Beginner slot

• I noticed a player who has played top 10, has three stars and still is at a beginner slot. As long as you don't collect your carreer points you stay level 1. But in IMHO somebody who can play top 10 shouldn't be at a beginner slot and transferred automaticly into a regular spot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Sounds more like a glitch or graphical bug. A bit weird not to upgrade the career engine, but I guess that can be an option as well.

Once a player reaches level 2, lobby will open and so will the career engine and everything else. So to my knowledge it is not possible to stay on level 1, you will move to level 2 automatically as you progress in the game.

• Sounds more like a glitch or graphical bug. A bit weird not to upgrade the career engine, but I guess that can be an option as well.

Once a player reaches level 2, lobby will open and so will the career engine and everything else. So to my knowledge it is not possible to stay on level 1, you will move to level 2 automatically as you progress in the game.

It's not a glitch, as long as you don't collect your carreerpoints you stay at level 1. It's not the first time I see this.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• I think that's what happens when a player wants his career locomotive reset.

Then it can actually be an abuse to have a 26-member corp, something that should be fixed IMO.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

that's a possibility, the player is also first class. I looked at the trains of this player, there is no carreer engine.

• I noticed a player who has played top 10, has three stars and still is at a beginner slot. As long as you don't collect your carreer points you stay level 1. But in IMHO somebody who can play top 10 shouldn't be at a beginner slot and transferred automaticly into a regular spot.

Career level doesn't matter though. You can stil sit in the beginner slot after 10 round at career level 30. The chair has to promote a player from the beginner spot into a regular spot or the "beginner" will sit there forever. A chair has no inventive to promote a "beginner" though, because the 26th spot of an association is used for a knwon good player and there's no need to try one's luck with a new beginner.

• Career level doesn't matter though. You can stil sit in the beginner slot after 10 round at career level 30. The chair has to promote a player from the beginner spot into a regular spot or the "beginner" will sit there forever. A chair has no inventive to promote a "beginner" though, because the 26th spot of an association is used for a knwon good player and there's no need to try one's luck with a new beginner.

I know that when a player starts at the beginner slot can stay endless that position regardless level. It shouldn't be possible, remove a player automatic when he or she has played e.g. 5 rounds and or reaches 2 stars or more.

• Career level doesn't matter though. You can stil sit in the beginner slot after 10 round at career level 30. The chair has to promote a player from the beginner spot into a regular spot or the "beginner" will sit there forever. A chair has no inventive to promote a "beginner" though, because the 26th spot of an association is used for a knwon good player and there's no need to try one's luck with a new beginner.

The beginner slot is automatically freed up if the corp isn't full, so this case of 26 spots usually doesn't last for a long enough time (once you reach career 10 or so, usually one of the members of the corp will have stopped / left).

But with this career points reset bug, I can easily see how to permanently have 26 career 20+ members at all times.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• The beginner slot is automatically freed up if the corp isn't full, so this case of 26 spots usually doesn't last for a long enough time (once you reach career 10 or so, usually one of the members of the corp will have stopped / left).

No, not to my knowledge. The beginner needs to be promoted. There isn't any automatic. There is a bug though (surprise…). If the preregistered beginner is the first member of an association entering the new round he ist chair until the real chair enters and then the beginner is downgraded to "member" and not to "beginner". Happened to us this round on DE7.

• No, not to my knowledge. The beginner needs to be promoted. There isn't any automatic. There is a bug though (surprise…). If the preregistered beginner is the first member of an association entering the new round he ist chair until the real chair enters and then the beginner is downgraded to "member" and not to "beginner". Happened to us this round on DE7.

pretty sure our beginner was automatically upgraded to member due to pre-registration because the corp wasn't full anymore, and he wasn't fullfilling the criteria for beginner-slot. And that's how I think it was advertised when implemented. But it was a year ago or something, so it might have changed...

And yes, you are right, I should have specified I was talking about pre-registration. There is no automatic during a game-round.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work as it was described :saint:

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

• pretty sure our beginner was automatically upgraded to member due to pre-registration because the corp wasn't full anymore, and he wasn't fullfilling the criteria for beginner-slot. And that's how I think it was advertised when implemented. But it was a year ago or something, so it might have changed...

And yes, you are right, I should have specified I was talking about pre-registration. There is no automatic during a game-round.

no a beginner stays at the beginner spot also with pre registration and a not full corp. Beginners need to be promoted to member

I laughed until I cried. Don't you know exactly how your game works? It's not a mistake. The player has a level 1 career. He has the right to take the rookie slot. It's not weird not to upgrade a career engine. Developers have turned the game into a sandbox, having simplified to obscenity and a lot of players do not open a career, trying to at least a little bit to complicate the game to be at least some interest.

And I do not understand why you are so surprised by the player with three stars and the 1st level of career? In my association, the newcomer was a player with a career of 18).

for instance Screenshot by Lightshot

And it's not a bagoyuz.

This is your cute pre-registration.

The newcomer is pre-registered and a seat is automatically assigned to him. If the association does not change the server - this place will be behind him while the association will pre-register and it does not matter what level he will have in time. at least 32. place will be behind him.

worse innovations for the game than pre-registration was difficult to come up with.

and the presence of players with three stars and a career not level 1 in the slot novice less of all the problems that caused pre-registration.

pre-registration + reduced warehouses for the ap cities to please associations with half of the bad and simply can not play and is the main source of the current problems with the finals . the best way to churn out of the game was difficult to come up with.

If before we had to create 4 associations first. Then we had to make two of them and eventually one of them, because few people could raise the number of association members to 25 at once.

And newcomers to our cities had an opportunity to get into one of the temporary associations, which had control packages or friendship from the main association.

Of these temporary associations, as the core association grew larger, a new association of newcomers often grew. And now there are 25 of us at the start. All the control packages are ours. Cities get scary (raise the level) easily by one association, why do we need newcomers or other associations?

What will such newcomers do when they get into the game, with initially unequal conditions and without the slightest chance against a team of 25 people? .

The newcomer will be replaced by only one and then if he is lucky. And the rest will leave.

I haven't written about Career Locomotives yet. I've got 31 career levels, what chance does a rookie have against me?)

And now the developers have also "improved" the final, we think to play one association against 5. If we win, it will be very funny. For us).

Does the team of the game not know exactly how their creative "improvements" work?).

I'm sorry about the mistakes. I'm writing through an interpreter.

Translated with DeepL Translator (free version)

• pretty sure our beginner was automatically upgraded to member due to pre-registration because the corp wasn't full anymore, and he wasn't fullfilling the criteria for beginner-slot. And that's how I think it was advertised when implemented. But it was a year ago or something, so it might have changed...

The only way they would be automatically promoted is if they are first to log onto the Server in the next round, in which case they would no longer be in the newbie slot as they were in the Chair Position and therefore they are not able to go back into the newbie slot.

Apart from this, the newbie can stay in the Association slot. However, another thought on this.. I play in a team where it is very rare that we lose a member at the end of the round. I often try to fill our newbie slot, if the Player wants to return next round but so do all other 25 members how would this encourage newbies to stay in the Game if Players had to say 'sorry but you can't play with us anymore, because although no-one else joined we are full'.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• I am unsure if I am reading this correctly or not, so please correct me if I am wrong but am I right to think that you don't like the pre-registration system?

Can I ask why?

For me personally, I do like it and I have recently played another Server where I had to build an Association from scratch. I understand that it means large Associations can stay together, but it also means that Associations that reach Level 7 through pre-registration, or Level 13 no longer have to pay for the 2nd or 3rd Worker slot. As someone who loves to play in a team, with the people I already know I cannot see the disadvantage of being in a team that is already picked for the next round, and if a Newbie space is open, to me it is far better for a Newbie to go into an Association that works well together, plays well together and know each other so they can help this new player to learn to play Rail Nation, to see what the community is like and to see that to many people Rail Nation is more than just a game but a friendship that will last forever, with the potential of the new player becoming part of this team and becoming part of what I would class as my 'Game Family'.

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• language barrier prevents.I'll try to explain.

the problem is complex but so far we are only discussing preliminary registration

in theory is better. In practice, it's different.

and I am a practitioner. 5 years managing a team with 3 to 10 associations and writing solely from the point of view and experience practice.

here's an example.

You're a novice. You land in a city in the first era. And you find a big 25-person association landed in the same place and the novice is already occupied.

The closest association that has seats is three five cities away from where you landed.

because now almost all the top 10 associations play two or three cities

four more rookies landed with you with the same problems.

No one will give you a control package on the resource, even if you merge because you are too few.

You can't take control of the resource.

You can ask in the city forum you will be told that from level 5 of the city will appear passengers and you can drive them. or you can move.

You can't move quickly because you need money to move. Money collects slowly because you have no control packages or friendship or bonus collection from your station.

You'll also learn about your career and understand that you need 1-5-2 years...

register on 8-10 servers for a career, to get a chance to compete with players with 25+ careers.

otherwise you only have a chance if you start using a credit card.

You're staying to play?)

That leaves only those who are lucky enough to get into a good association or those who enter the game every three days. The rest quit.

Under the system of temporary associations, the survival rate of newcomers was much higher.

No newcomers, no new associations. New leaders, new challenges.

• Salix Bruno_BF

Please read the previous post carefully ^^^

• Well, that is one perspective. As Samiia said, the perspective of an experienced player. Also he seems to be a quite competitive player who made in the global Top 300. The same for you, Hear Me Roar, you are even in the top 20.

So yeah, from that perspective, from the perspective of a player who seriously wants to win, being a newbie is quite difficult.
    However it's important to understand that not everyone is focused on winning. Who enters a years old complex strategy game for the very first time and seriously expects he will win or be among the best? That is quite unusual.
    We did surveys with players who left they game and while "It's too hard to win" is certainly among the reasons that players state why they quit, it's by far not the only one and definitely not the strongest one.

I can talk a bit about my personal experience as a newbie, 2 years ago: I was a bit confused that RN happens in rounds and that all my progress is lost at the end. And I quickly noticed that RN is quite complex and takes a while to learn.
    Personally, I LOVED when I learned about the career. I didn't care that I won't win because others have better career engines (as a newbie I obviously had no idea what exactly matters to win and I didn't care), I found it really cool that there is something permanent that can I work on for ages. The thought that this is a disadvantage didn't even cross my mind.
    And I also didn't really care about associations or what people were discussing in the city forum. I knew I didn't understand the game fully yet, so I tried to learn it. Learning by doing. I didn't care about immediately doing everything right, I just wanted to get to know the game. So it didn't bother me at all that the association I ended up with was as clueless as me.

I'm not saying everyone starts the game like I do. I just want to make clear that there are plenty of things in the game that not affect newbies as experienced palyers might expect, since newbies often have a completely different mindset and different goals.
    This might also be the reason why, contrary to what Samiia hypothesized, the "survival rate of newcomers" (i.e. retention) did actually not decrease when pre-registration or the career engine were introduced. Luckily we track this kind kind of data and can check the influence of these features.

All that being said, I totally agree that the learning curve in RN is quite challenging and, once you have reached a certain level of knowledge and understand the basics of the game, it's quite difficult to figure out the "right" way to play and find people to play with. Personally, I don't think that disabling pre-registration would be the right choice. It has many advantages and many people like it a lot. And, as mentioned before, it did not actually influence retention negatively, so turning it off would not actually help.

What would you think about more newbie slots in associations? Would that help?

• What would you think about more newbie slots in associations? Would that help?

More slots for beginners. Some time ago I suggested such a thing.

Unfortunately. I don't think it's a good solution.

This will allow very strong players to play as novices.

And help their team win.

So this will make a bigger imbalance.

Pre-registration is also a good thing and should remain.

Let's be honest!

The game in its current form is not suitable for newbies!

It's very complicated ... and not only that!

The decision must be in another direction.

New special scenario created to provide contacts and friendships!

Teams with a unlimited* number of novices and professionals.

All together! Playing to achieve a common goals.

In such a scenario:

- There is an active city for every novice

- There is a secure place in an active team for every newcomer

- There is help and guidance for every novice

- An ideal place to learn the basic rules

- An ideal place for meetings, contacts and friendship. For all players!

Something like this:

Rail Nation - The Champions! (EN)

Rail Nation - Die Champions! (DE)

Rail Nation - Чемпионы! (RU)

What problems do novices have according to your surveys?

• What would you think about more newbie slots in associations? Would that help?

Start by modifying the newbie slot so that it is actually used by a newbie, and not as a 26th slot for an experienced player by some.

After 3-6months, a newbie is not a newbie anymore. And I have never seen a corp that didn't have 1 player stopping in any 6month-period. Fix that, and we could maybe discuss having more newbie slots.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur