⚠️Don't be stupid when you invest! Like me!

• Don't be stupid when you invest! Like me!

So far, I've always been very stupid in investing.

Because I thought my investment reduced waiting time after a new level.

Nothing like that!

If you have invested 10 million.

After the new level you will have $ 1 million (10% for prestige)

After the new level you will have $ 0 (0% for waiting time)

This is because there are two factors.

And they are changing differently after a new level of industry!

Money is a factor of prestige.

Money is a factor for the majority.

Money is not a waiting time factor. (direct influence)

The money is 10% after a new level of industry.

The number of investments is not a factor of prestige.

The number of investments is not a majority factor.

The number of investments is a waiting time factor. (direct influence)

The number of investments is 0% after a new level of industry.

The logic:

- the waiting time depends only on the investments at this level

- the prestige depends on the investments at this level + 10% of the investments at the previous level

As you can see!

3 very different amounts - the same waiting time!

Money already in - this is not a factor!

I don't think that's right! But this is the reality!

-----

⚠️Don't be stupid when you invest! Like me!

⚠️Seien Sie nicht dumm, wenn Sie investieren! So wie ich!

⚠️Ne soyez pas stupide quand vous investissez ! Comme moi !

⚠️Не глупи, когда инвестируешь! Как я!

• Good point to discuss

Most important stat to look at for wait time reduction is

Your investment: 0

For a required good that should be at 2, 3 maybe 4 invests under normal factory usage, then you have the best wait time when you are majority holding asso.

(the rest of waittime optimation should come from integration // supplying goods and factory occupation rate)

When the factory occupation is very high 200-300% more invests can bring more waittime reduction

And also when factory is low stocked on supply goods extra invests can give some quick wait time relief before you get it better stocked.

Doing more investments will cost a lot of money but wont get you much more advantages..

So that is some basic invest strategy for when your asso has majority of a good..

but also for when you are running that industry without majority and no intention to get majority

When you don't have majority and you need or want to have it... then it is real simpel.. forget about the Your investment and click invest button till you get majority.

That can be expensive though...

same strategy applies when you really really want that nr 1 prestige points.

Personally I have a rule to keep myself from over-investing,

I try not to pay more than 10.000 - 20.000 for each prestige point from an industry so if you can get 100 prestige I go upto 2.000.000 invests.

Reason for this strategy is that often if you have 4.000.000 to spend you may be able to get 40 points from 3 factories with the 4 miljon spread out over those, so getting 120 prestige instead of 100 for 4 miljon for a top 1 rank in 1 industry.

of course if you're lucky you get 100 for 2 miljon and also some 80-100 points on the other 2 industries..

• This is not a bug.

This is the idea of the authors.

But I think it's the wrong idea.

This leads to the absurd situation that a player who has invested more money has a worse waiting time.

This leads to the absurd situation that a player who has invested more money has a worse waiting time.

No.

The player with higher waitingtime has invested less than the player with lower waitingtime (in this level of the factory!) although it seemes otherwise because the player had higher investments in the previous level of the factory.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

* playing my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• No.

The player with higher waitingtime has invested less than the player with lower waitingtime (in this level of the factory!) although it seemes otherwise because the player had higher investments in the previous level of the factory.

Yes!

At this level, less is invested.

But visibly and in general more has been invested.

So more is actually invested.

For this reason, many players consider this a bug!

• I know this is an old thread, but i really don't get it. If WT is a result of numbers of click, how can XL77 in this screenshot, have lower WT than me, after I put 3 clicks? If you look at how much my 4. click cost, it's impossible he had put 4 clicks in, without investing more than me? and it's not only a few seconds difference!

Please explain, because I feel a bit stupid now :(

• I know this is an old thread, but i really don't get it. If WT is a result of numbers of click, how can XL77 in this screenshot, have lower WT than me, after I put 3 clicks? If you look at how much my 4. click cost, it's impossible he had put 4 clicks in, without investing more than me? and it's not only a few seconds difference!

maybe the friendly status from the asso who has majority in that industry

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• yes, maybe, but Hear me roar write this:
    - the waiting time depends only on the investments at this level

and that is what makes me confused, because if that's true, earlier investments should not make a difference, but it does! apparently, unless I don't understand it

yes that's correct as Hear me Roar said. After a levelup of an industry the investments are reset. If you look just before and after a level up of an industry you see your investment has dropped, the waittime will rise again and you start lowering it again by investing and integrating of supply goods.

And what I said earlier, a fiendship setting, can cause a lower waittime for somebody whith a lower invest as you. Or member of the asso who has majority.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

You had more investment in the previous level.

Now you have 3 investments and he for example 5.

• You had more investment in the previous level.

Now you have 3 investments and he for example 5.

Yes, I understand that, but why are my investments so expensive then? I can not do , ex 5 clicks for 484.000, like he did. Thats why I wondered how he can put more clicks in, than me, because 1 click for me cost more than he invested in total at this level. -

But now I had a thought.. does the investment price for you, personally, rise for each investment REGARDLESS the industry had a new level?
    I have always thought the price for investing in an industry was a fixed price calculated from the industry level, and the same for everybody.
    But I can see that is not true, now you say XL77 had more clicks. So... how is that calculated?
    Each click get more expensive, that is easy to see. But is it only calculated from your total clicks in the industry, and have nothing to do with industry level, as I always thought?

• Yes, I understand that, but why are my investments so expensive then? I can not do , ex 5 clicks for 484.000, like he did. Thats why I wondered how he can put more clicks in, than me, because 1 click for me cost more than he invested in total at this level. -

But now I had a thought.. does the investment price for you, personally, rise for each investment REGARDLESS the industry had a new level?
    I have always thought the price for investing in an industry was a fixed price calculated from the industry level, and the same for everybody.
    But I can see that is not true, now you say XL77 had more clicks. So... how is that calculated?
    Each click get more expensive, that is easy to see. But is it only calculated from your total clicks in the industry, and have nothing to do with industry level, as I always thought?

I'm probably wrong.

The investment at each step is the same for the players. Regardless of the previous level and investment.

Probably the difference comes from integration.

• nope, I guess it's not how it works. Earlier investments must count to your WT after a level. same problem on Crude Oil, that do not have integration.
    Here, putting 1 click (250.000) for the first time in a newly connected industry. so cheapest investment at this level is 250.000, and as you see Vitek has lower WT, probably from earlier investments, before me.
    Not confused anymore, because i am convinced the calculation is not that simple as you write.

• Bruno_BF Is this a bug?

• My problem is that investments can get super expensive over time and bring 0 to little improvement, because as you said, what matters are the clicks, not the amount of money spent