HTML5 Status Update request

• So here we are, a bit over 5 weeks later. how about an update on this timeline?

• Well, the Germans do the same request, over and over again ... and what we know since Friday:

The - obviously - only employee, that is able to get information AND able to post in this forum for us customers was on vacation. Last week he was back and informed us, that the work still goes on, under high pressure (I replied that programmers cannot work correctly under high pressure, because they need some creativity for best results and concentration to avoid bugs ... but got no answer on that).

However, we were promised that next week we will get informations, about the reasons for being late, about results, about why no bugfixing happened meanwhile, etc.

So ... again the call "be patient!" that we know soooo well. We will see, if they give the information in German, in English or in all RN languages.

If it comes in German only, I will try to translate ... so maybe next weekend already (hahaha) we will know more.

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

• this is really BS, sorry for my expression. The game industry is a 24/7 business. If one is on vacation somebody else should take over. Every company works like this. It's becomming more and more a very amaturistic thing. Try to do something withhout knowing what to do.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• this is really BS, sorry for my expression. The game industry is a 24/7 business. If one is on vacation somebody else should take over. Every company works like this. It's becomming more and more a very amaturistic thing. Try to do something withhout knowing what to do.

I would full heartedly agree, Naike. When 50 years ago I worked as a taxi driver and later as a sailing teacher .... I would not even have thought of free weekends, cause that were the times, when my customers were there ... and in both jobs (that gave me money to survive the university time) my rule was: Be there when the customers are there. About the vacation thing: yes, in a 50 people company there should be at least ONE, who would continue customer communication, when one of them is on vacation. But that is, what we were told ... vacation -> no html information.

RN/Travian sets priority on free weekends and evenings for their employees higher than to be online on custumers' prime times. I don't think we have a chance to change that.

And that is, why I promised to translate to English, when we get Germen information about the html migration and about bugfixing.

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

• Well I'm getting absolutely fed up with us being informed of exactly nothing...

All we get is the usual rubbish, that "we are still working on it and have cured hundreds of bugs but we don't have a release date yet for the revamped HTML5"

We get this every month or so, and nothing else. And yet the game gets worse all the time..

I have never before come across such a set of cowboys in over 20 years of online gaming.

• If the chat has been re worked, did you finally add an 'off' button to the chat on web version, as the mobile version already has and which has been requested by thousands of players???

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• Yes, use less tabs in your browser, that's works for me, one brower for RN, another browser for other stuff.

Doesn't work at all. In the first 2 eras the game works fine. In later eras when you connect to more cities the crash per 3 mins nightmare start again. It could crash when you just set up a 10 stop schedule and you have to refresh and start all over again. It could happen right after the refresh so you need to refresh twice. It could happen just before an important worker bid auction closing. It could happen when you timed for a competition and was going to sign up.

• Hei TabeYuriko

we were actually able to identify a few problems that could have caused game crashes.

Whether the cause of the crashes is related to yours is difficult to evaluate.

It would be great if you could give us some feedback as soon as your server is updated to the new version. :)

Greetings,

Pia

• Great to hear that, hope that it would make things better. Will let you know when the updates are on.

Cheers

• No luck. 2 days after the update is installed, all I can notice is the asso widget changed into weird color, research tree becomes extremely laggy that I have to turn it off in the options to bring it back to normal. The game still crashes every 3-10 mins.