Career Engine priorities

• I'm getting into the game again, played mostly before the Career Engine was introduced. Currently I have 7 waggons, 80 speed, 5 acc and 40% reliability. Where should I go next? I was thinking of going to 90 speed and 6 acc, and then to 11 waggons. I've noticed the engine is best in the early eras (of course ;)).

And more in general for people who google this in the future (I've done that, and didn't find any clear-cut answers);

What is the Career Engine best used for and what upgrades should you focus on first?

• railnationenginecompare.htm?en#8h

with this link you can compare the engines the carreer engine is added too.

In which order you upgrade is a personal choice.

I upgraded my carreer engine after a nice set of wagons and some ok speed first to 100% reliability. This train is indeed a very good one during the first two eras and without maintenance it is a very good one.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• Some of the players I've discussed with prefer the reliability, I for one don't. I prefer to haul more tons and worry about money later. Therefore my priority is:

1. Tractive force.

2. Era goods.

3. Speed.

4. Acceleration.

5. Reliability.

I won't go into saying what my career engine looks like because that's not important, but I will take this path:

I'd first upgrade my tractive force to 4 railcars, then upgrade to era 2, after that go to 75km/h while also improving my acceleration to 3.

After that I'd move to 6-7 railcars, upgrade to era 4, aim for 100km/h and have the acceleration to 5, while also raising my reliability to 50%.

Once I hit those, I'll go to 10 railcars, upgrade to era 5, bump my speed to 125km/h, acceleration to 7 and reliability to 60%.

At this point I'd go for 13 railcars, upgrade to era 6, try to reach 150km/h and leave the acceleration at 10 while reliability is good at 70%.

Pass this point I wouldn't worry too much about acceleration and reliability. Those are fine as they are. Invest in tractive force and speed, in that order, and you will have a strong train permanently.

• What I've gone for (take it as very optimised for maximum early-game deliveries, in SoE) :

1/12 acceleration to speed ratio (anything between 1/10 and 1/15 is nice). So if you aim to have 100 speed, I'd recommend 7 to 10 acceleration.

I'd recommend to go to 100 speed and 8-9 accel, then 11 wagons, then 120 speed and 12 accel, and then max out on the wagons.

If you don't play on Steam over Europe scenarios exclusively, consider taking the era 2 and 3 goods somewhat early.

If you are active to very active, forget about reliability. You need those 6000 points for useful upgrades, and you will have the 10 gold per day to pay for the mechanic in early era 1. After that, you don't care about 150k $$ compared to actually gaining 10k more early game due to more speed and accel.

My carrier engine now :

20/20

175 speed

16 accel

30% reliability

At my point, reliability makes sense (if I wanted to bother using the free reset...). Before 120 speed and 12 accel, 100% reliability is just too costly compared to other upgrades.

Tldr : it's highly dependent on your style and what you want to do. Mine is optimised for deliveries /titles / using game-bugs (such has no engine-wear if you change schedule often enough).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• Thanks people for your input, it’s given me some more food for thought. There’s of course no one way to do this, but it’s very useful to know exactly what you want to do with the career engine and plan accordingly. I’m not so sure how quickly I will gain points and thus being able to upgrade it, but what I will do is keep the speed/acc a bit more in mind and go for era 2 goods with 11 waggons.
    Again thanks you for the responses, it’s really useful and I hope people in the future will also find it useful!:)

• Ah the CE topic! Everyone creates theirs differently. My focus was on making the train as efficient as possible for era 1 and that included reliability which it seems most here don't like. My thoughts on that are that I am too cheap to spend gold on a mechanic and in era 1 upkeep on the CE is too costly. I would max out era 1 cars as quickly as possible, keep your acceleration at a higher level than your speed because in era 1 your RG are close to your home city and you don't have time to build up your speed.

• I agree with sacroima, and want to add one thing:

The priorities depends from your plans about career farming, because reliability 50-95% is bad, but 100% reliability is very nice thing - no repair needed (no money waisted) and speed of the engine always on its maximum.

So if you want to farm a lot of career points you can consider 100% reliability as a good option, if you can't farm a lot of points then just forget about it completely. And 6 era goods is almost useless in my opinion.

My carrier engine stats are:

20/20

160 speed

20 accel

100% reliability

5 era goods

But I wanted to build it for maximum profit at era 1 & 2, because it has most impact on your economic at them.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• I have done waggons to era 1 limit then a little bit of acceleration , then reliability

the money in era 1 is hard to get, and the repair on CE is expensive.

Since then I maxed out waggons and acc.
    now my CE looks like

20/20 railcars *maxed out*

170 speed

20/20 accel *maxed out*

100% reliability *maxed out*

era 6 goods *maxed out*

• Career Engine is most useful in ERA1 and ERA2. For later ERAs, its mostly useful for prestige hunting in other cities and not for money making.

My priorities will be as below. (This is more of learning from my mistakes on build order).

1. Moving tr active force to 7 wagons (while increase speed, acceleration, reliability at a lower pace).

2. After 7 wagons, focus on building up speed to 100, while improve acceleration simultaneously.

3. Once speed is at 100, add another 4 wagons. 11 wagons is the ERA2 limit. Open up ERA 2 goods.

4. Go on Speed, accelaration, reliability based on the point availability.

5. 120 to 130 KMPH, 10 Accelaration and 60 reliability will be a good starting point to open up ERA 3 goods and ERA 3 wagons (upto 15 wagons).

• Career Engine is most useful in ERA1 and ERA2. For later ERAs, its mostly useful for prestige hunting in other cities and not for money making.

That's definitely something I've noticed as well. Unless you really have a lot of points (literally only the top 10 or so in the entire game) the engine really becomes less consequential as time goes on.

• That's definitely something I've noticed as well. Unless you really have a lot of points (literally only the top 10 or so in the entire game) the engine really becomes less consequential as time goes on.

Well, thats a bit stating the obvious. The career engine is obviously more impactfull in era 1 when you've only 7 other engines than in era 6 when you've 25 other engines.

• Well, thats a bit stating the obvious. The career engine is obviously more impactfull in era 1 when you've only 7 other engines than in era 6 when you've 25 other engines.

He is not referring to the number of engines, he is referring to the ratio of goods hauled per engine. In era 1 a fully maxed out to era 1 CE train is light years ahead of respective era 1 engines where as it may be less efficient than an era 5 or 6 engine.

• He is not referring to the number of engines, he is referring to the ratio of goods hauled per engine. In era 1 a fully maxed out to era 1 CE train is light years ahead of respective era 1 engines where as it may be less efficient than an era 5 or 6 engine.

A good developed career engine is also a very good addition in era 5 and 6.

The screenshot shows possible income, this is end era 4

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• My CE is definitely relevant in era 6 / endgame.

Yes, for newer players the CE is best in early game, but for people level 25 and higher, the CE starts to become relevant for all parts of the game (one of the most often forgotten is the endgame, my CE allowed me to get 1st delivery spot in EG so many times, since it was the only differing factor between me and my mates).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• He is not referring to the number of engines, he is referring to the ratio of goods hauled per engine.

Is he? Anyway, I stand by my point. Even my career engine

which is already better per slot than a olymp is only one of many engines in era 6 and therefore less impactfull in era6 than in era 1.

My CE is definitely relevant in era 6 / endgame.

But less impactfull doesn't mean I think it is irrelevant. ;-)

• Is he? Anyway, I stand by my point. Even my career engine

which is already better per slot than a olymp is only one of many engines in era 6 and therefore less impactfull in era6 than in era 1.

But less impactfull doesn't mean I think it is irrelevant. ;-)

Yes, your engine is impressive. However, in relationship to the other engines by era your CE engine has a beater rating against era 1 engines than it does against era 6 engines.