Exploiting the game to gain unfair advantage

• I want more clarification please on the 'Hotseat Account".

There seems to be many players including local crew members that say it is allowed to play with multiple players on 1 account, as long as those players do not play on any other accounts on the same server.

This .... is complete cheating and is against the rules imo. It allows an account to run competitions 24/7 and to win any server they want, there is no physical way in the world any other player can compete with that!

According to my 10 year long career with various Travian games, it has always been the rule that only 1 player per account is allowed, and only 1 account per player.

What in the world is going on here, am I stupid for not turning my account into a Hotseat or is everyone (including crewmembers) cheating?

• There seems to be many players including local crew members that say it is allowed to play with multiple players on 1 account, as long as those players do not play on any other accounts on the same server.

Well, I quoted the rule allowing that on page 1 of this thread.

According to my 10 year long career with various Travian games, it has always been the rule that only 1 player per account is allowed, and only 1 account per player.

What in the world is going on here, am I stupid for not turning my account into a Hotseat or is everyone (including crewmembers) cheating?

No, thats wrong. Back in the days when I played Travian it was not only allowed to play an account with more than one player but it was absolutely usual to do so. I knew people who played one account with 5 players.

But here in Rail Nation, although it's allowed, it's unusual. I don't know anyone who does that. Just cause its not as important as it was in Travian to have an eye watchin the account around the clock.

• But here in Rail Nation, although it's allowed, it's unusual. I don't know anyone who does that. Just cause its not as important as it was in Travian to have an eye watchin the account around the clock.

There are enough who play with more than 1 person an account. Smaller country servers are crushed by asso's who can't compete at their own nation servers, there are accounts 24/7 onlie and active.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• Exactly my point, you can't beat an account that can run 24/7 with multiple people running it. And i would pose that It is as important as in Travian, it guarantees a win.

I am amazed and disappointed that this is allowed. It's crazy, what is this game all about now? Just huddle up with 5 players in 3 time zones and win server after server.

WTAF?

No wonder I can't place higher than 2nd lol. You know what, you can keep your 4th star, I don't want it anymore if this is how this game is supposed to be played.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• It is completely fine to share an account, it is against the rules only if one player has access to more than one account in the same game world. We created the sitter function so you could have someone else help with your game, who plays in the same game world.

In practice, there is no way to monitor if for example a married couple shares an account - and we support 100% this choice. We call these dual accounts; very rare in Rail Nation to my knowledge, but more popular in games that ask for high activity around the clock. Playing dual is a great way to try out games and later decide if you create your own separate account.

On reaching a top position... I know players who are skilled and dedicated enough to do that by themselves - you do not need to share an account in order to reach a top position in this game. Some play through the endgame with the power of coffee and cookies, kudos!

• Samisu, I get what you say. But I don't entirely agree.

On a large scale you see accounts that are active 24/7. This can only be done by sharing accounts. But I think this is the problem in all Travian Games games, The Makers can't enforce their rules, So they just adjust the rules that cheaters are allowed.

And this destroys the game. Nothing is done against multi accounts, nothing is done against sharing accounts. nothing is done against cheating. Some 25% servers are simply accounts that do not follow the rules.

And I don't understand that Travian Games doesn't do anything about it at all. And what you see within Railnation, That one team does try to catch people who cheat. But other Teams from other countries servers do nothing at all.

And it is not personal to you samisu, But at the headquarters they would have committed 100% extra in the technical field as well as in the human field to detecting cheating players. although this causes many banned accounts.

If the suit probability is 80 to 100% then after a while it is a lot calmer with people who still cheat. And this will only make the game better, And maybe bring players back to the game.

railnationwiki

Mijn signature verwijderen die ik al meer dan een jaar heb, Zonder enig bericht waarom. Vind ik persoonlijk jammer.
    GOOD-BYE RAIL NATION

• On a large scale you see accounts that are active 24/7. This can only be done by sharing accounts. But I think this is the problem in all Travian Games games, The Makers can't enforce their rules, So they just adjust the rules that cheaters are allowed.

Nope ;)

When I first won, I played alone.

And I set an alarm.

At every recalculation - I have adjusted my trains and I have invested. Every hour!!!

I rarely missed an hour, even at night! (Era 3-6)

This is not so difficult to realize even with one person.

You have no idea how many crazy people there are in the world.

• Restrict account sharing.

Sounds good.

Do you have any idea that it is impossible to realize!

How will the company / employees know which person is standing in front of the device!

It is impossible to determine.

The only way is biometric identification.

Which due to technical, social, legal and other reasons will not be realized.

• HMR, that's great but it's also ludicrous. And you proved my point. Sharing an account with multiple people makes it much much easier to win.

I didn't say it was necessary, I said it guarantees you will win or at the very least do better than any single player.

And yes Samisu of course there are players that were able to win by themselves but you are missing the point entirely.

Playing with multiple people greatly increases the chances of winning and give that account a huge unfair advantage over any other singel player account.

As HMR mentions here, you need a lot of activity, at least EVERY hour at recalc and to participate in all comps and the only way to do that is to have multiple players on the same account.

I would even easily argue, that it creates an unfair advantage 10x larger than having multiple accounts, which in reality other than bidding extra money for workers does not really bring any other unfair advatage.

Nevertheless you have designated playing multiple accounts as unfair and not allowed, yet you do allow multiple players on the same account?

This is really crazy and ridiculous. And your explanation on "trying out new games bla bla" is not really funny or relevant.

You have legalized a huge unfair advantage and ruined any competitive factor in the game, and ignored all logic regarding cheating in contrast to all other Travian games.

I stadd by my argument, if you want to ever win a server, you will need to play on your account with multiple players. The more players the better. And I can not believe that RN would want this or that the current rules were set specifically to accommodate this with intention.

I suspect you set these ridiculous rules because (as Octa mentions above) you simply have no good way to prevent family members from playing on the same account.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Yes! You are very right that this is allowed because it cannot be restricted.

But not only that ...

Almost all wins in the game are bought with real money.

This is the real injustice.

There is no justice in the game because almost every victory is bought with money.

This is the greatest injustice that will not change, and with which we must continue to play.

And in most cases, the account is not shared to win.

But for mutual help in the family.

• That there are a lot of strange people in the game, I like to believe that. And that some players like you play 1 round full-time to get that No. 1 spot. I know that too. But you can't keep that up for several rounds to play that way.

It is difficult to see who and how many are behind 1 account. But suppose there is an account shared to play 24/7. Railnation does not check whether more accounts are active on the same IP address on the same server. Because you see that a lot on servers. Family or a couple who both play Railnation, and also log into each other's account.

But that something is difficult to control doesn't have to mean just allowing it there. No action is even taken by Railnation to tackle conspicuous cheaters. (in any form of cheating)

But in theory we can now make an association of 25 accounts according to the rules. You still arrange 25 to 50 people and you can have your association and accounts play around with 2 to 3 people per account 24/7.

railnationwiki

Mijn signature verwijderen die ik al meer dan een jaar heb, Zonder enig bericht waarom. Vind ik persoonlijk jammer.
    GOOD-BYE RAIL NATION

Edited once, last by остановилсяˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ().

• Exploits in gaming are a fact of life in computer gaming. They are annoying and every effort should, of course, be taken to plug the loophole when it comes to light. But, I think we all have to accept that this might not always be possible.

Far more annoying is the way this game has, in the name of egalitarianism, been degraded to the point that it is anything by egalitarian.

There is one small group given preferential treatment over the vast majority. It is the players who play only for prestige and have little or no understanding of what the game was originally designed to do. And they could not care less. I believe, strongly, that these "players" get this preferential treatment because individually they buy more gold then the traditional players. Gold is King here and is why little attempt is made to plug exploits as well as deliberate game changes which make aggressive prestige farming the only game in town.

It would be interesting to know if the accumulated largess of the few actually exceeds the accumulated modest purchases of the many.

If the game continues in this vein there is only one logical outcome - it will deteriorate to the point where even the big spenders lose interest. Their game depends entirely on the strategic efforts of the city builders. Let the weeds continue to grow and the city builders will be choked out of existence. No city builders = no game! No question!

A balance must be struck which makes aggressive prestige farming less profitable than city building and in that way the problem of multi-accounts and multi play of single accounts will also be mitigated as the aggressive prestige farmers are the most frequent users of these exploits.

Personally, I have stopped spending to buy gold for this game due the problems mentioned. I would definitely start to purchase once more if the balance was restored. Right now, the game is not worth my spending on and I now play only one server (I used to play 3 to 5). If RN wants people like me to spend more and to play more they know what has to be done.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• The 24 hour thing for associations is already there, as described by Samisu. You can leave an association and immediately join another, but you can't then hop back, when you join the 24hr timer is started.

A 24hr timer on leaving would unfairly prevent people from switching associations immediately before endgame, which is a legitimate and fair use if they want to join an assoc in another city for endgame.