Platform X – Share your ideas!

• Dear players,

We revealed our newest addition to Rail Nation for those of you who want to face new challenges:

Platform X.

With Platform X we want to provide a completely different gameplay experience by making relatively small changes to individual features or altering the balancing in a way that requires adaptation and significantly changes the strategies you have to use in order to be successful.

What do you think? Which changes could be made in future episodes of Platform X?

We want to hear your ideas! What would you change? How would it affect the game and why would it be a totally new experience?

Here are a few guidelines that might help you come up with ideas that fit to Platform X:

• What could be changed about balancing to completely switch the game around?
    • Which gameplay rules could be changed to make a big change?
    • What simple feature would change everything?
    • Are there common strategies or unwritten rules that would significantly change with one simple tweak to the game?

We are looking forward to hearing your thought and, who knows, maybe one of them will be the inspirational spark for a future version of Platform X?

Your Rail Nation Team

• Hi,

Liked this new mode which is looking to reward handworkers and reduce benefits for those hunts daily PP in dead cities.

But consider the fact that those hunting PP are also the ones who are active/online and spent time and money for the game. They are the hardest workers looking to win the game. So they need to be rewarded for their efforts as well.

Few thoughts below.

1. More rewards for competitions. While the new rules does not benefit connecting to dead cities for prestige hunting, easy competitions can still be a reason to connect to small cities.

2. Balance competition rewards based on city levels. higher the level of the city, higher the rewards for competition.

3. Reduce the cost of city connections, allow more tracks in early levels of track production and reduce cost of tracks. Otherwise, the game will consolidate only on portions of the map and there will be huge undeveloped areas of the map

4. Team rewards - Corporations gets extra prestige on city/factory level up based on the team members combined contributions. Encourages Co-ordinated game play

3. EG tonnage and consumption - Considering active city connections based on last 72 online activity and last 24 hours delivery can be base for 1st set. But 2nd, 3rd and 4th set should also be based on each of the connected players contribution to earlier set in the same EG city.

• No more majorities, in industries, which are decisive for waiting times. Majorities in the industries should get more prestige points to the players of the association that holds it but the waiting times should not depend on it or on any friendships or enmities between associations. Loading times should only depend on the amount of investments made individually by the player.
    • Inhibit transfer of players between cities (and permit to choose every town at the game start, even if overcrowded). Each player must play to bring to the final the city he chooses at the beginning of the game, he can also transport to other cities but in his own he receives double prestige points for the same transport. The map should be divided into 5 regions and the best city of each region and 5 other cities best positioned in the general ranking of cities should go to the final. Alternatively divide the map into 10 regions and have the best city in each region go to the final. Possibility to move to the finalist city of your region at the start of the final and to accept or expel any player from the associations even during the final.
    • Ability to create (by drawing them with the mouse / finger on the map) links between industries in addition to the predefined ones on the map (even tunnels or bridges), more direct but with double cost to connect two industries and quadruple to connect an industry to the city.
    • Increase tenfold your earnings by watching sponsored videos.
    • Possibility of having associations with any number of players, without limit.
    • Possibility, for each train, to buy a higher number of wagons without limit (but growing price of research points).
  • One sticking point that makes these "Event" or "Test" servers difficult, and less attractive to actually play seriously, is the Association Headquarters.

Struggling to Level up just the HQ for 2-3 weeks, trying to bring our teams under 1 roof is a major pain, especially when it's is already known said server will only run a set number of rounds to start out (or at all).

For Platform X as an example, we have a full team gathered to join and run together .. we may well have a need for 2 teams when everything shakes out.

The HQ could be reworked considerably a couple different ways, at least for 1st round, Event, test, or specialty servers ..

All teams start out with 25 slots, with benefits unlocked by team population (you lose people, you lose benefits)

Or simply slash the cost per level at minimum by 75%.

• Only players that have the city as their home city should count for EG. That prevents the sabotage other EG cities by building tracks to a city by competing cities before EG.

I like being able to change the home city. Often the starting home city just doesn't cooperate to level which is frustrating.

• I don't think unlimited corporation slots would be good. It would give a huge advantage to corporations that could recruit the most people. It can be difficult for a lot of corporations to expand their limit. I'd like to see lower amounts for increasing the member limit.

• I don't think unlimited corporation slots would be good. It would give a huge advantage to corporations that could recruit the most people. It can be difficult for a lot of corporations to expand their limit. I'd like to see lower amounts for increasing the member limit.

yup, i agree there .. 25 is a good number .. more than that, sister teams, lol

• I think we should go back to the active players for EG.

1. The best possible solution that could not be "gamed"
      is to just count those players who call the Mega City as their home city
      that have been active in whatever period of time you choose.

Anyone who does not have that city as their home city, are not really there to
      help, nor would they get credit for the win on that city.

This would make the EG player count a constant, as nobody can switch cities once EG has started, so only consumption would be variable during EG.
    2. To reduce PP-1tons, I would consider reducing the PP for non-residents
      That would make it less desirable (or no PP at all)

• I think we should go back to the active players for EG.

This is what many players have been agitating to have for a very long time. To my mind it is the only fair option.

You can have only one Home City and every player knows they have to decide which one before the end game begins. It is a fair assumption if not an absolute given that players in the end game haul for their home city and therefore cannot be actual consumers in another city but, in RN current classic rules a player can be an equal consumer in dozens of cities even though he/she will not go near them.

In Platform X as I understand it, if I am prepared to set a single engine (the little kite for example) on a "tourist" route I can be counted as a consumer - on equal footing with the residents - in every city on my route. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I am correct then this is a loophole for a variation of the consumer abuse which we see in every end game on the "normal" servers.

The only way, imo, to have a fair and balanced end game is to acknowledge the reality that consumers in a city are those who actually "live" there and not every Tom, Dick or Harry who happened to pass through on a single day or even is a regular tourist.

• Bruno_BF   Salix  
    Consumption ..

The stated goal of Platform X is to encourage the highest possible city levels.

Consumption percentages therefore need to be completely reworked.

You want max city growth .. but nail the server with 30% or higher consumption to choke growth down?

i'll tell you now, that is a HUGE DRAIN on player moral and participation.

• Agreed.

The effort to level is sucking the life out of the server. One person breaking a majority and leaving it that way for only a couple of hours and deliveries go backwards. For many, many hours, it is all we can do to keep the deliveries level. Income declines dramatically and this encourages more less experienced players to break the majorities.

Many players are not having fun. :( Frustration is rising amongst the experienced players.

• When 40 players hauling 4 RGs in a level 5 city cannot even get a positive trend on all 4 goods there is something seriously wrong.... But then nothing of this type of thing surprises me where Travian are concerned.

You are seriously affecting the will of many players to even carry on playing this round on these Platform X servers, never mind return for a second round of this idiotic Battering

• The Dev Teams lack the effort to test things out! The Consumption model on Platform X is very "out of whack!

It's almost like they want long time players to quit playing the game. What is the point of that! You want to encourage players to play NOT THE OPPOSITE!

• You wanted people to play this version in order to get feedback..

Well....... Playing a game is meant to be fun.... All you have succeeded in doing so far is to make Platform X even more impossible and frustrating than the normal servers... None are fun to play these days

At the moment, Platform X is just a total waste of time, because of the idiotic way that consumption has been set up....

As CajunPassSlim says... You are going the right way to make long standing players just stop playing any form of RN completely

• We are keeping an eye on these things, so please keep the feedback coming!

About city consumption: The whole idea of Platform X is to be different to what you are used to, which requires to adapt your strategies. So it's possible that Cities can be harder to level than what you are used to from your home game world. So adapt. Maybe delivering to industries is what you need to do?
    And while this is difficult at the very beginning, over the course of the round it's probably wise to connect a lot of cities, so you can level cities that are easy to level right now.
    Or maybe I am wrong and I will waste my money on tracks for that. We'll see which strategy works bet. After all, that's what it is all about.

• Der Plattform X ist nichts für Gelegenheitsspieler die nur 3 mal am Tag ins Spiel schauen , ok es war ein Fehler im Spiel so das zu viele Spieler in einer Stadt anfangen konnten , es mag sein das es daran liegt , aber wenn man nach 5 Tagen knapp 2000 Punkte hat mit 9 Loks dann macht es mal keinen Spaß , man muss bei der Spielwelt sehr oft online sein um reagieren zu können , ansonsten gibt es pro Aufstieg maximal 1 bis 2 Punkte weil man ganz unten in der Lieferliste ist , werde dann auf Personen umstellen und den Bahnhof soweit ausbauen das ich die 20 000 Punkte zusammen bekomme

Für mich als Morgens - Mittags - Abends Spieler ist das nichts , ich werde natürlich die Runde zu Ende machen aber das war es dann auch

Ende mit Feedback

• Der Plattform X ist nichts für Gelegenheitsspieler die nur 3 mal am Tag ins Spiel schauen , ok es war ein Fehler im Spiel so das zu viele Spieler in einer Stadt anfangen konnten , es mag sein das es daran liegt , aber wenn man nach 5 Tagen knapp 2000 Punkte hat mit 9 Loks dann macht es mal keinen Spaß , man muss bei der Spielwelt sehr oft online sein um reagieren zu können , ansonsten gibt es pro Aufstieg maximal 1 bis 2 Punkte weil man ganz unten in der Lieferliste ist , werde dann auf Personen umstellen und den Bahnhof soweit ausbauen das ich die 20 000 Punkte zusammen bekomme

Für mich als Morgens - Mittags - Abends Spieler ist das nichts , ich werde natürlich die Runde zu Ende machen aber das war es dann auch

Ende mit Feedback

The platform X is nothing for casual players who only 3 times a day in the game look, ok it was a mistake in the game so that too many players in a city could start, it may be that it is because of it, but if you have after 5 days just 2000 points with 9 locomotives then it is no fun, you must be in the game world very often online to respond to be able to, otherwise there is a maximum of 1 to 2 points per promotion because you are at the bottom of the delivery list, then switch to people and the station so far expand that I get the 20 000 points together

For me as a morning - noon - evening player this is nothing, I will of course finish the round but that was it

End with feedback

Automatic Translated by DeepL

• And while this is difficult at the very beginning, over the course of the round it's probably wise to connect a lot of cities, so you can level cities that are easy to level right now.

Do you think this is a solution for players (like me) who only enter the game a few times a day?

Do you think that players who play for their own hometown now find it harder to gain prestige?

• We expected different - Yes. Impossible - No. And at this level it is near impossible even with full co-operation of the associations in the city.

Just where are we supposed to find the money to expand the rail network when we are earning almost nothing for RG deliveries and having to find huge sums of money for HQ expansion.

Surely it would have been more reasonable to start the consumption at a less punishing level and increase it later if it proved too easy.

The idea behind this server is what so very many wanted and it is pretty reasonable, needs some tweaks of course, but by making the consumption such that there is no room for anyone to haul off RGs you are strangling the baby at birth.

And, of course we are delivering supplies, no sensible city builder delivers RG without delivering supplies!