Suggest your train!

• Dear players,

Over the years we produced quite a lot 3D models of engines and production series and most of them are based on suggestions by players. We collect these suggestions in an internal list and whenever we get the opportunity to produce a new production series or engine, we try to use one of those suggestions on our list.

However, we recently noticed that we are running out of suggestions we can use. We still have quite a few in our list, but many of them are almost identical to the ones we already have in the game.

We want to continue to mainly release production series that you want to see in the game, so we are asking the train experts among you to help us fill up the list of suggestions again!

We are looking for engines from all eras and ideally, they should be as unique as possible. The more they differ from the current models in the game and the more recognizable they are (even for non-experts), the better!

We also appreciate every piece of info you can provide about those trains: pictures, links, maybe even an explanation why this engine is special.

We are looking forward to your suggestions!

Your Rail Nation Team

• I know it's a little too much, and a bit out of topic, but why not redesign the classic version so that instead of having 6 eras comprised of 14 days, have 7 eras comprised of 12 days, with the 7th era being dedicated to maglev trains.

This would completely revitalize the game, for a while. And you have a lot of trains to work with from the maglev type :)

• Like every one has been asking for Mag-Levs for years. How could this go wrong? Here's an idea for trains, put them back the way they were before you turned them all into melted puddle of vanilla ice cream. Sprinter - fast but not many cars, Hauler - lots of cars not very fast, and All Arounder - somewhere in the middle.

• I know it's a little too much, and a bit out of topic, but why not redesign the classic version so that instead of having 6 eras comprised of 14 days, have 7 eras comprised of 12 days, with the 7th era being dedicated to maglev trains.

This would completely revitalize the game, for a while. And you have a lot of trains to work with from the maglev type :)

Other than the reduction from 14 to 12 days, this is exactly what I have brought up in the past and something that should be done moving forward. Times are changing. What was science fiction is now reality. Just look at Elon Musk and his Mag Tube system in Nevada. Heck, require a new building for your station and new routes since the mag tubes would not be the old rail. Make it interesting.

• Other than the reduction from 14 to 12 days, this is exactly what I have brought up in the past and something that should be done moving forward. Times are changing. What was science fiction is now reality. Just look at Elon Musk and his Mag Tube system in Nevada. Heck, require a new building for your station and new routes since the mag tubes would not be the old rail. Make it interesting.

They could at least start putting maglev trains for passengers since those already exist. Cargo maglev don't, only on paper, since the cost is absurdly high.

• As a fan of the Retic Railways (Rhätische Bahn RhB) in Switzerland I'd suggest some of their engines. The oldest one is already part of the game as Swallow. The engine Ge 4/6 was one of the first electric engines in Switzerland. More famous are the crocodiles Ge 6/6 I, they could possibly be added as options to Leviathan or other era-4 engines. Of the 'newer' engines Ge 4/4 I or Ge 6/6 II are also options, the newest two (Ge 4/4 II and Ge 4/4 III) are already indirectly included in the game since they are very similar to the engines of SBB Re 4/4 III and Re 4/4 IV (named Basilisk and Phoenix in RN).

Other interesting engines I know from Switzerland are:

Ae 8/14 SBB

Ae 4/7 SBB

Ae 6/6 SBB

Ae 8/8 BLS

• Having worked on British Railways as a Guard at Kings Cross in the 1970's, it would be good to see the Class 55 Deltic on RN. I know they look a bit like the Morpheus in ERA 3, but they are an Classic Icon with enthusiasts. You never forget the unique roar of the twin Napiers when they fire up! I should know, I've been in the engine room when my driver revved her up!....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/british_rail_class_55

Another interesting classic British PAX loco would be the 1960's Midland Blue Pullman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/blue_pullmans

On a more modern theme, seeing as we have the EMD Class 66 'shed' Poseidon on RN, how about the Class 70:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/british_rail_class_70_(diesel)

Sorry if these have already been suggested, I have only recently joined RN. Thanks.

PS: I have just retired from selling UK model trains for the last 10 years. I have many more interesting locos to suggest if you're interested.

Hello to all,

This is a brilliant idea! Especially 6x14=84 days, and 7x12=84 days. At double speed will be 7x6=42 days, and at 4 times higher speed will be 7x3=21 days. Era 7 to be Maglev trains era: for the transport of passengers and for the transport of goods!

And if the trains are Maglev, then the railroad tracks to be special, with magnetic induction. After research and purchase the first Maglev in the Era 7th, railroad tracks to be convert automatically in routes with magnetic induction!

In the fairy tales, games and dreams everything is possible. Only our imagination can impose limits. Then let's make possible these ideas!

Have fun and success!

Respectfully,

Lacidd23 :):saint:<3

• They could at least start putting maglev trains for passengers since those already exist. Cargo maglev don't, only on paper, since the cost is absurdly high.

and halfway era 7 we get the hyperloops

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• Fun fact: We did actually play around with concepts of futuristic scenarios. My personal idea was dystopian scenario called "Dark Future" (a not so witty play on our studios name "Bright Future").
    And my all time favorite concept art will always be this:

• I would like something more simple instead of a new train and fix the scale on passenger trains they are so big they really don't represent on the tracks very well.