American Scenario

• No, there is no specific bonus for the players who helped to flip it. Everyone on the side that flipped it will receive the same bonus.

If blue takes it back the next day - they get the bonus at the daily reset where it flips, if red take it back the next day then they get the bonus at the reset.

If the City flips to red at the reset, and remains red at the next reset then no-one receives a bonus as it has to change color to receive a bonus.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• If this is so wanted with the videos that you can no longer watch them gradually, then this is definitely a deterioration of the game again, with all due respect for your eternal innovations, but that is not in the interest of most players if with every innovation more and more deteriorations are brought about.

• Much better clarification, thanks for the awesome post!

• If you earn 28000 prestige and the worker bonus gives you 50%, then wouldn't you earn 14000 prestige from the worker? Not 48000??? IF you do earn 48000, then shouldn't the worker tool tip say that you earn 200% bonus prestige, not 50%? This confuses me.

• If you earn 28000 prestige and the worker bonus gives you 50%, then wouldn't you earn 14000 prestige from the worker? Not 48000??? IF you do earn 48000, then shouldn't the worker tool tip say that you earn 200% bonus prestige, not 50%? This confuses me.

28,000 + 14,000 = 42,000 And thats what Emziie wrote

• In other words, when playing the American scenario you want to maximize the number of cities you flip when your corporation has a 50% prestige worker and reduce the number of cities being flipped when a competitor corporation has a 50% prestige worker.

• In the end, the 'American Dream' scenario is exactly the same as the old USA map scenario.

The ONLY change is reducing the prestige from city flipping a bit during the end game.....

When nobody in their right mind is flipping cities anyway because they are all hauling to mega cities.

So what exactly is this then? Was the marketing team bored or something? I have to say, they did a great job pitching this as a 'new' scenario by thinking up a new name for it, but I just have to laugh a little bit, sorry.

Can we please finally fire the marketing team if they really have nothing to do and hire some more Devs to fix the thousands of html bugs which are causing hundreds of players to quit in frustration?

I mean, go ahead and try to put some lipstick on a pig, but honestly this has been tried many times before and it doesn't exactly make the pig any more attractive to the average gamer out there.

Just sayin .....

• I keep thinking I'm missing something from the update to American Dream...heh

• The thing that I don't understand is, why change the Points for a winning city from 2000 to 5000? I play on the DE107 Broadway and we almost never had rounds in which the regions were more than a few hundred points away from each other. Thats because we actively fight for the citys on the frontline and both sides have almost equal chances. So if it should be the case that one side is absolutely dominating during the round and having an advantage of let's say 4000 points at the beginning of the endgame but the other side wins the endgame in the end, the work of 6 weeks is ruined for the one side just because they lost in the endgame. In my opinion this isn't very fair and if this won't change again a majority of our players won't play anymore because the sense of an US/American Dream Server gets lost. I hope there will be some reconsideration.

I'm sorry if some things are written wrong but I'm not a native English speaker and in the German post no one of the mods is answering.

Cyb_R

• The thing that I don't understand is, why change the Points for a winning city from 2000 to 5000? I play on the DE107 Broadway and we almost never had rounds in which the regions were more than a few hundred points away from each other. Thats because we actively fight for the citys on the frontline and both sides have almost equal chances. So if it should be the case that one side is absolutely dominating during the round and having an advantage of let's say 4000 points at the beginning of the endgame but the other side wins the endgame in the end, the work of 6 weeks is ruined for the one side just because they lost in the endgame. In my opinion this isn't very fair and if this won't change again a majority of our players won't play anymore because the sense of an US/American Dream Server gets lost. I hope there will be some reconsideration.

I'm sorry if some things are written wrong but I'm not a native English speaker and in the German post no one of the mods is answering.

Cyb_R

While I agree with you that the points for the winning city should not be lowered I can see why they did lower the points for two reasons. First they only dropped the points by 3,000. On most of the games I have played on the 3,000 points will not make a difference in the top say 25 player positions. This is due to either the point spread between the players or due to the second and main reason I think they lowered the winning points. Across all of Rail Nation people have started to figure out what city is the most likely EG city. Then they connect to that city and list that city as their home city, even if they are hauling for a different city. If the intent is to stop this practice then lowering of the winning city points is not the solution. The solution would be to require people to chose their EG cities by the end of round 5 instead of the end of round 6.

• While I agree with you that the points for the winning city should not be lowered I can see why they did lower the points for two reasons. First they only dropped the points by 3,000. On most of the games I have played on the 3,000 points will not make a difference in the top say 25 player positions. This is due to either the point spread between the players or due to the second and main reason I think they lowered the winning points. Across all of Rail Nation people have started to figure out what city is the most likely EG city. Then they connect to that city and list that city as their home city, even if they are hauling for a different city. If the intent is to stop this practice then lowering of the winning city points is not the solution. The solution would be to require people to chose their EG cities by the end of round 5 instead of the end of round 6.

I think you got me wrong there, they didn't lower the prestige points you get if you win with a city or if you have connected the winning city, they increased the points the region gets if it wins the endgame with their city.

• In the end, the 'American Dream' scenario is exactly the same as the old USA map scenario.

The ONLY change is reducing the prestige from city flipping a bit during the end game.....

When nobody in their right mind is flipping cities anyway because they are all hauling to mega cities.

Actually you are wrong.

The easiest way to gain the East vs West competition was to actually flip all the easy cities the day before the end of the EG, during the night (11pm to the recalc at 2am).

You could gain a few thousands points that way for your team, and the opponent was losing as much. And in terms of prestige, you could gain a few tens of thousands of prestige for nothing at that point too.

But then again, people that haven't experienced the true East vs West prestige abuse can't really understand. You should watch the teams that coordinate to get to 1.5-2M Prestige to understand why the fix was needed.

But yeah you are totally correct in saying that it's minor adjustments to the same scenario we have known for 5 years. In most games, it would simply be called a balance patch.^^

The thing that I don't understand is, why change the Points for a winning city from 2000 to 5000? I play on the DE107 Broadway and we almost never had rounds in which the regions were more than a few hundred points away from each other. Thats because we actively fight for the citys on the frontline and both sides have almost equal chances. So if it should be the case that one side is absolutely dominating during the round and having an advantage of let's say 4000 points at the beginning of the endgame but the other side wins the endgame in the end, the work of 6 weeks is ruined for the one side just because they lost in the endgame. In my opinion this isn't very fair and if this won't change again a majority of our players won't play anymore because the sense of an US/American Dream Server gets lost. I hope there will be some reconsideration.

Cyb_R

I don't know about your servers specifically, but the only time I played, I almost managed to win the East vs West by myself, even though my team color had the worse players, and was outnumbered 2 to 1 (yeah, one entire Red corp played for the Blue people because they couldn't pre-register with blue... Smart people everywhere). Still, we lost only for 200 points because I managed to turn 10 blue cities to red during the last night, and 2 megacities (that one was tough, luckily 2 friends finally understood what I was aiming to do and came to help...).

So yeah, while it is not very representative (small server, mostly people that don't understand at all the server and just haul to the megacity like in classic), it shows some ideas of what could be achieved.

IMO, the emphasis should be on turning blue / red cities before the EG, but then during the EG focusing on your megacity, because the EG megacity-win is still the goal of RN. So I understand why they did those adjustments. Before that, turning one level 40 megacity with 3 easy goods was as many points won as winning the megacity (400*3 for goods + 400 for city + 400 for city lost for the opponent if I remember correctly).

You can still do some amazing stuff during the regular server, but now it opens up many new strategies (attacking the main megacity of the opponent for example, since most people love to rush the difficult goods first > you go grab the easy goods and wreck havoc in their organisation).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

Edited 2 times, last by sacroima ().

• If you want I can reserve you a place in my association for the next round (start on 23rd of May), than you can watch for yourself, what we do on our server :)

Let me just say your idea with flipping mega cities during the endgame is not new to us. Three rounds ago we had the idea to go build our way to the west coast (as blue of course) and go ballistics over there. At one point we could hold three cities over there (Seattle, Portland, Eugene) but then red woke up and pushed us back to Seattle. At the time the endgame started we had flipped Portland and Seattle and our goal was to play the endgame in Walla Walla (one of the big red cities on our server since i can remember). That went really well for the first hour or so but then the red associatons ruined all factories so we couldn't finish the endgame properly as they noticed we were too strong and would win as blue with Walla Walla.

At this point we searched for alternatives, since we haven't connected the blue mega city (Charlotte) and neither the other red mega city (Denver). So we came up with the idea to connect and flip other red mega cities in which no one was actively driving. Said and done. In a matter of hours we connected and flipped 3 or 4 red mega cities during the endgame. The blue associations which were driving on the frontline tried to flip some red cities there to get us some points but that didn't go unnoticed and Denver shifted gears and tried to finish the endgame before 2 o'clock so we wouldn't get the points for the cities on the frontline. And they did 1:59 in the morning, which was a record for an Express US Server back then, and the endgame was finished but the blue side still won with a few hundred points in advantage, although the red side won the endgame. That was round 12 on DE107 Broadway but sadly it is displayed wrong on the website, you would have to go in the Hall of Fame here in the forum to see the right result.

To get back to the topic which is discussed here, if the winning mega city would have gotten 5k points instead of 2k points for the region back then, the effort we put in connecting and flipping numerous red mega cities would have gone unnoticed since we would have lost with about 2.5k in disadvantage. And there weren't much red mega cities left (I think only one which wasn't red was left). And even if we would have gotten those frontline cities which would have gotten blue by 2 o'clock we wouldn't have enough points to win the regional battle. So in my opinion 5k points is way too much, I don't even understand why it needed to be changed in the first place.

With that being said, I hope that some of the devs or mods reads this and start some internal discussion if whether or not it was a good idea to change that.

Cyb_R

• I've had a look at the hall of fame. Happy to see some of my thoughts from last year were tested so thoroughly and by no less than 7 corps together ;)

That might definitely be something that might make me play a round even though I'm not as available as before for this game.

Yeah I get your point. But then again, you need to take the total points earned with winning the megacity.

2k to 5k sounds like a lot (+150%), but actually it is rather (48*50 + 2000 to 48*50 + 5000), which is 4400 to 7400, +80% or something. Turning 1 city level 40, gives 800 points and is much easier than winning an EG.

So yeah the strategy needs to be adapted, but maybe it is for the best. And if people manage to anticipate in which megacity the opponents will play fully, then maybe we can have an amazing battle of 2 large groups of players trying to rush different goods at the same time.

That might be especially fun with the new EG rules with tons scaled with active players.

I think it is best to see in practice how this change will affect the results, and then maybe they will change it again (just like they did minor adjustements to landmarks over the years).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• The aim of the new changes is to make the victory of a city more important

• So yeah the strategy needs to be adapted, but maybe it is for the best. And if people manage to anticipate in which megacity the opponents will play fully, then maybe we can have an amazing battle of 2 large groups of players trying to rush different goods at the same time.

That might be especially fun with the new EG rules with tons scaled with active players.

We already tried that 2 times. Both times didn't end well for our side, the first time because we were too less players and the second time was that time I described above, but yeah let's see how this works out with the new endgame system.

I think it is best to see in practice how this change will affect the results, and then maybe they will change it again (just like they did minor adjustements to landmarks over the years).

Well that's what we are going to do in the upcoming round, because at the moment the frontline associations of us don't know what they will do in the endgame, we will figure it out during the round and then see how it turns out.

The aim of the new changes is to make the victory of a city more important

Okay I get that point but I don't think it should be that much. With that change they will ruin the aspect of flipping cities during the round, in my opinion, but let's see what the upcoming rounds bring.

• With that change they will ruin the aspect of flipping cities during the round, in my opinion, ...

Changes only affect the endgame

American Dream update for USA scenario