Time to speak out about new End Game Targets and moving the goalposts!

• It's time to speak out loud and clear about the New End Game Targets and the fact that Rail Nation has been applying formulas willy nilly to servers going into the End Game without any official notification to players as to what they can expect to be dealing with and plan ahead for their End Game.

There were some rumblings on the Rail Nation forum about this, but rumblings on the forum aren't the same as an official notification from Rail Nation - which we didn't get.

New End Game Tonnage Calculation

We just had an End Game on Loch Ness without any notific ation from Rail Nation, that they had changed their minds and changed the formulas again!

We had been told with the server restart that the new End Game Targets would be applied and for regular servers this would be:

(City level tones) * 3 * (active players / 100) ^ 0.5

Our team planned accordingly to handle the much higher tonnage and should have gone into the End Game with a target of 213k tonnes.

As soon as the End Game started, it was apparent that the goalposts had been moved; the target to get goods green in the first city was 170k tonnes not 238k!

The first city into the End Game was level 43 with 139 people connected and should have had a target of 238k tonnes, not the 170k tonnes we saw.

On looking at the excellent information on the New End Game Tonnage thread, it seems that Rail Nation has willy nilly decided to apply the Speed Server to all servers, which is:

(City level tones) * 2 * (active players / 100) ^ 0.7

So instead of having a target which would be much higher than anything you've ever seen before, the chances are your target will be much lower than anything you've ever seen before (it's still population based, so do check for your own city).

***So watch out any other servers who are going into the End Game in the next few weeks - Rail Nation has moved the goal posts again!***

While it is Rail Nation's prerogative to change the targets as they think best works for the game, IT IS NOT OK TO NOT TELL PEOPLE THAT THE TARGETS HAVE CHANGED AND NEVER WILL BE.

• Thank you very much for rising this important topic, and we are very sorry for not communicating this change in time. Our lack of communication has clearly affected your game, and for this we need to apologize.

Your feedback has been forwarded and heard, and we are preparing communication now.

• How dare you? We played 3 months this round and at the end of it you change everything. I can't say how mad I'm. I wasted money for nothing. You think that I'm going to do it again if I'm not sure what you do next time. We already lost members of our assoc because of you. How you like that? I don't like it at all and I blame you and only you. Thanks a lot.

• you could at least play, we at NL201 are thrown back several updates. That server started last week with old configurations. Twice we had a bug with the cheaper maintenance event, it did cost us a lot of money. Our new endgame isn't going to happen in the first half year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Thank you very much for rising this important topic, and we are very sorry for not communicating this change in time. Our lack of communication has clearly affected your game, and for this we need to apologize.

Your feedback has been forwarded and heard, and we are preparing communication now.

Whilst the feedback might have been forwarded and heard, after reading the "communication", I am unconvinced that it will be listened to.

I'll give you that different servers have different challenges, and I have experienced end games that lasted 18 hours (too short) and ones that lasted 6 days (too long). However the latest change was interpreted to be pushing the game longer, and give the smaller cities more chance. For a server like Com-202 - the little cities have no chance as by the time they have started the bigger cities are 50-60% finished and there is no hope to catch up.

It would be very good to know what end game time the developers were aiming at.

Like many, I have become increasingly disappointed in the value that this game has. Whilst I fully understand that the development team need to make a living, at the same time they need to understand that every change to the game in recent times (from increasing plus by 50% to the changes to the shop / daily bonuses) have decreased the value I put to the game.

• Loekie

CM Team Lead

For admitting RN communication was wrong and not even communicated to us players.

point is what is RN going to do about it ??

i have played from the start of this game thick or thin.

Even joined the team under Yaenara,

under the new structure i get the feeling the company dont care anymore about us players. our view dont count anymore.

My only thing i am proud of is my RN watch you gave me years ago for being a royal player. which i still have in its box. (who amongst you management can remember those days?

My point is such is my disappointment i have signed up for my last server, so 3 months i leave the game.l

Why all this doesn't surprise me?

Why don't RN compensate players because of their error?

Why can't players have one entire round without some "crap" that makes everyone upset?

When do you realize you're losing players because of this?

When are you going to listen who really knows the problems of the game (the players of the game not the ones just enter a round to say good morning once per week and ask if everything is ok, and when answered you ignore them)?

Can I be answered just this time to all my questions? pleeeeeeaaase.

I hope one day RN stop trying to suicide....