🗺️ Help wanted to plan a railroad trip! Reward incl.

• Hello, my new and helpful friends,

My name is Alexander and I've lived my whole life in St Petersburg - never traveled anywhere, until now. I got invited to Barcelona by a friend of mine, and since this is my first trip abroad I wish to visit lots of famous landmarks on the way.

I made a travel plan for myself and will visit 22 landmarks by train before arriving to Barcelona. The railroad paths I can travel are marked in black, but I do not wish to return back to any of the landmarks once visited. If you manage to help plan a route for me that visits all landmarks only once, starting from St Petersburg and ends in Barcelona, I'd be forever thankful. I will even gather some gifts for you from my travels.

Thank you already for your kind help,

Alexander

RULES

• Find a path from St Petersburg to Barcelona that visits each landmark only once, by following the railroad tracks marked on the map.
    • Give your answer together with the name of your game world where you wish to receive the prize, by Sunday 5th of July, 21:00 UTC, 2020.
    • How you give your answer is up to you, by drawing/typing on top of the map or listing the order of landmarks to visit, for example.

PRIZE

• One week of Plus Account and 7 lottery tickets to 7 randomly selected players with a correct answer.
    • Only answers with a game world mentioned will take part in the prize draw.

This thread is moderated, and all answers will be published after the contest is over.

Good luck everyone!

Your Rail Nation team

• St Petersburg Helsinki Stockholm Oslo London Paris Bordeaux Marseille Barcelona Rome Milan Vienna Sofia Athens Budapest Prague Munich Zurich Cologne Amsterdam Hamburg Berlin Warsaw Gdansk St Petersburg

Game World US102 Grand Central

• 1 ST. PETERSBURG

2 Helsinki

3 Stockholm

4 Oslo

5 London

6 Amsterdam

7 Cologne

8 Paris

9 Bordeaux

10 Zurich

11 Milan

12 Marseille

13 BARCELLONA

14 Rome

15 Sofia

16 Athens

17 Budapest

18 Vienna

19 Munich

20 Prague

21 Warsaw

22 Berlin

23 Hamburg

24 Gdansk

25 ST. PETERSBURG

JAMBO29

COM03 Smoke Chamber

• St. Petersburg - Helsinki - Stockholm - Oslo - London - Paris - Bordeaux - Marseille - Barcelona - Rome - Milan - Zürich - Cologne - Amsterdam - Hamburg - Berlin - Munich - Vienna - Sofia - Athens - Budapest - Prague - Warzaw - Gdansk - and home again.

But: I sincerely recommend that you even pass Copenhagen, when going from Oslo to London. You wouldn't want to miss the Little Mermaid, even if you aren ot interested in fairytales. I live in Sweden, so I know that there are good connections.

Furthermore - when in Barcelona, you MUST NOT forget to visit Gaudis church, La Sagrada Familia, which maybe is the best sight on all of your journey. You'll see the light there, litterally, without even being religious.

Talking about churches - an even more important landmark in Vienna is St. Stephans, in the very center of the city. It is my home town, so I would advise that you spend a week there. PM me, so I can give you some hints of what to do. Or you can taka a look at my web empire, where I write about Vienna: VIENNA

Finally, going from Vienna to Sofia, why not pass lovely Ljubljana in Slovenia and then make a stop in Belgrade, as it is directly on your route. The Triple Bridge in Ljubljana and the Dome of St. Sava in Belgrade surely are worth a visit. And why not spend an afternoon at the castle in Belgrade, where the power of the Ottomans' was broken in the early 18th century?

However, I wish you a very nice trip, I would love to do this myself!!! :-)

COM05 - Cylinder Head

• St Petersburg
    Gdansk
    Hamburg
    Amsterdam

Cologne
    Berlin
    Warsaw
    Prague
    Munich
    Zurich
    Milan
    Vienna

Budapest
    Athens

Sofia
    Rome

Barcelona

Marseille
    Bordeaux
    Paris
    London
    Oslo
    Stockholm
    Helsinki
    St Petersburg

• Sint Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, Oslo, London, Amsterdam, Hamburg, Gdansk, Warsaw, Berlin, Colonge, Paris, Bordeaux, Zurich, Milan, Vienna, Budapest, Athene, Sofia, Rome, Marseille, Barcelona.

Stoomketel NL

• HELSINKI, STOCKHOLM, OSLO, LONDON, AMSTERDAM, HAMBURG, GDANSK, WARSAW, BERLIN,COLOGNE, PARIS, BORDEAUX, ZURICH, MUNICH, PRAGUE,

BUDAPEST, ATHENS, SOFIA, VIENNA, MILAN, ROME, MARSEILLE, then to BARCELONA.

Thank You

Preston's Trains

• St Petersburg

Helsinki

Stockholm

Oslo

London

Paris

Amsterdam

Hamburg

Gdańsk

Warsaw

Berlin

Munich

Zurich

Bordeaux

Marselle

Milan

Vienna

Budapest

Athens

Sofia

Rome

Barcelona

US103 Broadway (2x)

• There is no answer if you can also only visit a city once. There is no Hamiltonian Path (visits each point exactly once) for a 4 x 6 grid that starts in one corner and ends in the diagonal opposite corner, which is what this problem requires. However, if you can visit a city twice (only landmarks say one visit) then the attached diagram shows the result.

Steve Mencik, Loch Ness, COM-202

• Path will be as follow.

ST. Petersburg

Helsinki

Stockholm

Oslo

London

Amsterdam

Hamburg

Gdansk

Warsaw

Prague

Berlin

Cologne

Paris

Bordeaux

Marseille

Mian

Zurich

Munich

Vienna

Budapest

Athens

Sofia

Rome

Barcelona

Surapappa

Steam over Europe

Com201 BigBen

• ST PETERSBURG - GDANSK - SAINT PETERSBURG - HELSINKI - STOCKHOLM - OSLO - LONDON - AMSTERDAM - HAMBOURG - BERLIN - WARSAW - PRAGUE - BUDAPEST - ATHENS - SOFIA - VIENNA - MUNICH - ZURICH - COLOGNE - PARIS - BORDEAUX - MARSEILLE - MILAN - ROME - BARCELONA

It is not said that we can't see ST PETERSURG two times as it is not one of the 22 landmarks.

US 101 GOLDEN GATE

• Dear Alexander,

What a wonderful trip you have planned. I hear the passenger trains travelling this route are amazing! Remember to take a face covering with you - many countries require that if you are travelling by train these days. If you wish to visit all of these cities, then I would suggest the following route:

St Petersburg > Helsinki > Stockholm > Oslo > London > Amsterdam > Cologne > Paris > Bordeaux > Zurich > Milan > Marseille > Barcelona > Rome > Sofia > Athens > Budapest > Vienna > Munich > Prague > Warsaw > Berlin > Hamburg > Gdansk > St Petersburg.

Of course, the joy of this route is that one could start from any point. I would love to visit these cities too, so let me know how the trip goes and I might try it for myself!

Have a great time and don't forget to post some pics of your trip,

Best wishes,

Ghoti

(COM202 Loch Ness)