What happened to JP01 server?

• I found some posts or rumors about it getting closed down due to abuse but also heard it was closed due to lack of players and expiry of domain.

The last bit is kind of invalid as there's no reason why you can't run Japanese or any other server on .com domain like jp01.rail-nation.com.

I wonder how little paying player is too little?

If anyone has a link to an official announcement post regarding the closure of JP01, it'll be greatly appreciated.

• This game world was closed a while ago. It has nothing to do with abuse or expiring domains, but, as you said, lack of players. Player numbers on this game world were far below any other game world and almost none of them were from Japan. This server was mostly used by international players and did not have the player numbers/activity to support proper gameplay.

• Just my 2 cents, as I discussed in the thread here

Reset time unfairness

A "Japan server" with the reset time still exactly the same as European server has nothing attractive to Japanese players (Or any nearby Asian players).

It's just another European server with a Japanese flag on it while Japanese player ironically still have to suffer a big unfair disadvantage from the beginning for no reason.

• Yea, I'm residing in east Asia so I was hoping that there are servers with better timing for city competitions etc. without me having to stay up until Monday 2am in order to participate in city competitions in a few neighboring cities.

I guess it's one of the many improvements that can be made.

Thanks for the input.

• Just to be sure about what is going on ... do I correctly understand Salix and the players, that the Japanese server was run with starting times that were installed and set for European customers? If so, it does not need much thinking to know. why it was not crowded by Japanese people.

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

• Not quite, no. It was 19:00 local time in Japan (12:00 in Germany). I do not know the exact reasons for that, this was way before my time, but the general process is to adapt the server start time to local habits and demographics.

• Not quite, no. It was 19:00 local time in Japan (12:00 in Germany). I do not know the exact reasons for that, this was way before my time, but the general process is to adapt the server start time to local habits and demographics.

Hi Salix, glad to hear about "adapt the time to local habits" .

My proposal is more directed on the "reset time" (when city transport pp is calculated) rather than the "Server start time "(day/era change etc) though.

I do see servers (e.g. USA servers) that has a different start of a day time, but it still have the exact same reset time (i.e UTC+0)

From what I see, the servers worldwide all have the same "reset time" UTC+0, which is very inconvenient for certain timezone players.

While the "start of a day time" may differ by 1 to 2 hours (still a bit odd considering USA/Germany/Japan have time zone difference of about 6~10 hours between each other).

• Im in Philippines, and here Standard and Euro servers start 8pm local time, US Servers 10Pm, sure the Japanese Server starts 8pm here too. I know few other Filipino there play. too. So need to be a east/southeast server not only japanese. Maybe a standard server with asians city name.