Android app doesn't work, crashes at launch

• Hello,

With the recent Android update the app crashes immediately after launch. My mobile device is Huawei Mate 20 Pro, but I saw some recent user reviews mentioning other devices as well, so you might want to check the Play Store too.

Cheers,

Mihai

• I have the same problem. I redownloaded the app and it still crashes. I installed it in my sisters phone and opens smoothly as ever. Something is happening with some brands of phones.

• Hi, i have just the same trouble with launching Android version. Phone xiaomi redmi note 4x, there wasn't any troubles with launching this app earlier.

There is a text of crush-log:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.proto.ConfigPersistence$PersistedConfig.parseFrom(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:482)

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.internal.LegacyConfigsHandler.readPersistedConfig(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:340)

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.internal.LegacyConfigsHandler.getConvertedLegacyConfigs(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:196)

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.internal.LegacyConfigsHandler.saveLegacyConfigsIfNecessary(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:151)

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.RemoteConfigComponent$$Lambda$4.call(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4)

at com.google.android.gms.tasks.zzz.run(com.google.android.gms:play-services-tasks@@17.0.2:2)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:760)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get message info for com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.proto.ConfigPersistence$PersistedConfig

at com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageInfoFactory.messageInfoFor(GeneratedMessageInfoFactory.java:62)

at com.google.protobuf.ManifestSchemaFactory$CompositeMessageInfoFactory.messageInfoFor(ManifestSchemaFactory.java:143)

at com.google.protobuf.ManifestSchemaFactory.createSchema(ManifestSchemaFactory.java:55)

at com.google.protobuf.Protobuf.schemaFor(Protobuf.java:93)

at com.google.protobuf.Protobuf.schemaFor(Protobuf.java:107)

at com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageLite.makeImmutable(GeneratedMessageLite.java:171)

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.proto.ConfigPersistence$PersistedConfig.<clinit>(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:959)

... 9 more

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at com.google.firebase.remoteconfig.proto.ConfigPersistence$PersistedConfig.dynamicMethod(com.google.firebase:firebase-config@@19.1.4:951)

at com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageLite.dynamicMethod(GeneratedMessageLite.java:252)

at com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageLite.buildMessageInfo(GeneratedMessageLite.java:280)

at com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessageInfoFactory.messageInfoFor(GeneratedMessageInfoFactory.java:60)

... 15 more