Platform X - All your questions!

• Consumption has so far ensured the operational balancing of individual hours according to activity. I think it isn´t good to leave that.

Cities with few members have lower consumption, cities with more members have higher consumption. Now it was beautiful to see it on Fast Forward.

• So just add 1 ton and I'm active! So then I do not understand the significance of the measure. Nothing has changed.

Not quite nothing. It's certainly not the biggest change in Platform X, but it does have some impact. Most importantly it changes that fact that cities are being connected by players because these cities are "on the way" and this puts them at a disadvantage. This mostly applies to cities towards the center of the map.
    That is changed now.
    We built in the option to increase the tonnage that is required for being counted as "active" if it turns out that the change as it is does absolutely nothing though.

• I think that RN needs to be very careful of how they move forward with this. I suspect about half the people who play here would prefer the prestige to be counted only when a city or factory levels up and half the players would dislike that style of play preferring the current style instead. The risk RN runs is that if they try to implement this to all games they stand to lose a lot of players who will find something geared a bit more towards completion and not simply FarmVille with trains. Perhaps the best solution is to create a third version for people to play and let people chose which maps/gameworlds they want to play on. For all those who like FarmVille with trains they could opt to play on that server. For those who prefer the classic game, it would remain. Those looking for more confrontation could go to the American map and those looking for a huge network with regional play could go to the Europe map.

Europe seems better suited for this model as the setting is any way for more focused LM hauliing

"Most importantly it changes that fact that cities are being connected by players because these cities are "on the way" and this puts them at a disadvantage. This mostly applies to cities towards the center of the map"

this is what i read out of this statement: "you want to fix 1 issue, produce 1 new issue and now you attempt to fix the issue by fighting it's symptoms while creating new issues which you hope will be less significant than the previous."

• Despite both words containing an X, please don't confuse Platform X with a "fix" for Classic. The point of Platform X is to be different, to rethink & reevaluate strategies, to provide an alternative experience.
    A "fix" would have the main point to be an improvement for everyone, because something was wrong. That is not necessarily what a new scenario is doing. It's changing things around. For some players this might feel like an improvement, because they prefer this new scenario. Some prefer the old way and for them it's not an improvement. That's why I wouldn't call any of the features a fix. They are changes.

A good example to explain this is probably Fast Forward. Fast Forward provides a different experience by speeding the game up. That might be a "fix" for those players who had a problem with the long duration of 1x or 2x speed servers. But there are definitely others who simply prefer longer game rounds and for them it's definitely not a fix. That's what I mean with "Not every change is a fix".

• it's clear that some mechanics implemented in px exist to change things around, which is a nice idea in general, like the pp from facility levelups if you deliver goods to it (and i don't recall someone answering my question in regards of that subject which i asked about that a few days ago)

Most importantly it changes that fact that cities are being connected by players because these cities are "on the way" and this puts them at a disadvantage.

the reason they are on a disadvantage in the current state is because it of the attempted 'fix' of massive player gatherings in one single city during the endgame, which has basically shifted the gatherings to the border of the map. without that *change* center cities would just be as fine as they were before.

-not every change is a fix but some certainly are-

• Hi Salix . You are competent to answer the questions:

1. How is the active player counted? Is there a limit for delivery to the city? For example, 1,000 tons per day and then you register as active for next 24 hours?
    2. is 5 tons enough for all the time city level and is registered active?
      (Then it loses its meaning, each player brings 5 tons to make the game more difficult.)
    3. If it brings goods that are not needed for the development of the city? Is the player active?
    4. It is counted as active even if it imports passengers? And if it brings passengers that are not needed (delivery is ready- green) ?
    5. Will prestige be paid from cities that are not TOP10 when the finals start? Or after the finals?
      (this is an important thing so that players don´t do unnecessary work)
    6. Will the prestige of the reduced waiting time be paid to non-TOP10 cities when the finals begin? Or after the finals?
      (This is an important thing for players don´t make unnecessary investments)
    7. Can I convert gold to PlatformX from regular servers?
    8. Can I transfer gold from PlatformX to regular servers?
    9. Will it be possible to get a starter pack that is normally only available in the Engame? (399 Golds)
    10. Will there be a limited number tickets of lotteries?

Thank you Salix (or anyone competent) for answer

Theories, ideas and hypotheses, please thread Platform X – Share your ideas!

• As far as I know, there is still no clear opinion on what the criteria for an active player will be.

They could be something like that (PlatfromX und neues Szenario)

Online in the last 24 hours + in the last 4 accounting periods (45-60 minutes) goods driven into the city - passengers do not count + at least 1.000 PP

• Hi Salix . You are competent to answer the questions:

1. How is the active player counted? Is there a limit for delivery to the city? For example, 1,000 tons per day and then you register as active for next 24 hours?
    2. is 5 tons enough for all the time city level and is registered active?
      (Then it loses its meaning, each player brings 5 tons to make the game more difficult.)
    3. If it brings goods that are not needed for the development of the city? Is the player active?
    4. It is counted as active even if it imports passengers? And if it brings passengers that are not needed (delivery is ready- green) ?
    5. Will prestige be paid from cities that are not TOP10 when the finals start? Or after the finals?
      (this is an important thing so that players don´t do unnecessary work)
    6. Will the prestige of the reduced waiting time be paid to non-TOP10 cities when the finals begin? Or after the finals?
      (This is an important thing for players don´t make unnecessary investments)
    7. Can I convert gold to PlatformX from regular servers?
    8. Can I transfer gold from PlatformX to regular servers?
    9. Will it be possible to get a starter pack that is normally only available in the Engame? (399 Golds)
    10. Will there be a limited number tickets of lotteries?

Thank you Salix (or anyone competent) for answer

Theories, ideas and hypotheses, please thread Platform X – Share your ideas!

1. A player is active if he delivered at least one ton in the last 24 hours AND was online in the last 72 hours. In the endgame this changes to delivery in the last 60 minutes and being online in the last 24 hours.
    2. See above. And, in addition, see my explanation in my previous posts why this still changes a few things.
    3. I will ask our Game Designer about that one and come back to this thread.
    4. Yes, passengers count as "goods" in this case.
    5.+6.: Will ask about those too.
    7. No. As with all event servers, it's not possible to transfer gold towards them.
    8. Yes. As with all event servers, it is possible to transfer Gold FROM the event server to a regular server, as long as it belongs to the same region (and to all regions if it's the international event servers).
    9. Not for the first round. But since we are running two rounds this time, we can activate the purchase of the SSP in the first round for the second round. But let me confirm that again please, just to be 100% sure.
    10. Yes. The daily limit that we introduced for this years Masters will be active on Platform X and generally is active on all gameworlds that started or restarted after the XXL update.

And a general question to all of you: Would you be interested in short livestream Q&A (questions and answers) session about Platform X next week Thursday together with our Game Designer?

• And a general question to all of you: Would you be interested in short livestream Q&A (questions and answers) session about Platform X next week Thursday together with our Game Designer?

:thumbsup:

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• And a general question to all of you: Would you be interested in short livestream Q&A (questions and answers) session about Platform X next week Thursday together with our Game Designer?

Yes I would.

However: next week Thursday is one (1), only one week before Platform X start. Which means: it would be a one sided session, as within that one week nothing would possibly change. You would just inform us, nothing of the great ideas and suggestions brought forward would change the current version, only just another go in the future.

A general suggestion for Q&A sessions: plan them proactive.

Plan a Q&A session for the next big event 4-6 weeks before event start. Make use of all the creative responses of your customers, all the great ideas, answer all the questions .... not a week before start, but at a time, when changes are still possible. This would improve cooperation and partnership between you and us, and the feeling, that our ideas and our creativity matters at least a little bit.

Frei nach Führungscoach Sandra von Oehsen. Zwei Fragen, die sich Unternehmen stellen sollten:

Was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen?

Und was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen, was sie gar nicht lernen sollen?

• I think you misunderstand what a Q&A session is. It is, as the name already quite literally indicates, about answering questions.
    Q&As are simply not the appropriate format for what you are describing. That would, for example, be workshops, player interviews, User insights, surveys, collecting feedback from the forum etc.
    We already do all of that. These things are important and are a major part of all gameplay development.
    Could we have something SIMILAR to Q&As to talk about future features/development? Sure. And we already did, in fact. But we definitely wouldn't call it a Q&A because that simply the wrong term for that kind of format.

• Thanks for the answer. Maybe I misunderstood. Maybe I like interaction too much, so I do not see Q&A as a one way road ... just because I have learnt, that questions are the best way to initiate thinking on the other side. So, for me a "question" is not (only) the expression of "Sir, I don't know about this, please explain" but so many questions start great ideas, great creativity, great new thinking. I see that in this forum, Samisu is a master of that sort of questioning. He starts a thread with a question, and there is no way so simply answer yes or no, you have to tell more and great discussions start, filled with ideas and creativity ... and so many customers can do it the same way.

I don't care, how you call it, Q&A or user insights or surveys ... any of these must not be one way roads, they can all be more than information about a final decision, they can also be a start of a decision finding process ... on boths sides, yours and ours.

Anyway ... my suggestion is to act earlier. Teams for Platform X are set up already, friends have formed groups already, they are questioning each other ... and all their questions could have been answered 3-4 weeks ago. Nevertheless I really like the offer to do a session next Thursday.

So, a yes from me again, I am interested.

Frei nach Führungscoach Sandra von Oehsen. Zwei Fragen, die sich Unternehmen stellen sollten:

Was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen?

Und was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen, was sie gar nicht lernen sollen?

• Well, you should care how they are called, because they are different things. If you randomly interpret things in a way that they are clearly not, you'll end up disappointing yourself.
    I am not critisizing your general idea of talking with each other to evaluate design ideas. That's all good and something we already do in various formats, from very indirect interactions like surveys to very direct ones like interviews or user test (the latter is obviously limited right now, due to Corona).

Anyway ... my suggestion is to act earlier

May I remind you that there already is a thread about suggestions for the second episode of Platform X, which is waaaaay in the future. What do you think that is for?

and all their questions could have been answered 3-4 weeks ago.

That is incorrect. The information we could have provided at that point would have been incomplete. We are doing these things at the given times because they makes sense at these times.