Plea to include an "unsportsmanlike behavior" in the Game Rules

• Can we please come back to the original topic instead of discussing who is "best"?

Rail Nation is a game that supports multiple game goals and play styles, so there is no "correct" way to play. And even if there were, the individual skill of a player does not improve the quality of his arguments in a discussion, so there is no value in discussing about that either way.

Well said and exactly what I was originally trying to point out when people started complaining about other play styles.

• Can we please come back to the original topic instead of discussing who is "best"? ...

I kind of thought that was my point.

Ironically, I find ePeen wars to be the second most common unsportsmanlike behavior behind only "My city , bow to me".

I play on a server where the corps have specialized for literally Years. (one individual prestige corp, one Team prestige corp, one endgame city corp, one city flipping corp). We tend not to have "play my way" fights on it as a result. I have to come to the forum to enjoy the nostalgia.

Of course there was that one time when the endgame city corp told the individual prestige corp "Its my way or the highway". That didn't end well for the Endgame city corp.

• My view is on End Games. Don,t try to control them so much and allow small and middle sized groups to haul what they want. Big controlling associations take the fun out of End games. This on play and off play is rubbish. There are so many people from all over the world playing in different time zones. Golden hour is a load of rubbish as well. Its a myth put into play years ago by the hourly prestige pinchers. Its lack of supply that makes loading times high. So when you smart, no it all players, haul direct in golden hour you are in fact the ones making loading times higher.

• ... Golden hour is a load of rubbish as well. Its a myth put into play years ago by the hourly prestige pinchers. Its lack of supply that makes loading times high. So when you smart, no it all players, haul direct in golden hour you are in fact the ones making loading times higher.

Safe to say, you have little to risk from being one of those know it all players.

FYI... Happy Hour was leveraged by city levelers to close rgs in a hour, long before prestige farming was even a thing.

The biggest driver is Utilization not supply. Dancing was an innovation many years ago to level cities faster by minimizing utilization. The math on chained hauling is very rare that chained hauling benefits total tons delivered. The counter argument is always. "But if I don't chain haul, it will eventually be worth while" That's like saying... "I could win if I wanted to".

My senior project in college was to recreate the formula that "invented" anti-matter. I am used to knowing things people insult me about. But I manage to enjoy the game none-the-less. I am imagine we are on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to knowing things nobody else agrees with, but I suggest you try to shoulder that burden with as much grace as possible.

• You have to understand, not to admit because that's not relevant, that the game is now riddled with multi accounts. I've just finished a round on COM2 and the runner-up city had issues with facilities being ruined during the EG by 2-3 players. We, as a winning city, had one as well, a player who played 4 rounds that during its entire duration he broke and took majorities as he saw fit. I tried to reason with him and in some occasions he seemed to understand that in the end we share the same goal.

But during the EG he stopped following calls, stopped responding to private messages and almost every time he logged in he was changing his trains to other goods that we weren't hauling. Eventually we won because we overall had more seasoned and disciplined players than our competitors but this kind of behaviour slowed us down.

What I am trying to say is if the player base between these two cities would have been closer, most likely the victory would have been decided by just 2-3 players. And this is not right, two players influencing the work of 150 is not right, the game design either calls for balancing or, like I proposed, sanction this behavior so that players know in advance that by doing such actions they risk something.

And I don't know if you are familiar with my other post, regarding multi accounts. This round on COM2 I've wrote to support two times about the same accounts I, and a lot of the players in our region, thought they are one and the same. Long story short, the accounts kept on playing up until the end game where NONE signed in, absolutely no one, for the entire 48hrs the end game lasted, which is extremely unlikely. This completely surprised the chair as well who is a known and respectable player (i.e. Bill Dance).

Oftenly one problem leads to another and no one creates an alternate account just because he likes the game so much. He creates it to have an edge in the battle, either by boosting his city/association, or to sabotage the competition. And while these two problems are in most cases linked to one another, they can be tackled separatedly, as they seem to be now.

I for one will relentlessly report any player I suspect of being an alternate account, but the newly updated Game Rules do not include cases of "Fair Play" violations described here in this thread. You seem to have included in this category players that spam, insult and exploit game bugs. The only expression that can address such behaviors is "questionable actions", but I don't think it is meant to cover what I've described to be unsportsmanlike behavior.

It's a bit dissapointing. Regardless of what has been said in this thread by me or the others, the fact that ALL the games I've listed in my first post have a variation of unsportsmanlike behavior included in their game rules should act as the main reason to include such in the Rail Nation game rules as well. If you can think this objectively and don't get offended, some of the games listed there have departments bigger than the entire team behind Rail Nation, and some of them with experience in game design for more than 15 years. They surely must know how to do things.

I will stop posting in this thread, I believe I made my point and to further debate things with none other than the players that actually EMBARK on such unsportsmanlike behaviors is completely irrelevant and unnecesary. I am getting tired of keep suggesting things, arguably good things, only for them to hit a wall.