Videos : Vienna Ad YouTube ads don't offer completion

• How long does it take to remove an ad from the rotation? Seriously?

You guys have known about it since Tuesday, and it's not like you have millions of videos to search through, ID or not....I only ever see the same MAYBE 15-20 videos ever, even when it worked. And now you've had the ID for 12 hours....guess someone couldn't spare the 30 seconds of removing that ad from the rotation?

• The Vienna video has now been removed from circulation.

Do you just come here to lie Samisu, or did anyone not actually bother to see if what you guys did removed the video?

Just got on....same stupid Vienna videos are all that will play.

How hard is it to fix this? Whatever you guys are getting paid, it is far to much.

• Do you just come here to lie Samisu, or did anyone not actually bother to see if what you guys did removed the video?

Just got on....same stupid Vienna videos are all that will play.

How hard is it to fix this? Whatever you guys are getting paid, it is far to much.

Video was removed based on an ID number mentioned in this thread, and multiple videos seem to have shared the same ID number. This is what has worked thus far.

But, not this time - and we will find another way to work with the Vienna videos. Thank you for letting me know.

• Video was removed based on an ID number mentioned in this thread, and multiple videos seem to have shared the same ID number. This is what has worked thus far.

But, not this time - and we will find another way to work with the Vienna videos. Thank you for letting me know.

So another week then, of no videos while you guys sit around and try to figure out how to remove an add? Is it really that difficult?

• So another week then, of no videos while you guys sit around and try to figure out how to remove an add? Is it really that difficult?

The video IDs help us tell exactly which video should not be playing (improper content, does not work, etc.) and we have always managed to take videos out from circulation if we just had the ID. This is the first time I can remember when removing an ID did not remove the video. Sitting around is not the plan - plan is to fix this Vienna business as soon as possible and overcome the difficulties.

• The video IDs help us tell exactly which video should not be playing (improper content, does not work, etc.) and we have always managed to take videos out from circulation if we just had the ID. This is the first time I can remember when removing an ID did not remove the video. Sitting around is not the plan - plan is to fix this Vienna business as soon as possible and overcome the difficulties.

You're acting like there's thousands of videos that you guys have to painstakingly sort through to figure it out....how many videos do you guys have in rotation? 50? Maybe less?

Again, you guys have known about the issue for 6 days now, and you waited around for your player base to give you the video ID instead of someone taking initiative and just figuring out which videos are causing the problem.

• As long as there is a working skip button everything is ok.
    Of course the attempt of the video provider will always be to remove temporarily and then fix the issues rather than to remove the video completely.

• So you're saying that Travian "can't figure out" which adds the Vienna video adds are, but they can add a skip button to them.

Seems logical at this point.

The videos aren't from Travian, it's a third party who offers these if I'm correct.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• The videos aren't from Travian, it's a third party who offers these if I'm correct.

You should be right and btw. you have a really nice profile picture. <3

And fot the others: Just don't be mad of not being able to watch videos, this isn't their priority. There is still a infamous amount of bugs lurking around and also a bad lag problem. So just wail, it will thae a while.

• So any 3rd party can put any sort of video they want at all into the game? With no oversight from Travian?

Who thought up that brilliant idea?

I play more games, there you have to watch every 5 to 10 minutes a vid with a lenght between 30 seconds to minutes and no bonus afterwards. Just be glad that you have an option to watch or not. If you are so frustrated with the videos just quit watching them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• So any 3rd party can put any sort of video they want at all into the game? With no oversight from Travian?

Who thought up that brilliant idea?

The videos come based on cookies, just like Google puts banner ads on different websites people visit. These are based on your location for example, so we all get different variety of videos. The Vienna vids - I've never seen them. As back-up videos we play our own ads (other games from Travian Games).

There is a filter or whatever you call it making sure that videos are family friendly that play on our platform. If a video is broken, we use the ID number to remove the video. Just like on regular websites, the owner of the site can set criteria and decide what sort of ads can and can't play on their sites.

I hope this helped explain this a bit.

• The videos come based on cookies, just like Google puts banner ads on different websites people visit. These are based on your location for example, so we all get different variety of videos. The Vienna vids - I've never seen them. As back-up videos we play our own ads (other games from Travian Games).

There is a filter or whatever you call it making sure that videos are family friendly that play on our platform. If a video is broken, we use the ID number to remove the video. Just like on regular websites, the owner of the site can set criteria and decide what sort of ads can and can't play on their sites.

I hope this helped explain this a bit.

So why can't you guys just revert every ad to the backup Travian ads until you can figure out how to remove the Vienna ads?

Is there not some stipulation on the types of ads that can play? How can a 5:30 ad or an ad that doesn't register as complete after it is watched make it into the rotation?

• So why can't you guys just revert every ad to the backup Travian ads until you can figure out how to remove the Vienna ads?

Is there not some stipulation on the types of ads that can play? How can a 5:30 ad or an ad that doesn't register as complete after it is watched make it into the rotation?

Of course they could use back up ads only, but they don't get paid for them, ao they pf course try to use ads, which give them money, thats the whole sence.

• Of course they could use back up ads only, but they don't get paid for them, ao they pf course try to use ads, which give them money, thats the whole sence.

Well they're not making a whole lot of money if the system only plays 1 ad.....And really that's not the point. Any ad that the system plays that doesn't give a reward should be removed immediately. The fact that it plays the same video over and over and that it's 5 minutes long is just like some sort of sick joke on top of the add not giving any reward.

I get it, if you're not affected by it, or if you don't watch any ads anyway, then this has no bearing on your gameplay. But as someone who spends a small amount of gold and uses the video system to stay competitive with the big spenders, it's like fighting with 1 arm tied behind your back.

Don't know why I thought they would get this fixed quickly. I mean, mobile went what, 6 months without being able to watch videos at all?