Platform X - All your questions!

• that's the idea of it with this change. On the normal servers the tactic is to start with a low as possible level the endgame. I'm glad with the change that you need to keep leveling.

I am baffled by how some users here, and also by players that don't visit the forum, interpret the EG changes and make judgement calls that affect the majority of players that don't really understand nor read the changelog.

Let's take an example from the Einstein server, we have:

1. Petertown - now ranked 1st with 203 players - who will most likely hit level 45 when entering the EG.

2. Westhill - now ranked 6th with 111 players - who will most likely hit 39 when entering the EG.

Because of the EG changes, Westhill's quota has shifted from 124791t, which they would have had on a Classic server, to 155989t which they forcibly have on Platform X server.

Keep in mind that Westhill has a bit over half of Petertown's player base. Them being a smaller town HAS NOT increase their chances, but on the contrary, decrease them. And it's already difficult for them to level at the pace of Petertown.

So no, these changes DO NOT incentivize leveling a city as much as possible, it ONLY incentivizes a city being 1st, that's all.

This community is seriously lacking analysis.

• So no, these changes DO NOT incentivize leveling a city as much as possible, it ONLY incentivizes a city being 1st, that's all.

yes the aim to be the first city to start, so what do you need to do??? Keep leveling

For level 45, it will be 239660t.

if this is the level e.g. the endgame starts alle cities have to bring this amount. #1 or # 10 so what do you want, start with #, what do you need to do to get #1, leveling your city.

This community is seriously lacking analysis

you don't have to be so condescending

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• Lesser populated cities, hence smaller cities, will have issues when leveling. Therefore these changes will motivate players to relocate to bigger cities.

Yes, bigger cities will compete with other big cities for 1st spot, but smaller cities will have no chance. They will be dragged in a fight which is not theirs.

• /Mihai,

Using your example, if Petertown finishes first at level 45 they set the base tonnage at what?

If Petertown has 203 active players their tonnage is adjusted to what? 239660t?

If Westhill has 111 active players their tonnage is adjusted to what? 155989t?

Just trying to understand, there is numbers flying all around. Thanks

• Using the old calculation method wich give us the same tonage for the same level cities, and then add the new calculation.

This means every top 10 cities have 217.500 tons based when applying the new calcuculation

• Using the old calculation method wich give us the same tonage for the same level cities, and then add the new calculation.

This means every top 10 cities have 217.500 tons based when applying the new calcuculation

OK, but tonnage is also going to be adjusted by the number of active players, at least that is my understanding.

• Check this table I've made: https://1drv.ms/x/s!arqyunxxuymxjwxz6_8rezm2qgos?e=mhp3pj

Look in the first sheet, you have there a city level row and a base tonnage row. On Platform X the 1st city sets the base tonnage.

You take that base tonnage and apply it to this formula:

EG FINAL QUOTA = BASE TONNAGE * 2 * (ACTIVE PLAYERS/100) ^ 0.7

• So, Petertown reaches level 45 and has 203 active players, their endgame tonnage would be 239660

Westhill with 111 active players would have their endgame tonnage would be 155989, but they would not be in control of it.

I see variables here. The leading city basically sets the tonnage for all the cities, and the lower place cities are held hostage (so to speak), as /Mihial says. But, If the leading city just has lot of players and no discipline they may shoot themselves in the foot by leveling too high. Lower placed cities with lower number of players that are experienced and have discipline may surprise people.

But likely what is going to happen is that endgame is decided between the 3 cities with the most players (like most classic games), the only difference is that they will be placed 1,2,3 instead of 4,5,6. Either way, the smaller cities are always at a disadvantage.

• Admittedly I was not that interested in Platform X to begin with. Unless it is announced in advance there will be some special award for round 2, I have no plans on returning. That being said, I would strongly encourage RN not to host a special event server in the middle of another special event server. When you have to chose where to spend your most valuable resource, time, then the special event server that started first will likely be where you focus your attention.

• Smaller cities were at a disadvantage on Classic servers and they're even more, on Platform X. And let's not forget one important factor, which is availability. With a big city you have players from all over the world, whereas in a smaller city there's less, so when the majority of them goes to bed, it will be impossible to call and clear goods in a rapid manner, they will focus on offline goods, often seeing 2 offline goods so they can cover more.

Whereas big cities, even without discipline, they can brute force goods. Sure it will take 2-3 hours, but with so many players any RG will bend under the weight.

• Forgive the ogre who is doing her best to co-ordinate Petertown for sticking her oar in here, please.

On day one of era one every city is equal none are bigger or smaller than others. On PX or any other server I do not solicit other cities to poach players or associations. I am sure that this is true of most chairpersons. On PX we started well and others chose to join us. We grew and we did better so more chose to join us. We grew and we did better so more chose to join us. We grew and we .............->

This is quite remarkably like real life, London, Berlin, Paris etc.

Human nature dictates that everyone wants to be successfull, but St. David's will never compete with London even though St. David's is a beautiful little city with some really lovely residents.

I totally agree that it would be better to have ten Mega cities competing in the end game, but, I am not sure how this can be achieved. I play on a server where for years the end-game has been "a one horse race" with the same somewhat smaller group regularly taking second. This is, to my mind, pointless and so I and the players with me choose not to join either of the larger groups but to fight to achieve the highest delivery we can. We are growing, but, slowly. After all, most players want to win and they know where to go to ensure that win!

To give all cities an equal chance you would have to stop all movement of players from their home city. While players can migrate, they will migrate, to better their chance of winning. It would NOT improve the game to end migration so some other balance needs to be found. But, I suspect that complete equilibrium is unobtainable so a few cities will do well at the start and others will flock to join them, they will grow and do better so others will flock to join them which will result in them growing and doing well so that others flock to join them which will result in them ..........->

Such is life!

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• I left the city on all the trains on Saturday at 20:30. On Sunday at 20:31, the number of active players in the city did not change even after the game was restarted. There was no change even at 21:01, when the recalculation of factory occupancy was. So when will it be evaluated that I left the city (I stopped supplying anything to it) more than 24 hours ago?

• I left the city on all the trains on Saturday at 20:30. On Sunday at 20:31, the number of active players in the city did not change even after the game was restarted. There was no change even at 21:01, when the recalculation of factory occupancy was. So when will it be evaluated that I left the city (I stopped supplying anything to it) more than 24 hours ago?

Maybe another player starts to deliver something to your city ? You don't know, because the list of connections doesn't show who is active and who isn't.

• Or it doesn't work at all. It is a gross mistake that even a few days until the final it is not clear to see who is, who is not an active player and not knowing at what point the recalculation of active players takes place. Whether it is at the moment when the specified time has elapsed since the last delivery or not being online, or at some recalculation, or at another, undefined moment.