Beginner slot

• Start by modifying the newbie slot so that it is actually used by a newbie, and not as a 26th slot for an experienced player by some.

After 3-6months, a newbie is not a newbie anymore. And I have never seen a corp that didn't have 1 player stopping in any 6month-period. Fix that, and we could maybe discuss having more newbie slots.

There will be some benefit from this.

But this will not help balance the game.

An experienced player can always register a new account and play as a newbie.

Not the months determine a player is a newbie. The stars are a better indicator.

But according to the rules, the place of a newbie in the game is reserved! Regardless of his achievements in the game!

• Я не говорю, что все начинают игру, как я. Я просто хочу прояснить, что в игре есть много вещей, которые не влияют на новичков, как могли бы ожидать опытные игроки, поскольку у новичков часто совершенно иное мышление и разные цели.
    Это также может быть причиной того, что, вопреки предположениям Самии, «коэффициент выживаемости вновь прибывших» (т. Е. Удержания) фактически не уменьшился, когда была введена предварительная регистрация или механизм карьерного роста. К счастью, мы отслеживаем такого рода данные и можем проверить влияние этих функций.

Do you determine my experience by rating and prestige?).

I was engaged in selection of players in all associations of our team. if i was preparing a team from the first epoch - we won against stronger teams. purely my 8 wins and 1 loss when the opponents were twice as many. the wins themselves were more than 20 . Two winning Battle of the Titans.

The Masters copied from our Battles. But without the big teams' rivalry, these things work badly.

We have the first registered final record in the Battle of the Titans .

what prestige or rating will give you such information?)

statistical data do not give a complete picture.

hasn't decreased the survival rate ? ask the question which players are surviving now. it is more accurate.

quality and quantity are different concepts.

Before the game turned into a sandbox (introduction of career. pre-registration and facilitation of the rise of city levels), assets remained to play the asset. Offlineers were leaving from the game . now the opposite effect. the asset goes away. who remains?)

That's why there are problems with endgame )

and how there are no fewer newcomers if

In 2017, when a team of 4 associations landed in three cities, we recruited a full association of newcomers from these cities.

Today we don't will find newcomers and half of the association behind 5 epochs

The game was a strategy in the past. Now it's linear.

or an interesting strategy based on competition. or a dried-up sandbox trying to please everyone.

It's impossible to unify these goals. They're mutually exclusive.)

• very few people can determine how, in the long term, there will be consequences of the things they like now.

People always want something. But often what they want and what they really need are completely different things.

• Well, that is one perspective. As Samiia said, the perspective of an experienced player. Also he seems to be a quite competitive player who made in the global Top 300. The same for you, Hear Me Roar, you are even in the top 20.

So yeah, from that perspective, from the perspective of a player who seriously wants to win, being a newbie is quite difficult.
    However it's important to understand that not everyone is focused on winning. Who enters a years old complex strategy game for the very first time and seriously expects he will win or be among the best? That is quite unusual.
    We did surveys with players who left they game and while "It's too hard to win" is certainly among the reasons that players state why they quit, it's by far not the only one and definitely not the strongest one.

About me. In most of the games I play, I'm not even in the top 100.

But I'm usually in the top 1000 :)

Salix   Bruno_BF

What is Rail Nation?

If the goal was to build stations, cities ... it would look different?!?!?!?

It would be something like Simcity, wouldn't it?

This is also not a train simulation, is it?

Let's find out what it is...

Game tour - Free browser-based online strategy game - Rail Nation

On this page we read:

In Rail Nation, all interested strategy gamers and railway fans are given the chance to start up their own railway company, manage transports on a daily basis and to team up with associations in order to finally become the victorious single player or group of players.

This game is a strategy for collecting points. Prestige points! And to become a winner!

Am I right?

Let's repeat the most important part of the text:

to finally become the victorious single player or group of players

We clearly read that the goal of the game is to become a winner!!!

But the current rules are terribly unfair.

How will you feel if you are a beginner in tennis and you have to compete and win against the best tennis players in the world?

Now many newbies feel that way! Because the main goal of this game is victory!

In the beginning, these rules were not a problem for newbies.

Because we were all newbies.

But after so many years, Rail Nation. I hope there will be many more!

Many players are already masters! And there are more and more of them ...

It will be more and more difficult for newbies.

And the career train will be a growing problem.

You have to admit that the rules are very unfair to novices!!!

And that needs to be fixed!!! Now!

But this is only one of the problems for newbies.

There are still many others problems for them.

That's why I designed and offer:

Rail Nation - The Champions! (EN)

Rail Nation - Die Champions! (DE)

Rail Nation - Чемпионы! (RU)

Let's be honest!

What is the main goal of the game?

Are these rules fair to newbies?

What other problems do newbies have?

• OK, let's be honest!

If you want to win a gameworld you need:

A. to start preferably at day 1 of era 1;

B. preferably Plus throughout the round;

C. to be online a lot to be able to get your PPs by building a big network, running competitions and GHs, investing when factories will grow, and so on;

D. (a lot of) gold, it doesn't matter how you get this (buying with money or earning via competitions, free tickets, and so on).

There are a lot of experienced players who can't win a gameworld, so why should a newbie be able to win?

How many strategic games are out there which can be won by newbies?

We all need to learn to play the game before we will be able to win.

Imo newbies have 3 main problems:

1. they mostly start in small cities with other newbies;

2. they should get more Plus then they start their first game (eg. about 2-3 eras) not only few days;

3. Lucies tasks are nice but are very basic, newbies won't learn very much from Lucy.

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: COM202 Loch Ness :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: DE101 Golden Gate :engine1:

• OK, let's be honest!

:thumbup:OK, let's be honest!

A. to start preferably at day 1 of era 1;

B. preferably Plus throughout the round;

C. to be online a lot to be able to get your PPs by building a big network, running competitions and GHs, investing when factories will grow, and so on;

D. (a lot of) gold, it doesn't matter how you get this (buying with money or earning via competitions, free tickets, and so on).

:thumbup:

There are a lot of experienced players who can't win a gameworld, so why should a newbie be able to win?

How many strategic games are out there which can be won by newbies?

We all need to learn to play the game before we will be able to win.

Everyone should get more opportunities!

In many real life and e-sports games you can play against opponents at your level.

And win prizes. At least symbolic.

What I offer is the same.

The newcomers 'awards are not like the champions' awards!

Did you read my proposal carefully? Rail Nation - The Champions!

The newbies awards are symbolic!

Symbolic but giving great feelings. :saint::love:

That's why we play!

To satisfy our feelings.

The rules of the Champions League give different prizes! For everyone!

In addition, this server is the perfect place to start newcomers!

1. they mostly start in small cities with other newbies;

They should start in active cities and teams.

Where experienced players play.

Where they can ask questions and get guidance.

This is exactly what I offer!

2. they should get more Plus then they start their first game (eg. about 2-3 eras) not only few days;

I added a variant of this proposal to: Rail Nation - The Champions!

3. Lucies tasks are nice but are very basic, newbies won't learn very much from Lucy.

No! Not exactly!

There is room for improvement in this regard.

Novices need easy rules.

You have to master the game step by step.

The current rules are too complicated!

Here you can read about other problems for beginners: Rail Nation - The Champions!

Most players work.

They want to rest and have fun.
    They don't want to graduate from university here.

The goal of this game is personal satisfaction.

There are many types of personal satisfaction.

The victory of the region.

Become qualified at a higher level.

Keep the level.

Get career points and other awards for a good place in your level.

See your own level in relation to players from all over the world.

I assure you.

Such rules will bring a lot of emotion and personal satisfaction to many players.

But, like everything else.

There is no universal entertainment.

But in these rules, many players will find unique challenges.Rail Nation - The Champions!

• I would not continue to play if we returned to the previous situation of no pre-registration. Yes, it does bring some problems, but, it also encourages the building of relationships across rounds. This is a game of co-operation and strategy and, as such building good long term relationships is key.

But, I agree, there is a major problem with newbies and keeping them in the game. And, yes, I noted the rank 5 player who was a "newbie"! There has to be some way of stopping this from happening.

Last round, a small group of us landed in the city recommended by the AI and found ourselves somewhat isolated. We had so many newbies around us it was impossible to cope with them or include them all. We wanted to keep them, we wanted to help them to enjoy the game, but, it was an uphill and ultimately impossible struggle.

This round we are much larger and pre-registered. Era 1 is nearly over. We would love to help a newbie. We have not had one made available. I check daily. I assume this is because our city and the immediate neighbours are showing as full. This is something the AI should have the ability to rectify. If a large association has an empty

newbie slot it should be able to recognise this and place a newbie, or two in that city. Perhaps a tick box should be available so that an association can choose to accept a newbie automatically into the newbie slot when the newbie joins the server. Newbies who are made welcome and feel included are far more likely to stay and to do well. It might even be possible to allow more than one to co-operating associations as long as there is some way to prevent them being "carried over" into subsequent rounds. The newbie slot is not intended to be an exploit and the loop hole which permits it should be closed firmly.