Exploiting the game to gain unfair advantage

• And of course, that is your opinion, to me and some of my members it is a big deal.

Regardless of how good you are at the game, at the end of the day you cannot compete with someone who is always online.

• TL;DR -> some of the messages.

Regarding the topic; abusing Association switching and workers.

2) Seen it a few times but not sure it benefit the guy who do it never seen them be in top 10 - more people to try be runner up.

I've seen it almost every single server. I even did it myself once and could have won that round if I weren't fell sick. Check Tower Bridge Express 2X to see it in action. The 1st place player does it every single time he tosses a wall. Thats how he can hold on that lead.

Another way to abuse workers is to create a new association whenever workers begins being expensive. You know that usually top 10 associations fight over workers with high amounts of bids. When you and 10 of your fellas create a new association, you will have almost no competitor. When you don't care about being 1st association but you want to have a round winner among you, this is the abuse you will exploit. I think it is not fair. While I work my whole body off for the good of the region & my association and fighting for the 1st place, someone who doesn't care about the team play or usual steam over europe goals comes along and abuses an exploit like this is just unfair.

Maybe there are no practical triggers for the system to detect such things and may be it is ruthless to block someone to association change frequency/intervals. Maybe you could just moderate the game! at least the top 10 players and associations? Or you might even act when this situation is reported to you by the players? It is not so hard to prevent such unfairness.

• And who prevents you from doing the same? Or creating a really active association that will take the right workers in your group? ... which rules are broken by players - creating new associations or entering others?).

This player has invented how to beat you without breaking the rules of the game and did not go to complain to the forum, think and you. This is competition .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Samiia ().

• Maybe there are no practical triggers for the system to detect such things and may be it is ruthless to block someone to association change frequency/intervals. Maybe you could just moderate the game! at least the top 10 players and associations? Or you might even act when this situation is reported to you by the players? It is not so hard to prevent such unfairness.

Hi, you will find one response from us already in this thread: click here
    Short version - not against the rules. So please, do not report players to support for actions that are not against the rules.

We'd be interested in hearing what gameplay mechanics could make it feel more fair or "natural" though? One suggestion was already brought up:

I've already suggested to Sephirus one solution that came to mind: newly joined players should not benefit from the workers the association has PRIOR to his acceptance. Instead they would benefit only from the workers the association hired AFTER they joined it.

• I've already suggested to Sephirus one solution that came to mind: newly joined players should not benefit from the workers the association has PRIOR to his acceptance. Instead they would benefit only from the workers the association hired AFTER they joined it.

those who do so have a very high level of communication through alternative messengers, so those who are helped to get the first place are informed in advance that the auction has appeared, for example, Roosevelt and he enters the association by participating in the auction ;)

• Onto exploiting workers, you are correct (of course) about the timer but as you pointed out later the issue remains valid. As a solution, I was thinking that a newly joined player could not benefit from the workers the association has PRIOR to his acceptance. Instead he would benefit only from the workers the association hired AFTER he joined it. It's a thought.

with this solution you won't prevent asso hopping for workers. When I get kicked out an asso I can join immediatly a new asso. Workers show up for the next 10 hours. If I have a second asso and e.g. the cheaper building worker comes up, I change asso before the auction.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• According to me. These things must remain unchanged. As strategic features of the game.

Just like in real life!

• with this solution you won't prevent asso hopping for workers. When I get kicked out an asso I can join immediatly a new asso. Workers show up for the next 10 hours. If I have a second asso and e.g. the cheaper building worker comes up, I change asso before the auction.

I know, one of my proposals was:

- regardless if a player LEAVES an association or he's DISMISSED, a 24hrs restriction to join another team should apply.

But I got it wrong and Saphirus explained it (see below):

First of all, there is neither a 24h timer when you leave nor when you are kicked. The timer is set when you join an association. The system prevents association hopping within 24 hours. The only exception to this 24h rule is, that you can always create your own association. But new associations don't get worker auctions immediately. It takes up to 9 hours.

I still think that the correct approach should be the combined proposals:

- regardless if a player LEAVES an association or he's DISMISSED, a 24hrs restriction to join another team should apply.

- a newly joined player could not benefit from the workers the association has PRIOR to his acceptance. Instead he would benefit only from the workers the association hired AFTER he joined it. It's a thought.

What do you think naike?

• First of all, there is neither a 24h timer when you leave nor when you are kicked. The timer is set when you join an association. The system prevents association hopping within 24 hours. The only exception to this 24h rule is, that you can always create your own association. But new associations don't get worker auctions immediately. It takes up to 9 hours.

When I get kicked out of multiple asso's in one day I can join without any restriction a new association. With this fact I can hop e.g. unlimited between two or more asso's.

If I choose to leave an asso out of free will I can join another asso or create my own asso than I can't join another asso within 24 hours.

- a newly joined player could not benefit from the workers the association has PRIOR to his acceptance. Instead he would benefit only from the workers the association hired AFTER he joined it. It's a thought.

I'm not agreeing with this statement. What to do with a new player who fresh started or was without asso for a longer period? This person is also "penalised" with this time frame. Future worker auctions are visible for 10 hours. If I change asso before the auction of a wanted worker start I can use that worker because I'm longer as 24 hours member.

When you could change asso without limitations we did it too. When 1 asso had e.g. the cheaper building worker. We all hopped, started our upgrades. This was done all legit. I think this is clever use of the possibilities.

I see more often that assos buy workers by cheating, multi accounts, pass word sharing etc. Gaining ingame money by cheat programs. I have more problems with this way of cheating.

I have seen it that an asso bought 3 workers for the maximum amount of money what the bank could hold. All 25 members did that with 3 workers in a row (it were multies and sharing passwords). With checking of the income they all couldn't buy 1 worker for this amount of money, let alone 3. It's not possible to do. That was a very obvious way of cheating. And sadly they just can continue with this round after round etc.

That asso is still playing and does round after round the same.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Hi, you will find one response from us already in this thread: click here
    Short version - not against the rules. So please, do not report players to support for actions that are not against the rules.

We'd be interested in hearing what gameplay mechanics could make it feel more fair or "natural" though? One suggestion was already brought up:

Well, I've never reported a player with the reason of asso hoping. I already know there will be no action taken for the reason you've pointed. Nevertheless, I think this should be considered unfair advantage.

If you really going to consider my suggestions, I've got some ideas that could be worked on to prevent such effects.

• Loyalty bonus: Rewarding the player with the days thy spent in the asso by multiplying players prestige gain percentage. Like the plus account interest bonus which you get each day. for ex; %0.5 or so percent prestige per day. Numbers needs working on of course. You might also add a cap to it. Like maximum of 30% or even 50%. This bonus will going to increase team work and coordination drastically. Bc every player will begin to follow team decisions the solidify their position in the asso.
    • Preventing highest impact workers (like 50% delivery prestige bonus) being spawned on auctions for recently created assos for a limited time by starting era 3 or higher.
    • Calculating average prestige or position of the players and disregarding asso prestige. Using that information to spawn workers for the same avarage assos. *mark
    • As some players already mentioned, preventing new recruit getting the advantage of the current worker or workers that already spawned in the auction schedule. *mark

I can go on and on with the solutions but I'm not sure if you even going to consider implementing those features.

*mark : These implementations might work better if the worker auction schedule drops down to 4 hours. ( Current auction and next auction only )

• Then, regarding the matter of only the workers scenario, it all comes down to the chair. If a chair agrees to such maneuvers then all it's fine I guess.

I for one, as a chair, see these maneuvers as "gimmicks" close to exploits and won't accept a member back in the association after pulling such a feat.

• maybe it's a thought to create friendship workers. e.g. If asso A has asso B set with a friendly. They can share workers.

A friendship setting can activated once every 24 hours and when a friendship is ended a new friendship with another asso can't set within a time window.

This is only valid it there was a sharing of workers. Without sharing of workers the friendly setting can changed without cooldown time.

The sharing can be activated by a chair and designated deputy

• When I get kicked out of multiple asso's in one day I can join without any restriction a new association. With this fact I can hop e.g. unlimited between two or more asso's.

Who wouldn't want the possibility to benefit from all the workers possible at the exact best time ? :D

"I have a building to construct, let's go to association A for 5 min, and the let's go back to B because they have +50km and -35% WT workers". "I must remember to switch to C just before 1 am for the +50% prestige though".

Would you guys really enjoy that kind of game ? Is that what the devs imagined when they developped the game ? I think Mihai points out the right questions. Things we all know have existed for a while, but we never really paid attention to them if it didn't actively penalised us.

I mean, I can imagine all those exploits. pulling them off requires quite a bit of coordination, and 0 self-esteem. So I won't ever achieve that. But I would feel bad if someone else used that and beat me because of that.

But let's face some facts :

1/ It's not because it has always been like that, that it's a good feature.

2/ It's not because it has never impacted you negatively so far, that it never will.

With those facts taken into account, some things should be done about that. An easy fix (probably difficult to implement though) would be to have the same timer for workers when you join a corp, compared to when you create your own (10 hours before the first worker shows up?) >> No way to see the worker in advance anymore.

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• If this gimmick/exploit remains unattended some players may create 2-3 bogus associations where they check once per day what workers are upcoming and benefit from all sorts of discounts :)

• If this gimmick/exploit remains unattended some players may create 2-3 bogus associations where they check once per day what workers are upcoming and benefit from all sorts of discounts :)

There are still cheat programs to gain endlessly money en I expect also gold. This is for me more important to get this stopped as the few asso hoppers. Mostly done by players of a few nations.

• When I get kicked out an asso I can join immediatly a new asso.

But you can only join one association in 24h.

Who wouldn't want the possibility to benefit from all the workers possible at the exact best time ?

"I have a building to construct, let's go to association A for 5 min, and the let's go back to B because they have +50km and -35% WT workers". "I must remember to switch to C just before 1 am for the +50% prestige though".

It was like that back in days. And thats the reason why you can only join a ne association once in 24 hours now.

• Heh, leveraging corps to get workers has been a thing on servers I have been on for over 5 years.

Here's a question for you. Would you rather play against one corp that reforms to get workers on the cheap or against a corp that is so strong it wins 90% of the workers it targets?

Trust me, having battled against both, I can assure you the former is much easier to beat than the latter.

• I agree!

• ...I mean, I can imagine all those exploits. pulling them off requires quite a bit of coordination, and 0 self-esteem...

I remember the first time My team watched a solo corp player win first overall. Rather than thinking the player should be ashamed, we were impressed.

Next game our player kept leaving our corp to chase first place. We kept telling her to let us do all the worker bids and she focus on winning. Had she stayed with us, we would have been top corp. But she felt she needed to win on her own, and now you are saying she should have low self esteem for doing that.

about a year later all the unaffiliated players would band together to 'share workers' The big city corps always patted themselves on the back for sharing workers , but individuals fighting for first should have low self esteem?

Well you are correct. One of our players from that run where Chalyze won on her own, did eventually build a team around making all your worst nightmares come true. He had to orgnize, recruit and keep motivated an entire team of folks to leverage cheap workers effectively enough to produce the top player, round after round after round ... for years. I agree, he is not popular on our server. But I don't think he should have low self esteem. While they were on the server, the corp I now play for had to compete for prestige, and work extra hard to get a player into first.

Two rounds ago, that team made them work so hard for it... they disbanded. Last round, our corp, now unchallenged, was so dominant that i finished 31st overall... 21st on the team. We scored more than the next 5 teams combined. We totaled more than the winning scores from the prior four rounds combined.

basically, if what you are looking for was a fair fight, you lost what had been a fair fight for years on our server, when the individual prestige corp disbanded. Be careful what you wish for. ;)

• When I get kicked out of multiple asso's in one day I can join without any restriction a new association. With this fact I can hop e.g. unlimited between two or more asso's.

If I choose to leave an asso out of free will I can join another asso or create my own asso than I can't join another asso within 24 hours.

A solution for the asso (re)hopping could be preventing players to rejoin an asso more than 2 times and limit asso joining overall at max 5 for example.