Platform X - All your questions!

• City prestige for level-ups

• City prestige is no longer awarded daily, but only when the city reaches a new level.
    • The prestige is distributed for all goods, no matter if the good is replaced or not.

Does that mean, e.g. when the city levels from level 10 to 11, that you get PP for all 12 goods which were delivered so far?

No, only the 4 required goods.

• The prestige is distributed for all goods, no matter if the good is replaced or not.

Salix

1) What does this mean?

2) Were the player considered active if the goods he transported in the city were not among the 12 goods delivered to the city?

• When a city levels players will get prestige for all 4 requiered good, not only the one good which is replaced with a new one.

Thanks. I understand it now.

What is written there can be misunderstood.

It is not clear from what is written that the text refers only to RG.

• Interesting new mode! I like to see some changes :-)

Yet, I sense a problem in your new endgame mechanics. I think, it is highly likely that the endgame will be... well... dull. Why do I think so?

1. Highest leveling city dictates tonnage of all cities in the endgame

which leads to

2. Every town trying to be first (which would be an interesting race *yay*)

but

3. A few days before the endgame, the general game situation will become less dynamic and might even get stuck. If the city on rank 1 is at level cap, no other city can reach rank 1 ever again. Gives me a bad feeling if I were a player in the city on rank 2.

which might lead to

4. Every player migrating to the city on rank 1

so

5. There'd be no competition in the endgame ^^

Or it could turn out the completely other way: All cities try to stay on a low level so the needed tonnage for the endgame will stay low, too.

Hmmmm.

• I think with the endgame mechanics yes the #1 city might be very overcrowded. Starting of the game I think will be more based at the edges as centered. I least I would prefer to start more in a town at an edge of the map.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• @AdriRock

pax driving and farming low level cities (which isn't worth it) are 2 different things. the main advantage of pax drivers is getting pp for the city-pax and a lot of money, way more than RG drivers (even with newbie bonus) can get on optimal routes.

"So it will be a battle between investment + competition prestige against prestige from investments, city lvlup and deliveries to the factories, so it can be interesting."

the thing is that city levelups are 8 for an era. if the server runs on 2x, this might work out for 2x but on 1x, you'll only get "up to" 8 times pp instead of 14. if a city stays on eras max level for a few days, helping on the next levelup after the era change will potentially be totally worthless because a bunch of people afk-drove so many goods over a few days that u won't get pp for the levelup anyway.

wouldn't be the first time devs implemented something from an event world onto actual servers, so i'm pointing it out.

• Regarding

1. The tonnage depends on the active players, who are connected. The highest city is just a basis for the calculation. This is how I understand it. Lets say the 2nd city has only half of the connected players as the 1st city, then it has the half tonnage too.

2. Yes this is what I wanted for years already. Will be fun.

3. See point 1, and also why should they stop levelling, when they get additional PP for every new citylevel.

4. We will see :-)

5. We will see :-)

• The main thing that actually worries me about those changes, is the new way to account for "active players". I will need to see how it works in practice, but it sounds very easily abusable from what I read in the blog. And toxic (delivering the opponent's megapolis instead of yours, prior to EG, to raise their count of active players and lower yours).

So maybe my 2 questions actually :D :

1/ how exactly do you account for active players? delivering any good to the city? delivering a required good to the city? Delivering more than X tons of required goods per day? When is it reset? daily? hourly? per era?

2/ how are city deliveries reset? never? daily? after each level up?

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

The post was edited 1 time, last by sacroima ().

• pax driving and farming low level cities (which isn't worth it) are 2 different things. the main advantage of pax drivers is getting pp for the city-pax and a lot of money, way more than RG drivers (even with newbie bonus) can get on optimal routes.

I did mine 1kk prestige as pax driver on classic x2 server, so I understand how it works:). I wasn't talking about full time goods delivering into villages. I meant that every day u deliver at least 1 tonn of each good in each city. That provides rather good amount of pp during the round (not so big as investments, of course, but anyway it's bigger than almost 0 from raw good delivering into factories).

if the server runs on 2x

It is.

And I think they'll rebalance pp for cities.

So a good team that can levelup 4+ cities every day can boost their top player very well.

So I think that this scenario should lower the defference in pp between pax and goods drivers.

Карьерник большой - это хорошо! :- )
    Лучшее место в карьерном рейтинге: 27
    Лучшее место в рейтинге престижа: 80
    Рекорд по прессу за раунд: 1 034 797 (чешский экспресс 21.12.2018)

• I have a quick answer here: Active player: Online within the last 72 hours and has delivered goods in the last 24 hours. During endgame these same numbers are 24 hours, and 60 minutes. Can be any good no matter the amount.

• @AdriRock

"I meant that every day u deliver at least 1 tonn of each good in each city. That provides rather good amount of pp during the round"

i probably play on servers with many pp farmers then, i can't confirm the option of even a dozen cities being that "juicy" for delivering pp. maybe this applies for rather dead servers, because for active servers, the best pp you get are from high levelled cities.

also, i already red above my posting that the server will run on 2x, i was pointing out that just because it might work out for a 2x server, it's affecting a 1x server different in case the "changes" are planned to be implemented on all servers because they "worked on the 2x event server".

"all players who have supplied required goods to an industry will receive prestige as soon as the industry levels up"

only those or additionally (to current investment-pp)?

unless i missed the answer to that, this is the only remaining question of my inital ones.

• Yep, it's based on the Classic scenario. Of course with altered features that will have quite the impact, but the basic feature set and the map are the same.

I hope if this is a success that we will see it on other scenarios also, US and SoE

As always announcement comes rather late, just a few weeks before it start. Means I have already planned my next round, but will give it a try to "learn" the new mechanics, and as I said hope we will see it on the other scenarios in the future also (without kicking out the existing ones of course.)

• @AdriRock

"I meant that every day u deliver at least 1 tonn of each good in each city. That provides rather good amount of pp during the round"

i probably play on servers with many pp farmers then, i can't confirm the option of even a dozen cities being that "juicy" for delivering pp. maybe this applies for rather dead servers, because for active servers, the best pp you get are from high levelled cities.

Yeah PP farming is rather different between half dead servers (the majority are in this category tho) and very active ones (masters, mb some de and ru ones?) from what I've seen.

I highly doubt a PP farmer will ever farm in the top cities tho. Since he doesn't have majority, he won't gain nearly as much as the 20 guys that have the majority. But since I've only farmed PP on rather dead servers, I don't really know how it works in active ones.

I have a quick answer here: Active player: Online within the last 72 hours and has delivered goods in the last 24 hours. During endgame these same numbers are 24 hours, and 60 minutes. Can be any good no matter the amount.

ok thanks. I hope everybody is ready for EG where the active player count will be exactly the same as before this change of rules then. But I like the 60min rule, it can make for interesting night-time strategies ;) (probably not on this server, but if you ever ship the setting on "regular" servers, with an average count of active players).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• I would like to see this in active servers than just an event scenario. Any plans on a possibility of releasing these rules on those servers? They have become boring!

Thank you for a good question.

This is the first episode of Platform X, with multiple small changes that can lead to a big impact. We will play two rounds of this first episode, and go through all the feedback and experiences from the players. If something works extremely well and has a big support from the player community, who knows where it could lead in the future...

We will always collect feedback from you no matter the server, and we will keep improving the game experience.

Welcome to join the Platform X and get a fresh take on Rail Nation Classic scenario. Then share your experiences and wishes with us together with all the other players.

Here is a thread for ideas and suggestions for future Platform X servers: Platform X – Share your ideas!

• I highly doubt a PP farmer will ever farm in the top cities tho. Since he doesn't have majority, he won't gain nearly as much as the 20 guys that have the majority.

there are 2 main variables who define the PP output of a city, those are the key & majority plays a minor role there. without going into detail, check the top-100 ranking in terms of "highest amount of pp in a game round" if you want a proof that it works.

also, i got another question in regards of PX:

as you said above, even if a player drives 1t during era 6, he automatically counts as an active player for that day.

is it planned to adjust the value for "counts as an active player" to more than just 1t for the later eras (2-6) in the second game rounds?

(i was thinking of sth like 1+(era-1)*x for example)