Can anyone help me out with this ?????

• Hello,

Everything was honkey-donkey until this came up a few moments ago,

Don´t know what to do with it cause German is not a familiar language to me...

Can anyone tell me, how am I suppose to play?

If this is another way for players to consent the 3rd party cookies ( since it begun I´ve never watched a video again ) my trains will be off for good...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.:)

• Hi, I had this also. It asks to accept the regular cookies.

The text in black at the left is accepting only the needed cookies, the text in the middle is for accepting manually the cookies you want, and the text at the right side is accept all cookies.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Hi, I just added information on this here: New Cookie consent form

Hope it helps, and thank you for reporting this. I was just wondering if I'm the only one getting a German pop-up.

I got it now for the second time for the same server, the game did a restart of it's own. After consenting the needed cookies the loading screen freezes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Well, a lot of websites apply cookie consent tools to their websites, to opt-in into cookie use.

Cookie consent tools should be localised ... should ... the update shows, localizing is left out, which might be a bug ... or an incomplete update.

European law changes into rules that companies MUST show an opt-in popup to get the agreement ... especially if cookies are used for tracking and tracing.

Problem is: most programs that are a bit more complex, NEED cookies, to know who you are, when you change from map to research, for example.

But most of the cookies used are for tracking, tracing, marketing, statistics ... meaning to store also private data or even give them to others (the video ad providers for example)

So, the buttons:

first dark one is to allow "nur notwendige Cookies" = "only necessary Cookies" ... which I understand those cookies that the game REALLY needs to run

second (first green) is to allow a selection that you can set with the links below the buttons (forget it, if you don't speak German)

last button (second green) is to allow ALL cookies, tracker, tracer, third party cookies, anything

Now ... what I would do in your situation (and what I have done):

klick the "only notwendige Cookies" button. That will allow you to play the game. And let us hope, that RN team does not think that some trackers are "necessary".

Do not try the selection settings, if you are not familiar with German.

Maybe if we allow only necessary cookies we might not be able to watch the video ads in the station, because the ad providers think, that so much information about the user/watcher is ... necessary.

But we will see about that ... and hope for another update of the game that shows localized versions of their consent managment tool.

Till then, only click the darkdardbrown button and nothing else.

HTH

Drei Gruppen sagen immer die Wahrheit:

1. Kinder 2. Betrunkene 3. Jeder, der verdammt noch mal stinksauer ist.

• Ah, Samisu was quicker ... I typed too long.

Great job again, Samisu.

I hope you will not disagree to some of the details I wrote in my post.

• Thanks Samisu ... information would be helpful, how to set preferences to be sure to watch video ads.

Maybe vids will run with "only necessary" but I doubt that (will try later or tomorrow) because the vid search and play calls so many javascripts from external URLs.

So if the team would let us know which preferences to set for playing with and without vids, that would help.

Edit:

Hahaha, I am sooo curious and tried a video immediately. (which also means I can play with the "necessary" selection)

It does not run with the "only necessary" selection but a different consent management tool pops up and again asks to allow cookies, but in a different way.

So ... yes, you use TWO consent manager tools in the game.

And that means, information about what cookie preferences to set for the vids would be helpful.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Klabbauter ().

• Thanks Samisu ... information would be helpful, how to set preferences to be sure to watch video ads.

Maybe vids will run with "only necessary" but I doubt that (will try later or tomorrow) because the vid search and play calls so many javascripts from external URLs.

So if the team would let us know which preferences to set for playing with and without vids, that would help.

for the vids you need to concent to use third party cookies within your browser and not from the travian pages

• Well like Klabbauter suggested the dark button did the trick. :thumbsup:

The Game is running smooth again. 8)

Sorry for any trouble and thanks once again. :thumbup:

I´m not a very big fan of the "3rd Party Cookies" all together, in this site or any other, so We can only hope that allowing the "only necessary cookies" from RN, We won´t have any further issues with it.

Keep those trains running and Keep up the good work! :love:

• I´m not a very big fan of the "3rd Party Cookies" all together, in this site or any other, so We can only hope that allowing the "only necessary cookies" from RN, We won´t have any further issues with it.

It's worth mentioning, that the cookies in this new tool are not new, just the tool is, in order to be more transparent about which cookies you are (not) allowing.
    This is a company wide change of tools, so in case you play any other Travian games, you will see the same thing (or rather you won't, because you already accepted it here). The other games will implement this in the next few days (or some maybe already have by now).

• It's worth mentioning, that the cookies in this new tool are not new, just the tool is, in order to be more transparent about which cookies you are (not) allowing.
    This is a company wide change of tools, so in case you play any other Travian games, you will see the same thing (or rather you won't, because you already accepted it here). The other games will implement this in the next few days (or some maybe already have by now).

It would be nice if this change was communicated before applying. Again we are supprised with something nobody was aware of because of lack of communication.

I'm sorry to say but how can a company who designed a game where communication is one of most important tools so sloppy with it's own communictation?

• It would be nice if this change was communicated before applying. Again we are supprised with something nobody was aware of because of lack of communication.

I'm sorry to say but how can a company who designed a game where communication is one of most important tools so sloppy with it's own communictation?

Now come on..... Be realistic.... Of course Travian communicate everything, amongst their own people.

We are only players and paying customers so we don't really matter... What right do WE have to have information before we have to decide something.