The Game Rules have been updated

• Dear players,

We updated our game rules and ask you to read the game rules HERE

Short summary of the changes:

• Some corrections concerning grammar and spelling.
    • Some redundant repetitions have been summarized in singular bullet points.
    • Some text changes to be clearer about bans being a possible penalty.
    • Included a clarification concerning harmful behaviour in general.
    • Added a "Fair Play" section that now summarizes behaviour rules that were previously part of several other sections.
    • Following your feedback, we removed a part of the rules that incorrectly implied that team play ("playing for the benefit of others") is not allowed. The rules concerning multi-accounting are clearer now.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the updated rules.

Your Rail Nation Team

2.1. The use of a different language, other than the relevant and pre-defined server language or English in IGMs (in-game messages), chat messages, world chat and player profiles, is not permitted. The server language is determined by the country flags on the server selection screen. Multiple languages may be permitted as server languages; they are always directly displayed for each game world in a clear manner.

I am Bulgarian. And I often communicate in Bulgarian in personal communications with other Bulgarians.

I do not understand why this should deserve punishment.

In addition, sometimes Bulgarians build Bulgarian teams and communicate in Bulgarian.

This must be allowed.

• I am Bulgarian. And I often communicate in Bulgarian in personal communications with other Bulgarians.

I do not understand why this should deserve punishment.

In addition, sometimes Bulgarians build Bulgarian teams and communicate in Bulgarian.

This must be allowed.

It is still fine to have discussions on your own language if it's between you and your friend(s). That is in no way against the rules if you all share the same language and understand each other.

This rule is here only to ensure players will not be using different languages on public messages, chats, forums than what the server language is. Everyone should feel included in those public discussion channels - with the pre-defined server language.

• It is still fine to have discussions on your own language if it's between you and your friend(s). That is in no way against the rules if you all share the same language and understand each other.

This rule is here only to ensure players will not be using different languages on public messages, chats, forums than what the server language is. Everyone should feel included in those public discussion channels - with the pre-defined server language.

What you say sounds good.

But I don't see the word "public" in the rules.

According to the rules, all messages in another language are prohibited.

Public and private.

• It is still fine to have discussions on your own language if it's between you and your friend(s). That is in no way against the rules if you all share the same language and understand each other.

No I don't agree with that, servers have pre defined languages. The language servers have their own language and english. COM servers are English. That should always be respected. It's very annoying when people start talking in other languages at your language server. It's disrespectfull.

If you want to speak in your own language do it in personal messages and not at public or asso forums. If you don't read or speak the allowed server language(s) don't start playing at those servers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• What you say sounds good.

But I don't see the word "public" in the rules.

According to the rules, all messages in another language are prohibited.

Public and private.

Yup, I forwarded your feedback that the wording can be misunderstood to cover all messages - private and public.

In practice, no one would report their friends if they send private messages with a shared language like Bulgarian. Nor would anyone report their own association if everyone there speaks Bulgarian out of mutual decision. That doesn't discriminate against anyone and we completely support it.

As Naike ♏ mentioned, when someone starts to use different languages others don't understand - it becomes disrespectful and unfair. That is something players can report to the game support so we can help stop it. Let's keep the game fair for everyone, and making sure everyone understands the public discussions is just that - fair.

• You know, a very simple compromise is to simply have another thread for whatever language is being spoken. As an English only speaker I personally don't mind the occasional use of a different language when going through city chat. It is an international server after all. However, every city has the ability to add new threads to their chat and you could easily have 10-20 different language threads going on.

• You know, a very simple compromise is to simply have another thread for whatever language is being spoken. As an English only speaker I personally don't mind the occasional use of a different language when going through city chat. It is an international server after all. However, every city has the ability to add new threads to their chat and you could easily have 10-20 different language threads going on.

All public discussions need to be understandable to all who see them (on the server language).

If people start publish racist, insulting or threatening content and do this with tens of different languages on all servers, it's not possible for us to keep up with it all, moderate it all and translate it. In the end, we are just as responsible for the content as the players are.

Players shouldn't either be pushed to translate comments of others if they joined a server where their preferred language is set as the server language. English speakers have the right to be included in all public discussions on com and us servers. And the same goes for other servers with their pre-defined languages.