Platform X - All your questions!

• without going into detail, check the top-100 ranking in terms of "highest amount of pp in a game round" if you want a proof that it works.

that ranking actually is biased by USA scenarios, isn't it ? I frankly have no clue how USA scenario works (have only played one round there, and without any real coordination), just that it's completely different than classic and SoE (the one I am very familiar with in terms of PP hunting), and heavily biased in favor of city deliveries, compared to the other 2.

I have never seen anywhere near 1.5M prestige on classic / SoE, except for very special conditions (winter event abuse is the best example).

Claiming you can reproduce USA scenario conditions on a classic seems dubious, and applying the same strategies will simply not work (you don't get the 1000% multipliers).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• I have never seen anywhere near 1.5M prestige on classic / SoE, except for very special conditions (winter event abuse is the best example).

There are people who gained more the 1.5 mil prestige at classic servers

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• @sacroima

on usa scenario, you can not buy pp for real money easily, like some people do (on classic and soe) massively to just buy their win with real money, instead of using game knowledge to achieve their goal.

still, this doesn't change the fact that the type of getting pp from cities which was used can be reproduced exactly. (also, on classic, since the "buff", cities give ~double daylie pp than their equivalent on a usa scenario in terms of level/players, so you now actually need ~100% multiplication/day to be equal to classic)

"(you don't get the 1000% multipliers)" i recommend you to try the scenario with the nerfed "multipliers" and check in the end how much you actually got from that. feel free to imaginary double your multiplier bonus in the end and then tell me about those impossible "1000% multipliers" again.

edit: @sacroima i just joined de107 broadway (e6d3)for reference and the top player at 447k pp recieved exactly 31k of it from region-boni and 9k from workers (which is influenced aswell). so even if i subtract those 2 boni from his actual pp, 91% of his pp were made "regulary", still. since the whole faction color gets the exact same "multiplier" bonus, this percentage can be (roughly) applied for everyone else of the faction.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Amaiyah ().

• For all megacities, the quantity of goods to be supplied in the endgame is now based on the megacity with the highest city level

This bit makes me hesitate.

I do not like the idea of 1 city having that much influence over 9.

this means 1 spiteful team could ram a city to level 50+, and sit back laughing while watching everyone struggle with ridiculous tonnage numbers.

• There are people who gained more the 1.5 mil prestige at classic servers

Yeah and I've made 1.2M on SoE, doesn't mean it was legit (that was during the first winter event, so 1000 free lotto tickets). I know it's "possible", since you can arguably make infinite amounts of PP, as long as you pay enough. But let's compare what is comparable.

@sacroima

on usa scenario, you can not buy pp for real money easily, like some people do (on classic and soe) massively to just buy their win with real money, instead of using game knowledge to achieve their goal.

still, this doesn't change the fact that the type of getting pp from cities which was used can be reproduced exactly. (also, on classic, since the "buff", cities give ~double daylie pp than their equivalent on a usa scenario in terms of level/players, so you now actually need ~100% multiplication/day to be equal to classic)

"(you don't get the 1000% multipliers)" i recommend you to try the scenario with the nerfed "multipliers" and check in the end how much you actually got from that. feel free to imaginary double your multiplier bonus in the end and then tell me about those impossible "1000% multipliers" again.

edit: @sacroima i just joined de107 broadway (e6d3)for reference and the top player at 447k pp recieved exactly 31k of it from region-boni and 9k from workers (which is influenced aswell). so even if i subtract those 2 boni from his actual pp, 91% of his pp were made "regulary", still. since the whole faction color gets the exact same "multiplier" bonus, this percentage can be (roughly) applied for everyone else of the faction.

era6, day 3 at 447k, I'm pretty sure that guy won't go above 800k-1mil. Which is exactly the point I make. 1mil "regularly" is quite achievable. 2mil isn't.

To get to 2 mil, you need to coordinate and use the multipliers. That's a fact. Because the other ways to gain PP (competitions, investments, ...) are fixed to some extent, and similar across servers.

If you still have it, you can screen me your prestige detail for the time you hit 3mil, but I'm pretty sure you didn't make 1mil in competitions, and 1m in investments, did you? I'd bet on 2mil in deliveries.

Now I can tell you that on SoE at least, competitions, investments and EG deliveries make a much larger part, %-wise, than city deliveries, in the total amount of PP you can make (without paying).

Fr-201 Bad Wolf de coeur

en pause indéterminée - away from the game until next interesting server

Likely coming back for clash!

• After the recent changes in the PP balance, it is no longer too difficult to have 1M PP in Europe.

And the prestige is mostly earned from deliveries to the city.

• "era6, day 3 at 447k, I'm pretty sure that guy won't go above 800k-1mil. Which is exactly the point I make. 1mil "regularly" is quite achievable. 2mil isn't"

@sacroima: the guy on career pp 4 (hubert or sth like that) made his 2,8m pp on the 4x fast forward servers. obviously, we don't know how much real money he spent on that server buying pp with the 'improved' pp calculation. aside from that: you probably won't be able to achieve 2m pp on an inactive server, because the pp from cities is determined by level and by connected players. so on dead servers, the actual pp will be significantly lower, which is why you don't farm dead cities to begin with.

aside from that, the "multipliers" are (if the condition is met) applied on a daylie basis, so in terms of that server he probably won't make even 800k, unless he completely dominates the EG. this means, even though his pp would be (without multipliers and workers) 91% of his current, the % which he gets from multipliers and workers in terms of his final total will be significantly less because EG pp aren't affected by "multipliers"

@Hear Me Roar deliveries to city and real money spent on halve wait times...u know which server i'm talking about.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Amaiyah ().

• After the recent changes in the PP balance, it is no longer too difficult to have 1M PP in Europe.

And the prestige is mostly earned from deliveries to the city.

Absolutely :) 1M is now a golden standard for top spot, even on semi-dead servers ;)

Buying prestige will still work, just priorities will shift ;)

We have to wait and see what is going to be the ratio between industry and city prestige to speak about real tactics, but it looks like new type of GHs will emerge :)

Overall, adding industry leveling prestige is a very positive change. Removal of daily prestige and equalizing EG city WH size is reducing the complexity, which I personally dislike ;)

A quick question - how is going the new "active player" recalculation be applied during EG? On each set or on industry recalc? I read is as second, but this can become caller's nightmare :) Also, will the same rules apply to consumption?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gambei ().

• A quick question - how is going the new "active player" recalculation be applied during EG? On each set or on industry recalc? I read is as second, but this can become caller's nightmare Also, will the same rules apply to consumption?

On each set

• A quick question - how is going the new "active player" recalculation be applied during EG? On each set or on industry recalc? I read is as second, but this can become caller's nightmare Also, will the same rules apply to consumption?

During EG as i understand it: A city will start with the population numbers just prior to becoming a Mega City.

After that, population will be recalculated every 60 minutes..
    Will that sync with the Recalculation timer? no idea, but seeing as they already regularly fail to keep that synced with Consumption, i doubt it.
    the newly calculated Population is supposed to apply to consumption right away ... will it? no way to really tell with all the secrecy regarding consumption.

• The information I have is from a reliable source but is only preliminary information.

I did not participate in the server tests.

The tonnage is determined at the beginning of each set (as it is now)

1 Set - the number of active players is determined by the rules for a normal city (Online within the last 72 hours and has delivered goods in the last 24 hours)

2-4 Set - the number of active players is determined by the rules of the metropolis (Online within the last 24 hours and has delivered goods in the last 60 minutes)

* Active players change dynamically. Tonnage - no (determined at the beginning of each set).

The tonnage formula is the same as now.

• @Hear Me Roar

idk where you have your information from, but the information i linked in my last posting already stated that during endgame, so basically era 7, the set of rules changes.

how do you get the idea of that the 1st set is pretending to not be in endgame while set 2-4 are? apart from the fact that it makes, at least to me, 0 sense to consider the first batch different to the 2nd to 4th one.

@Samisu do you have anything to solve this question?

• how do you get the idea of that the 1st set is pretending to not be in endgame while set 2-4 are? apart from the fact that it makes, at least to me, 0 sense to consider the first batch different to the 2nd to 4th one.

The players leave the city a few hours before the start of the endgame.

Therefore, it is unreasonable for the first set to count the "active players" who had a delivery in the last hour.

Due to this reason, the number of active players according to the standard formula is used for the tonnage in the first set.

• Therefore, it is unreasonable for the first set to count the "active players" who had a delivery in the last hour.

which adds them up right when they deliver 1t of any good to leech pp while the city consumption is almost null anyway. so for the city consumption it's totally unnessesary to differentiate here.

as for the tonnage for goods, then you just level your EG city as high as nessesary and request all people to not drive any t to the city for 24h to the city in order having a super small 1st batch in terms of active players.

also, if the tonnage for batches 2-4 is defined by the 1 hour rule based on the hour before the batch was finished, i can already imagine several ways to "game the system" to get the tonnage down as long as the drivers of the city aren't egoistic.

so i see no serious reason why the 1st batch should be treated differently than the 2nd to 4th.

• There is no way to complete a set without transporting enough goods in one city. Therefore, to count the active players who brought goods in the last hour is indicative during the endgame.

But to count the players who transported in the last hour before the start of the endgame - this is not indicative at all.

Therefore, it is more accurate to count the players who transported goods all day before the endgame.

The system is not perfect. But it is much better than what we have now. This is a step towards a good balance.

Now is the time to invent systems to defeat the system 8o You have good ideas. And my thoughts go in that direction too...

• the advantage of the current one is that it's calculatable, if you're defining the tonnage of a 12-good set by the amount of people driving any good in the past hour - can surely be manipulated somehow to the point where you can just create easy sets, as long as the drivers have discipline (&back to the point where you can finish goods before the city consumption hits)

• How is the active player counted? Is there a limit for delivery to the city? For example, 1,000 tons per day and then you register as active? Or - is 5 tons enough? Then it loses its meaning, each player brings 5 tons to make the game more difficult. And if it brings goods that are not needed for the development of the city?

Is it counted as active even if it imports passengers? And if it brings passengers that are not needed (delivery is ready- green) ?

If there is a similar question, then I did not find it.

• the advantage of the current one is that it's calculatable, if you're defining the tonnage of a 12-good set by the amount of people driving any good in the past hour - can surely be manipulated somehow to the point where you can just create easy sets, as long as the drivers have discipline (&back to the point where you can finish goods before the city consumption hits)

you can also turn it around, if the active players are counted who delivered during the last hour for the calculations of the new set. You can jump with a lot of players from other cities during the last good to a megacity to rise the active players.

When you count e.g. delivered 10% of the needed tons within the last hour.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?