Platform X - All your questions!

• is the active players calculation for the next set calculated at the exact moment we change the set? If not can you tell me when????

The active players are counted at the consumption every 15 minutes. The calculation for the next set is based for the active players at the last consumption.

All other things are right.

• Bruno_BF Salix

Now the tonnage in the final does not depend on the level of the city. Depends on the tonnage of city number 1.

Why does the starting time of cities depend on the level of the city?

This used to be to compensate for the lower tonnage at the lower level.

And now it is unfairly punishing the weak cities!

This is not fair!

This is a wrong legacy of the old formula. And it must be removed!

Starting time should depend only on the position of the city.

• no it's not unfair. Now you have to keep leveling and like it's done at the moment stop with leveling to start at a lower position with a strong city. And we all now there are 10 megacities but at most servers only half of them are playing the endgame for real. People move over to one of the strongest cities

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• The purpose of these changes is to give cities an equal chance. Cities with few players have a chance against cities with many players. Because they play on equal terms.

And this broken legacy is ruining all the chances of cities with few players.

That is why it is unfair.

• The purpose of these changes is to give cities an equal chance. Cities with few players have a chance against cities with many players. Because they play on equal terms.

And this broken legacy is ruining all the chances of cities with few players.

That is why it is unfair.

it needs new strategies, and who says smaller cities have a disadvantage?? What will the consumption do??

When I have a consumption of 30% with 200 active connected players of 1 % with 50 active connected players.

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• The real difference in consumption is not enough to compensate for the huge difference in time

• By definition, Platform X is an experiment. We will know the results after not before we complete the experiment. I am sure that adjustments will be needed. As we have not played the end-game yet we cannot know what will need tweaking.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Yes, you are right. But some problems can be seen from now on.

Bruno_BF

Giving prestige is not good now.

Transporting passengers have an absolute advantage over transporting goods.

Only passenger transporters will win in the round.

In one day you can take the prestige of several cities with passengers. And you may not succeed even from 1 city with goods.

This scenario should be renamed to Platform PAX.

• I agree that passengers are over compensated with prestige. Working Class Heroes - I would like to see passengers removed altogether. I came back to the game some time after they were introduced and they are a bolt-on which looks and performs like a bolt on. This has damaged the game, imo. Introducing another game format would be a good opportunity to either remove them altogether or to significantly alter the way they work. We need a game format in which the cargo haulers stand an equal chance of winning in the prestige stakes.

;)Someone once said to a committee:-

"This race horse has a few problems, it does not perform well in all environments. Let's redesign it."

The committee argued about this improvement and that addition then decided to compromise.

They designed a camel - functional but uncomfortable, it favours heat and it is as ugly as sin.:whistling:

(Lao-Tse)

• By definition, Platform X is an experiment. We will know the results after not before we complete the experiment. I am sure that adjustments will be needed. As we have not played the end-game yet we cannot know what will need tweaking.

There is nothing to experiment about, I mean YES there is, but that doesn't mean you should hit the ceiling in regards to city leveling. Platform X is all about starting as 1st city, be it level 38 or 48, the difference only refers to tonnage. You want to haul more or haul less, that's the question.

• There is nothing to experiment about, I mean YES there is, but that doesn't mean you should hit the ceiling in regards to city leveling. Platform X is all about starting as 1st city, be it level 38 or 48, the difference only refers to tonnage. You want to haul more or haul less, that's the question.

That is ONE question. I can think of quite a few more. :) Plenty to speculate about, including if there is a reason to stop leveling at any particular point. There will be more to end-game strategy, I am sure, than simply aiming to start the race in poll position. I suspect it will take more than two rounds for all players to see the potential and to adjust. In the interim we speculate and we do our best to make head or tail of the snippets of information and the various ideas available and to work out what we believe will be the "right" way to play this. :)

(Lao-Tse)

• That is ONE question. I can think of quite a few more. :) Plenty to speculate about, including if there is a reason to stop leveling at any particular point. There will be more to end-game strategy, I am sure, than simply aiming to start the race in poll position. I suspect it will take more than two rounds for all players to see the potential and to adjust. In the interim we speculate and we do our best to make head or tail of the snippets of information and the various ideas available and to work out what we believe will be the "right" way to play this. :)

But you know that the higher the level, the more difficult will be for the less populated mega cities :p

• Yes, I do. I also know that the PAX requirements will skew the outcome as they do on the normal classic server. I am far from certain, but, instinctively, I feel that the shorter the end game the less likely the small cities are to complete their PAX.

(Lao-Tse)

• Hello, Salix can you ask Bruno_BF how is calculated the passengers needed to the cities during the 6 eras and to Mega cities for END GAME, and if that calculation it's different from normal servers?

That is something I never saw here on this forum.

Thanks

Hello!

This question needs a very well explained answear... some of us are getting boring of ask and no real answear is given...

I trying not open a different topic with other points but i see i have to do it...

And don't tell me nothing changed because i saw it in real time and nothings go right when we plan a EG and all number of passangers needed doesn't make sence...

• Hear Me Roar

Yes, every town has the same chance, like others.. .. Bcs, before this change, won town with the largest number of people... Now, you have better chance to play in ,,your" town.. It changed, that you dont need 4asso in town, you can play alone , and still reach a win... You need good players, not many players.. :-))... Its fine.. ;-)

but, i agree with you, that you should start at the same time on X servers, when the BasicTonnage of city is by first city, and you can only change actives players to count tonnage of city .. :-))...But, you have to level your city now for better starting time.. Dont wait :-) ..

• ...But, you have to level your city now for better starting time.. Dont wait :-) ..

that's the idea of it with this change. On the normal servers the tactic is to start with a low as possible level the endgame. I'm glad with the change that you need to keep leveling.

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress