American Scenario

• Sounds to me like you all are making it less interesting flipping cities, I guess this will be another server I skip now. I used to love flipping cities but now I might as well stay put. Why can't a winning corporation get any points, or a winner of a round. That little point increase is nothing compared to the value of flipping cities on a daily base with 100% of the points, is the 50% also stack able like 3-4 cities flipping at the same time or does it stay at 50%. I know it is a business but it looks like Railnation is punishing the players that are not city grinders and that's what this scenario was all about go conquer. May be another fact was that players were getting too much prestige in rounds and Railnation was tired of handing out free gold so to say, but scoring 800K plus points is not easy. Again thank you for ruining another great scenario.

• Hi Hellseeker - has there been a change here that we were unaware of? Are we not getting full value for our flipping any more?

Get out of bed - celebrate waking, go to bed - survived another day:thumbsup:

• The latest blog post:

Rail Nation – American Dream

RN_USA_REVIVAL_MP_133.jpg?resize=900%2C506&ssl=1

The USA scenario will soon be Rail Nation – American Dream. New name, new design, familiar game play!

Become a successful manager in the land of endless opportunity in Rail Nation – American Dream and support one of two duelling factions in the huge battle between East and West! A hundred and fifty trains from all around the world await you, including 30 realistic American models. This scenario is all about delivering goods, without any passenger transports. Discover 50 authentic cities and write your own success story!

What awaits you on the new servers?

More trophies!

If you earn 50,000 prestige on one of the American Dream servers, you will receive the new “American Tycoon” achievement.

050_USATycoon.png?resize=418%2C418&ssl=1

Endgame enhancements

A number of minor balancing adjustments have been made to create more excitement in the endgame. This includes the faction points a megacity receives when it wins the endgame; they have been increased from 2,000 to 5,000 points. What’s more, players who belong to the winning faction will pick up 20,000 prestige rather than 10,000. The general prestige rewards for each conquered city have been reduced from 100 % to 50 %.

What else can you look forward to?

Take part in the two community events and win fantastic prizes, like the exclusive “Big Boy” production series or unique T-shirts in the new Rail Nation – American Dream style!

More information will follow in the next blog update.

Server starts

When does Rail Nation – American Dream start? Check out here:

AmericanDreamServerstartWideScreen-1.png?resize=900%2C450&ssl=1

• Sounds to me like you all are making it less interesting flipping cities, I guess this will be another server I skip now. I used to love flipping cities but now I might as well stay put. Why can't a winning corporation get any points, or a winner of a round. That little point increase is nothing compared to the value of flipping cities on a daily base with 100% of the points, is the 50% also stack able like 3-4 cities flipping at the same time or does it stay at 50%. I know it is a business but it looks like Railnation is punishing the players that are not city grinders and that's what this scenario was all about go conquer. May be another fact was that players were getting too much prestige in rounds and Railnation was tired of handing out free gold so to say, but scoring 800K plus points is not easy. Again thank you for ruining another great scenario.

Flipping cities has not changed, except for the endgame enhancements:

Endgame enhancements

A number of minor balancing adjustments have been made to create more excitement in the endgame. This includes the faction points a megacity receives when it wins the endgame; they have been increased from 2,000 to 5,000 points. What’s more, players who belong to the winning faction will pick up 20,000 prestige rather than 10,000. The general prestige rewards for each conquered city have been reduced from 100 % to 50 %.

• Gould you clarify there please?

The general prestige rewards for each conquered city have been reduced from 100 % to 50 %.

Does this mean all game (not just EG) because if so the reward for a flip of a city has been halved? Hellseeker also asked whether the benefits of flipping multiple cities were still additive?

As the whole point of the American scenario is the city flipping to gain larger areas of control then why would the bonus for this (the incentive) be halved? Was there any discussion about this with the players or any post to explain the reasoning behind the proposed change? If it is just in the EG (as it reads) then what was the thinking behind this?

Personally, as one who enjoys the EG less than many others, I found the option to do something different quite fun on the US servers so I am disappointed that the bonus I can earn my colour in so doing is halved

Get out of bed - celebrate waking, go to bed - survived another day:thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thetdoc™ ().

• All Old Express Sever for the USA servers are the Express Servers for American Dream.

• I think it's the Broadway one, x2 speed?

And I have the same question regarding city flipping and the statement above

"The general prestige rewards for each conquered city have been reduced from 100 % to 50 %."

Please explain exactly what has changed and how this works (before and after the change).

Thank you.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• During endgame, flipping cities bring half the prestige compared to the rest of the game, while other prestige gain is increased: Winning faction will get 20,000 prestige instead of 10,000 and winning megacity will also reward players with more prestige.

The game will otherwise stay the same, but now there is more focus/incentive on bringing a win to your faction and city during endgame, while city flipping prestige was cut by half.

• So am I correct in thinking that the current server "US 102 Broadway" will just become the "US 103 Broadway" server when you guys do maintenance in a few hours? Because the post makes it look like you're starting a new broadway server when there's already one running...

• So am I correct in thinking that the current server "US 102 Broadway" will just become the "US 103 Broadway" server when you guys do maintenance in a few hours? Because the post makes it look like you're starting a new broadway server when there's already one running...

These are the 4 US domain servers. US 102 stays as Grand Central, and I'm not completely sure where you got the idea? Did you perhaps mix it with one of the Broadway-servers of other domains?

US01 Crankshaft

US101 Golden Gate

s.gif?_dc=1444906680US102 Grand Central

US103 Broadway (2x)

• These are the 4 US domain servers. US 102 stays as Grand Central, and I'm not completely sure where you got the idea? Did you perhaps mix it with one of the Broadway-servers of other domains?

US01 Crankshaft

US101 Golden Gate

s.gif?_dc=1444906680US102 Grand Central

US103 Broadway (2x)

Doh....yes, I was confusing myself there, thinking 102 was Broadway and not Grand Central. But it's listed as a server start in your original post. But the US103 Broadway server is already running?

• Doh....yes, I was confusing myself there, thinking 102 was Broadway and not Grand Central. But it's listed as a server start in your original post. But the US103 Broadway server is already running?

Yes, US103 is still running, and the next time it starts it will become American Dream scenario (no longer USA scenario)

We rarely, if ever, share the restarting dates this early so no wonder if players have questions.

Seems to be starting on 5th of June, 2020 ...That's one month from now 8|

• Ok just to clarify only during the EG will the flipping bonus of 100% be reduced to 50%. The rest of the game ERA 1-6 Red and Blue will get 100% extra for flipping one city and of course more if more cities are flipping on their side. In the post it seemed that the whole game went down to 50%. If that was really the case RN didn't do the scenario any favors. I have one more question and I can't find the answer for that. Since we are starting this new server, if a city flips to another color and that city stays the opposite color i.e. Omaha flipped to red and stays red. Does the red side get a bonus for holding that blue city red? I am not talking about leveling. Just holding your ground when flipping a city and if there is a bonus does it add up. I heard before that there was one like 5% something really small but I have been looking for it and cannot find it. Thank you

• Ok just to clarify only during the EG will the flipping bonus of 100% be reduced to 50%. The rest of the game ERA 1-6 Red and Blue will get 100% extra for flipping one city and of course more if more cities are flipping on their side. In the post it seemed that the whole game went down to 50%. If that was really the case RN didn't do the scenario any favors. I have one more question and I can't find the answer for that. Since we are starting this new server, if a city flips to another color and that city stays the opposite color i.e. Omaha flipped to red and stays red. Does the red side get a bonus for holding that blue city red? I am not talking about leveling. Just holding your ground when flipping a city and if there is a bonus does it add up. I heard before that there was one like 5% something really small but I have been looking for it and cannot find it. Thank you

Hi, and you are right the blog post has caused some confusion. Not sure why exactly, perhaps it was hard to connect the heading "endgame enhancements" to the text that came right after.

In any case, the changes are only for endgame. You can learn more from our changelog here: American Dream update for USA scenario

Speaking of American Dream, the latest blog post has a challenge for you: American Dream Challenge!

• I think what Hellseeker (and many others including me) are still trying to figure out, after years of playing usa maps is...

How exactly do all the prestige calculations work from city flipping, temporary flipping, permanent flipping, what are all the prestige bonuses and who gets them (entire fraction or only the players who helped flip)? Extra for city leveling? Extra for flipping and holding? Extra for participating in the flip?

The normal daily prestige, we understand but what is different or extra compared to all the other maps?

There has never been a decent explanation anywhere, of what you need to do as a player to maximize usa map prestige. And the recent changes only add to the confusion.

• I think what Hellseeker (and many others including me) are still trying to figure out, after years of playing usa maps is...

How exactly do all the prestige calculations work from city flipping, temporary flipping, permanent flipping, what are all the prestige bonuses and who gets them (entire fraction or only the players who helped flip)? Extra for city leveling? Extra for flipping and holding? Extra for participating in the flip?

The normal daily prestige, we understand but what is different or extra compared to all the other maps?

There has never been a decent explanation anywhere, of what you need to do as a player to maximize usa map prestige. And the recent changes only add to the confusion.

Hello! :)

Each time a City is flipped the Prestige you have earned is increased by 100 Percent of what you would have got only for the reset in which the City is flipped. And these bonuses stack, so if you are on Red Side and you flip 6 Cities from Blue to Red at the Daily Reset and you would of received 4,000 Prestige you would then get the following Prestige:

Prestige that you have earned from City Deliveries (Those that you are able to see in each City before the reset): 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 1: 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 2: 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 3: 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 4: 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 5: 4,000 Prestige

Bonus for flipping City 6: 4,000 Prestige

This would give you a total of 28,000 Prestige. If you purchase the 50 percent bonus for City Deliveries worker, the 50 percent will also go onto the flip bonus you have received Therefore with the Worker you would have 42,000 Prestige.

With the new American Dream scenario, this bonus is reduced to 50 percent just for the End Game.

Hope this helps, and if you need anything else explaining feel free to let me know :)

Edited to add: All players on the side that have flipped Cities will receive the bonus, whether you are connected to the City or hauled anything too it or not.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Thank you Emziie! This helps. Remaining questions:

Is there also a bonus for the specific players who helped to flip the city

(meaning, is there a prestige increase in the actual city that was flipped or other bonus, or does it not matter at all if a player helped to flip the city or did nothing)?

And does the bonus stay (blue city remaining red) in following days or is it only 1x?

And if blue takes it back the following day and then red takes it again the day after that....

do both fractions keep getting the bonus every day at reset?