Time for a new twist, or maybe after HTML-5 is fixed

• It is time to start adding a few "twists" to the game to keep it from getting stagnant. Perhaps they could change by era. For example in era 1 we see a fledgling rail system. Breakdowns were common during those times and somehow could be incorporated into the game. We also saw a series of train robberies in the United States during the 1800's that live on in lore to this day. The Pinkerton's were formed due to the train robberies. So you could experience periodic loss of goods and revenue based on random robberies. A new station building could be created, the Pinkerton office. The higher your Pinkerton level the more you reduce your chance of having The Great Train Robbery of 1963!

Rail of course is an intricate part of a nation's logistics and economy. In fact rail companies can be public or private. Here in lies another twist to the game. You may chose to leave your company as a private company or you may chose to go public, issuing stock to raise funds for the game. Dividends could be issued, raised, or lowered and players could buy and sell their own stock or the stock of other players. Daily returns would be based every individual's daily performance. Extra cash could also be raised by issuing bonds with a chosen maturity date and an interest rate offered based on the credit standing of the player. Of course a new brokerage firm would need to be added to the station.

Elon Musk is working on mag tubes with his Hyperloop. Perhaps it is time for an era 7 to be added. For this era there should be 4-6 new goods randomly placed around the map with only one or two locations for each. These goods would only be deliverable to the top ten cities that would be in the end game, but locked by the end of era 6. Mag tubes would be the only form of transportation of these goods and the time for delivery would be fairly short. However, the top ten cities should have to use the same facility as the other end game cities due to the limited availability of these goods. Construction of the factory would start in era 5 with limitations on how high you are able to level the building in era 5, 6, and lastly 7. The factory would include two parts, one for the actual construction of the mag-tubes themselves, and the other for the research on the tubes.

Just a few ideas of what could be added, feel free to criticize, enhance, comment, or add more ideas...

• Wow - Jalistair that is one of the best thought through suggestions for some possible changes that I have read for a while & beautifully derived from the historical past.

I think that these suggestions have real legs & I hope Samisu will take them & feed them into the developers list of options

Get out of bed - celebrate waking, go to bed - survived another day:thumbsup:

• You have some interesting ideas!

Thanks for sharing them with us :)

• I absolutely love how you think Jalistair

We have 3 different scenarios (located in Classic/Fantasy map, USA map and Europe map) - fourth scenario in the works called 'Orient Express', bringing us an eastern flavor. And since we have different scenarios, they all have room to grow in a different direction - doesn't have to be a completely same experience in all game worlds, and the stories like yours with train robberies could add even more spice.

I'll be sure to forward your ideas, and what's best about them is - you gave everyone here a great discussion topic. Bringing new life to the scenarios. Inspiring stuff!

• Wow - Jalistair that is one of the best thought through suggestions for some possible changes that I have read for a while & beautifully derived from the historical past.

I think that these suggestions have real legs & I hope Samisu will take them & feed them into the developers list of options

Well, Now that HTML-5 has shut down the game I have to resort to chat to kill my time :D As for new idea's on the game I think they should be grounded in history or current developments.

• I totally agree with you Jalistair - keep the great ideas coming - I thought those were ones that could be built into the game or a new version almost immediately & they would make a fun twist on the strategy

Get out of bed - celebrate waking, go to bed - survived another day:thumbsup:

• So, had a bit more time to scheme up some new ideas and thought I would toss this one in front of the masses. To me the entire game is about building up your career engine. After all, everything works towards building career points and you are then able to customize how you want to build your engine. However, we have no direct means of showcasing the engines we create. It seems a completion is in order. (After all that is why we are all here right, completion?)

This game has 6 eras and 48 goods at various distances from the home city. The train is customizable in five areas, tractive force, speed, acceleration, reliability, and the level goods unlocked. In order to pitch players and their trains against each other we would want to create a field that tests each of the five customizable options. Therefore, we don't want to mess with building a station, laying track, or any other engine. So a map would be created (or just use a portion of the classic map) were there is a single city with all her required goods along with a fully constructed track system. Then, along the lines of "Clash" each play would only have a single career engine with no supporting engines. Groups would have to be created based on the number of total unlocked career points. If groups are not created then someone like my ol' buddy Count Duckula will simply walk away with this whole competition. (One of you brainiacs can work out the qualifications for each group level.) Like CLASH you allow a certain number of people onto the board at a specific time. All players would start with their engines parked at the city until released by the timer with entry onto the board at say up to five minutes prior to the start. The round would last six days with each day representing the goods of its respective era thereby testing the researched good level of the engine. There would be only one facility for each good on the map. During the competition the required good would be run three times. One comp would have a zero wait time, the second a 1.5 min wait time, and the third a 3 min wait time. This will help test the tractive force, speed, and acceleration. As each good is at a fixed location on the map you have a good mix of short and long haul routes. Unlike CLASH this map would act more like the daily competitions. Once you complete your required good your engine would return to park in the home city until all players are complete and the countdown starts for the next RG with say 30 seconds between goods. The total number of tons would be large enough that you cannot simply have a high tractive force and haul the goods in one or two trips but small enough that it doesn't take all day. Also, each round would an accelerated wear on the engine to test the reliability and as there is no cash the engine could not be repaired. While the wear should be enough to notice the difference as the day goes on, it should not be so much as to allow someone who has maxed out their reliability to walk away with the completion either.

Points would be assigned for each competition so while you may not have the best engine you may win simply because someone else is not paying attention and never starts the competition. At the end of the game round each era (all of which would be equally weighted) would be tallied and awards given by order of rank. The game could be played once or twice a year.

• So, had a bit more time to scheme up some new ideas and thought I would toss this one in front of the masses. To me the entire game is about building up your career engine. After all, everything works towards building career points and you are then able to customize how you want to build your engine. However, we have no direct means of showcasing the engines we create. It seems a completion is in order. (After all that is why we are all here right, completion?)

You have some interesting ideas again :)

You can calculate your career engine in this calculator.

And decide what direction of development is best for your goals.

railnationenginecompare.htm?en

There are tons in this calculator, repair cost, career points ...

almost anything that may interest you

It can also be compared to several career trains.

• A couple questions regarding career engine. 1, does coupling work for your career engine? 2, if so, is there a way to reset your career engine (or could they add that option) so that I could get all of the points back that I spent on unlocking the eras?

Like the unique ideas and interesting take on a competition server. Bravo!

• 1. NO

2. Only once. By calling the support

• In most cases it is not worth it! :)

• A corporate bank should be created in the HQ screen that can only be leveled up much the same way as the company HQ. Inside the corporate bank players could add extra cash, the max amount based on the level of the bank, that may be used by the CEO or Deputy of the company to bid on workers. This would be a great way for players who are not online to still be able to bid on workers while at the same time limiting the amount of cash that could be contributed based on the size of the bank.

Cash would not just be limited to workers, it could be used to invest in facilities or other company needed items as well.

• HTML5

Rail-Nation - It's a great team.

They are not perfect ;) In yourself, there is something to improve!

But they are doing well!

Look at what an incredible game they've made!

Any change is difficult.

They did it with a "Flash"! They will even succeed with HTML5!

• the only change I'm hoping for is the return of the real classic game. No pax.only cargo. Not the east west duel. The game I started with almost 7 years ago.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Each update make game more unplayable with tons of new bugs and you are thinking about adding new features. Congratulations sense of humor.

The issue with the update, I think, is due to the fact that Flash is dead. Take a break from RN as I have and wait for them to fix their problems. They will, or they will shut the game down. It is that simple.