With whom you can speak if support doesn't solve the issue?

• Hello,

Maybe a moderator or a community manager can help me understand. I've wrote to support almost 6 weeks ago about a case of multiple accounts, all playing under the same association, level 1 and whatnot, that will cause issues on COM2. Of course the ticket got handled, eventually closed, and we all know Rail Nation doesn't disclose ticket resolutions, which is fine.

But like I said, almost six weeks passed and those accounts are still alive and kicking, over 15 of them. Now not all level 1 accounts instantly mean "another multi account", but when all of them start in one city, which wasn't the +100gold one, and all of them head to the nearest city because that's the one they want to level, and they all haul the RG properly and switch to direct when leveling, and all have the same railway network and pretty much the same station upgrade path, you see where I am going?

Keep in mind that we are talking about level 1 accounts, supposedly new players that don't know which train is best and that breaking a majority is a thing that causes harm.

What do you do when the support doesn't handle this issue? I am curios and upset and dissapointed in the same time. I don't want to write another support ticket and be handled by the same Joe, I mean come on...

Cheers,

Mihai

The post was edited 1 time, last by /Mihai ().

• I have seen this same issue on other servers. It can completely ruin a round. The development is so uniform it looks like 'bots are at work. I agree, it needs to be taken more seriously.

• The team will follow on reports like this, will check the account details and if there's a clear case of someone breaking the rules or not.

With clear case I mean we need hard proof instead of just banning or removing accounts that "seem weird".

An old player might be returning, inviting a group of co-workers or friends to join and with his lead they will start from level 1, in the same city. A group of friends moving from one game to the next. Even I've brought a big group of players in the same city who all started from Career level 1, and I helped guide them.

What players can do is report accounts they strongly suspect of breaking the rules (and why). If someone was not banned or account removed, then there simply was not enough reason to act.

Please keep reporting accounts you suspect of breaking the rules and our team will look into those accounts. There always needs to be a very good reason why you think account X is breaking the rules.

• Samisu, thank you for replying.

But if we're going to play cops and robbers, that's not going to be good for the game on the long run, because it's not the job of the reporting player to bring the evidence, it's the job of the support to investigate thoroughly.

Basically you're saying that even if I've presented my proof, which in 99% of the cases means that the accounts belong to one person, if your customer support representative looks into the matter in a different way, perhaps using some limiting methods, and doesn't find anything wrong because, as I've said, the tools are limited, the case gets closed with an incorrect "Solved" status.

Let me show you something which, from any experienced player, is good enough proof:

(Image removed. Please do not post images that identify players here on the forum in the context of calling them multi-accounts.)

Look at all those LEVEL 1 players who:

1. Have connected to mainly JUST 4 cities.

2. Have connected to the EXACT mainly just 4 cities.

3. More than half of them have the prestige points range of ONLY 10k.

4. Have ONLY the Morpheus train.

5. Have the Construction Yard level range of mostly ONLY 3 levels.

6. Have the Track Production level range of mostly ONLY 2 levels.

7. Have the Laboratory level range of mostly ONLY 3 levels.

8. Have the Bank level range of mostly ONLY 2 levels.

9. Almost ALL have generated ONLY 242 - 736 prestige from competitions, in almost 4 full eras.

Bonus:

10. They manage to keep their city 1st in the city rankings DESPITE having ONLY 58 active players, which 16 of them are only level 1.

Tell me, please, what more do you require?

• Please contact the game support with your information.

Players do not need to prove someone is breaking the rules, but they should have clear reasons why they make these claims, when contacting support.

Public claims should never be made on the forum or any other public platform of ours that identify players.

• It's good to know that the forum is swiftly managed correctly, and I don't mean it in an ironic way, I really appreciate it.

But you're welcome, for doing your (Rail Nation, not you specifically) job, I wonder how many players like me go through such a long way into making the game have less cheaters.

You could have forwarded the information I gave you to the support, or open a support ticket with 3 clicks and a copy-paste.

Or at least a thank you.

Cheers!

• What I saw was you visited the stations of 15 players, gathered their building level information and where they are connected etc. And those values were close to each other while not identical.

What the table did not tell is are they different people with a great leader, a team with multiple accounts, one player running 15 accounts or something else. That is for the support team to figure out.

I can forward your table to the team in this case, but it is usually best if players do the reporting themselves via tickets. Forum crew does not have access or tools to handle these claims, and forum is not a good place in general to report possible rule breakers - those comments will be edited or deleted.

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to follow up on those 15 accounts ;)

• What I saw was you visited the stations of 15 players, gathered their building level information and where they are connected etc. And those values were close to each other while not identical.

What the table did not tell is are they different people with a great leader, a team with multiple accounts, one player running 15 accounts or something else. That is for the support team to figure out.

I can forward your table to the team in this case, but it is usually best if players do the reporting themselves via tickets. Forum crew does not have access or tools to handle these claims, and forum is not a good place in general to report possible rule breakers - those comments will be edited or deleted.

P.S. Thank you for taking the time to follow up on those 15 accounts ;)

Thank you.

I've already opened a support ticket, the issue is there's no communication back and forth. Maybe the support staff wants additional information on why I think what I think.

Of course, nothing is 100%, there's always a chance for things to be different than they might appear.

Just so happens that the chair is actually a great leader, one from who I have learned some things myself as well.

Just so happens that I wrote to him in the beginning of the round, seeing that the majority of those accounts were in a different association, and he was hopping that they are not indeed multi accounts, because they already planned a merge.

Just so happens that the accounts started in a different city than the one said leader, and his association started, therefore the scenario where they were steered into playing the game to its finest doesn't hold up.

Moreover, how would that hold up? They know how to haul integrated, respect majorities, what to upgrade, where to connect, what train to buy, and yet... don't know how to run competitions?

Come on...

This is the kind of conversation I would have prefered to have with the support staff honestly.

• We have our own methods to find rule breakers, methods we do not discuss with players no matter what. Players can send us tips where we should look, but we will take it from there.

This is probably why support does not spend time sending messages back and forth, they will investigate and follow our internal guidelines. Support can say "we will look into it", but that's pretty much it. We like to keep things very hush hush, and for a good reason.

Discussion on why someone was or wasn't banned, or what information we use - that will never happen.

• I would imagine so, and that's fine by me (not discussing the methods nor the resolution), it's just that in my case this is the second time I am reporting these players and my feeling is that the support team take things for granted, meaning no pro-activity, only reactivity.

Like there's a chance that these accounts aren't multiple accounts there's also a chance that they are. So imagine that I didn't report them, nobody does, they continue to grow in level (now they reached level 3-7) and the next round they're 1 star players with career level almost 10. If I take a look at them I say, of course they're fine, they've played one round before, saw how the game works and now they've improved.

No one is going to report them any longer, and you've got yourself a bunch of 15 multiple accounts that can cause rampage on other servers as well, all thanks to the support team who aren't actively scouting such issues, nor are they thoroughly investigating them.

I get it, you are on the other side, defending the company and all, but I'm going to say something that you may or may not understand it fully. Players like them come and go, hot shots who run their thing and eventually get bored, players like me play round after round after round, making bonds with other players, running associations through multiple eras and, at least in my case, constantly buying gold every now and then.

If you don't take this seriously enough and improve the quality of the game, players are going to get fed up and eventually stop playing, like I've read in my other post regarding multiple accounts (don't have many, just these two). So there's some food for thought.

You can consider my question answered and can close the topic since I don't seem to have an option for that.

All the best.

• Please contact the game support with your information.

Players do not need to prove someone is breaking the rules, but they should have clear reasons why they make these claims, when contacting support.

Public claims should never be made on the forum or any other public platform of ours that identify players.

A quick update on this matter, contacted support on 7th of August, ticket got processed and closed on the 8th of August. It has been almost a full week and nothing happened, in the meantime those 16 accounts still continue to play. Now either there's nothing wrong with them or there's something wrong with support. I keep checking those accounts every now and then, haven't seen ONE online, just ONE to be green dot, never, most likely who's logging in their account stays like half a minute.

Alright, I'm going to find another way to solve this issue.

• I fully agree with what / Muhai says regarding the lack of information when it is reported.

Without wanting to go into the methods they use, I think they should be more transparent.

When a complaint is made, at least one must have a response, at least, coherent and empathetic.

Why can't the person making the complaint be given an explanation privately?

This explanation must include at least comments regarding whether or not what is denounced is true. And an explanation of the conclusion, although no internal details are given. It is the least you deserve.

** I don't speak and write English well. I have translated it by Google translator from Spanish.

• When a player reports they suspect someone of breaking the rules, game support will look into it but can't really give additional details. All players are protected by privacy laws and we will not share information on someone else's account.

I understand the need for answers, but whatever actions the game support takes - that is between us and the account in question.

• One thing is data protection and another is the lack of information and transparency.

The first I understand and accept it.

The second no.

And giving an explanation does not imply breach of data protection.

For example, placing an incident for insults, which will be checked by a certain number of people, must have a conclusion, which could be "What you consider to be an insult, we do not understand as such". I have lived that example. It has been reported and there has been no penalty. The same meaning of insult in some countries may be different in others. For example, in Spanish, some words are insults in some countries and not in others. Who and why determines that it is or is not? That is the information that has to be given. And it is nothing that violates the law.

• when it comes to information about reported players an avatar name is protected and it's private data and are protected by "laws".

When youtubers display you avatar name it is all of a sudden not private data anymore and allowed without the owner has given concent to use it because it's a nickname and nobody knows the real person behind it.

For me there should be one defenition of an avatar name, it's private or it's not private. Double standards are applied.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?