole' (the 5 second counter) probably needed to be closed, since it created an unfair advantage for mobile players. But now, we've got a brand new mobile loophole - since the mobile counter is 30 seconds, and the new videos on desktop are between 5 and 30 minutes!!!! 30 minutes?? I don't care who you are, I'm not gonna watch, or even allow to run in the background, a 30 minute video so I can have a .1% chance of some little reward somewhere - but most likely simply get $50,000. Given that a single engine makes like 3 times that in that time span.....yeah...no way. And I very highly doubt ANYONE else will either - even at 5 minutes. That basically makes videos a mobile-only feature, since they get the 30 second counter rather than actual videos (at least on my phone, it's never actually shown a video on my phone).

I can say absolutely that I won't be playing any videos in the near future, and I suspect I'm joined by at least 95% of the player base - and since many of them don't read forum/updates, probably many of them will never again try it, unless it is fixed reasonably quickly. This is an unmitigated disaster.

Hi, I have to say I've never heard of 30 minute long ads. If there really is a video you can't skip lasting for 30 minutes, please contact game support and send them the video ID (5 numbers) in top corner of the video player (so we know which video it is and can have it removed). Thank you.