Incorrect wait time for players from same association

• Hello,

In the attached screenshot you can see that player TGood has a lower wait time than player Jayens, both from the same association, despite TGood having lesser investments in said industry. No newbie status is affecting the wait time by the way. Is this a bug or am I missing something? You can also see that if I were to be connected I would have a 30s wait time, same as Jayens, despite him investing already.

Cheers,

Mihai

Files

• bug.jpg

(715.62 kB, downloaded 25 times, last: )
  • wow_1.jpg

I wonder what this table looks like from the point of view of these players!:/

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• A possible explanation:

The factory has just leveled!

Before levelup Jayens had invested about 600k, which is reduced to 60k when the factory leveled.

TGood had invested less before the factory leveled, also reduced after levelup.

The reduced investments after levelup all have the same waitingtime (it doens't matter how much is invested before levelup).

Jayens has not invested again after levelup so his waitingtime remains the same, but TGood has made 1 (or 2) small investment(s) so his waitingtime is reduced.

EDIT: As I think it over again, it isn't a possible explanation, I think it is the explanation.

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: COM202 Loch Ness :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: DE101 Golden Gate :engine1:

• I think DSnepke got it correct.

The waiting time is determined by the number of invests ("your investments: x"), not by the invested amount of money.

Thanks!

This may explain the situation!

If this is true - then there is a gross visual error!

The information is misleading and clearly shows that the leading factor is the amount of investment and not a certain number of investments.

The only thing you can see is the amount of investment!

I consider this a kind of bug!

• Thank you for your explanation, it does actually seem more plausible than a bug. Although, as Hear Me Roar already stated, we're left with a minor inconsistent bug.

But this raises a question, why do residual investments don't affect the wait time? It's money after all :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by /Mihai ().

• I also think money is money!

Why should the number of investments be more important than the amount of investments ??!?!

ask_1.jpg

Moreover - it is visually shown that the most important thing is the amount of investment!

And prestige is also distributed by the amount of investment.

Why is the waiting time determined by the number?

Why does the number of investments matter at all? Can anyone explain to me!

Why not determine everything only by the amount of investment?

Bruno_BF !

This sounds like a logical error to me!

Some bad legacy, right?

• Calm down HMR. ;-)

An invest reduces the wait time only until the factory levels. When a factory levels the wait time is reset for everyone and the invest is reduced to 10%. So after a factory levels you have to invest again to reduce your wait time again. The logic is clear and no bug or error here.

Be happy that the invest is reduced to 10% with leveling and not to 1%. The latter would lead to more broken majorities.

• Calm down HMR. ;-)

An invest reduces the wait time only until the factory levels. When a factory levels the wait time is reset for everyone and the invest is reduced to 10%. So after a factory levels you have to invest again to reduce your wait time again. The logic is clear and no bug or error here.

Be happy that the invest is reduced to 10% with leveling and not to 1%. The latter would lead to more broken majorities.

2c42np7.jpg

If I understand correctly, there is nothing reassuring.

You say that with a new level of industry, all players lose their investments !!!

Although it is written that there are 10% left !!?!?!?

So if I invest 10 million!

After a new level it will say that I have 1 million invested and I will actually have 0 !!!!

This is not right !!!

If it says that I have 10% and I actually have 0 - this is a mistake !!!!

This is not right !!!

This only shows a rough discrepancy between the written and the real!

In real life this is called a scam!

• One simple solution:

When a industry levels just reduce investments back to 0% instead of 10%. :P

But is that something we want? :/

:engine1: NL01 Stoomketel :engine1: NL201 Euromast :engine1: COM202 Loch Ness :engine1:

:engine1: ES201 El Escorial :engine1: DE101 Golden Gate :engine1:

• One simple solution:

When a industry levels just reduce investments back to 0% instead of 10%. :P

But is that something we want? :/

If this is the reality!

That's how it should be written!

The reality must be described in the accounts !!

Everything else is a scam!

I think there should be 10% left!

Just as it says!

This will meet the truth and the desire of all players!

• If I understand correctly, there is nothing reassuring.

You say that with a new level of industry, all players lose their investments !!!

Although it is written that there are 10% left !!?!?!?

No, I don't said that. Players don't lose their investment. The 10% are stil there and count for the majority (very important) and will earn prestige the next time the factory levels. Just the wait time reduction is reset with each new level.

And one more thing: One invest will get the same wait time reduction for a level 1 and a level 30 factory (with equal utilisation), but the price is much higher for the invest in a level 30 factory. ;-) Another scam? 8)

• And one more thing: One invest will get the same wait time reduction for a level 1 and a level 30 factory (with equal utilisation), but the price is much higher for the invest in a level 30 factory. Another scam?

That is okay! Because the shares of the industry are more expensive!

No, I don't said that. Players don't lose their investment. The 10% are stil there and count for the majority (very important) and will earn prestige the next time the factory levels. Just the wait time reduction is reset with each new level.

In terms of waiting time, the player loses his investment!

This is not OK! This is KO!

Although it is recorded that it retains 10%. The player retains 0%!

This is a scam!

This is OK!

This is SCAM!

• You don't have to repeat the pictures again and again. I'm not 5 years old anymore. I got your point with your first post already and just wanted to explain the game mechanic a bit. I'm fine with the mechanic that requires new invests after a factory has leveled and I see the logic behind that. Please stop exaggerating like this. Its not a scam.

• Thanks a lot for explaining the mechanics to me.

I really didn't know it was!

With all due respect!

Written information is a scam!

Because it does not correspond to the truth!

What is written shows a direct connection between the total amount of investments and the waiting time!

And there is no such connection.

I'm not against the mechanics of the game!

But the written information does not correspond to the mechanics of the game!

There is no number of investments in the written information!

And there must be if that is decisive!

ps

The picture is repeated with additional information for all other readers. To see clearly the problem to which I write. Is not for you.I apologize if I send you the wrong message!

• What is written shows a direct connection between the total amount of investments and the waiting time!

And there is no such connection.

No, it doesn't shows a direct connection between the total amount of investments and the waiting time.

I'm not against the mechanics of the game!

But the written information does not correspond to the mechanics of the game!

There is no number of investments in the written information!

Look again:

• Let's clarify the situation with this counter first!

This is a kind of investment counter on which the amount of the next investment depends.

But the waiting time does not depend on it!

Here for me this counter is 0!

But my waiting time depends on previous investments!

That remaining 10%!

What is the relationship between this counter and the waiting time?

As we can see!

- Only the amount of investment depends on this counter!

- The waiting time does not depend on this counter!

• Thats because of another factor you doesn't seem to know. Did you never wounder about decreasing wait times of other members of your association when you invested? Of course not related to the majority. Try it yourself. Invest a few times in a just leveled factory and watch the wait times of other members of your association. Or search a factory with zero invests from you but where of other members of your association invested and look at the time after "Investments:" in the waiting time popup. ;-)

• What you are describing apparently has nothing to do with this counter.

This is because the proportions of investments are changing.

And the waiting time visibly depends on these proportions. Not just the amount of investment.

But here we are talking about proportions of total investment. Not for the counter.

If waiting time depended on that counter.

My investment time would be 0! Because my counter is 0!

What is clearly visible!

The waiting time has nothing to do with this counter.

The waiting time is related to the amount of investment.

The waiting time is related to the proportion of the investment to the other players.

If there is a relationship between this counter and the waiting time, how can this be proven by these tables?