Passengers in Mega Cities

• Hello, is there any formula how you calculate the ammount of passengers needed to deliver to Mega Cities during EG?

It depends, beside the level of the Megatown and the connections, also where the city is located. If its in the middle, there are more passengers needed and if its somewhere outside you need less passengers, because the way is longer for the trains and you have less neighbourcities.

• It depends, beside the level of the Megatown and the connections, also where the city is located. If its in the middle, there are more passengers needed and if its somewhere outside you need less passengers, because the way is longer for the trains and you have less neighbourcities.

I agree with all that until the part you say "it depends of the localization of the mega city" I didn't it shouldn't be like that, because the number of the players being the same with a city ended era 6 at the same level having different amount of passengers isn't quite fair, the players are the same and the level is the same....

• I agree with all that until the part you say "it depends of the localization of the mega city" I didn't it shouldn't be like that, because the number of the players being the same with a city ended era 6 at the same level having different amount of passengers isn't quite fair, the players are the same and the level is the same....

Not all cities have at the same distance to their closest neighbour city, there are some at 5 tracks while others have their closest city at 8 tracks. Border cities have less oppertunities to switch to other cities with lower waittimes because the might have only 2 cities as first cities around them while center cities can have 5 or 6. That is all in the calculations besides level and connected players.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• I agree with all that until the part you say "it depends of the localization of the mega city" I didn't it shouldn't be like that, because the number of the players being the same with a city ended era 6 at the same level having different amount of passengers isn't quite fair, the players are the same and the level is the same....

But Schwanii ist right. The factors are:

• level of the megacity
    • number of connected players
    • distance to the nearest 3 (I'm not sure with that number. Was discussed way back in the old forums) neighbouring cities

All three points are also true during the normal round. Just compare Stillwater (4/6/6 tracks to the nearest neighbours) with another city with the same level and roughly the same number of connected players on your server.

• Not all cities have at the same distance to their closest neighbour city, there are some at 5 tracks while others have their closest city at 8 tracks. Border cities have less oppertunities to switch to other cities with lower waittimes because the might have only 2 cities as first cities around them while center cities can have 5 or 6. That is all in the calculations besides level and connected players.

But Schwanii ist right. The factors are:

• level of the megacity
    • number of connected players
    • distance to the nearest 3 (I'm not sure with that number. Was discussed way back in the old forums) neighbouring cities

All three points are also true during the normal round. Just compare Stillwater (4/6/6 tracks to the nearest neighbours) with another city with the same level and roughly the same number of connected players on your server.

If you put it that way, I guess it's possible, but I might be any formula for that, or is that formula "the God secret"?

• Hello, since i haven´t get any answer from any member of RN team i'll put it in a different way.

I'm playing the EG in a PT-BR server witch have alredy the new calculation metod, but i realize that this it isn't fair enough I think.

Let's take a look at this 2 cities.

Screenshot by Lightshot

So the city of Vendavais needs 18.961.000 passengers, at end of era 6 it was at level 40 and have 52 active players connected (51 right when EG started)

The city of Memória needs 43.724.000 passengers, at end of era 6 it was at level 41 (one more than Vendavais) and have 191 active players connected (188 right when EG started)

Manking some calculations I can see this isn't fair for Vendavais, they need to haul around 364.634 pasengenrs for each active player connected.

Then i see Memória that needs to haul around 228.921 passengers for each active player connected.

So in conclusion its very good what you did with de 48 goods but still missing the passengers, because a city with almost 4 times the players and one more level just need to haul 60% more passengers than the other.

Can I have some kind of feed back on this?

• Not all calculations are always public information, especially the more complicated ones that count many different variables. There may be a way to calculate how much pax is needed per mega city, but I'm not familiar with that. Maybe one of the other players has figured it out?

I'll ask around a bit but no promises I can deliver a concrete way for calculating pax.

You did raise an interesting question though - how fair is the endgame regarding pax. What do others think of it, should this be improved in some way or does it feel like a fair challenge in different cities, with different distances to goods and pax?

• Not all calculations are always public information, especially the more complicated ones that count many different variables. There may be a way to calculate how much pax is needed per mega city, but I'm not familiar with that. Maybe one of the other players has figured it out?

I'll ask around a bit but no promises I can deliver a concrete way for calculating pax.

You did raise an interesting question though - how fair is the endgame regarding pax. What do others think of it, should this be improved in some way or does it feel like a fair challenge in different cities, with different distances to goods and pax?

This is the way RN works (infortunely)... sometimes this look like a guess game and not a strategy game... this is why i stop to play once and i'm close to do it again...

A strategy game needs to be planed and not guess what may happend in the EG... this is not aceptable at all... but once again if you guys think this is the way you want to do it, go ahead and kill the game once for all...

• Pax, for me, has always felt like a "bolt-on" which does not quite work, not only in the end game but in the development stage. I left the game without PAX and returned to it some years later to find PAX. I have to admit I have never quite got to grips with them and regard them as an unnecessary evil which just has to be done. :whistling:.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• You did raise an interesting question though - how fair is the endgame regarding pax. What do others think of it, should this be improved in some way or does it feel like a fair challenge in different cities, with different distances to goods and pax?

with the new endgame rules of the tonnage for the goods is nothing changed with pax. The same pax amounts are counted as before change or a little adjustment was made. Now it is even harder for smaller cities to be able to win the endgame because it became almost impossible for them to finish pax.

When I look at my main server, which is a smaller server, the winner of the last endgame was decided on the pax. Just one or two cities are able to finish the pax, the others were between half way tot 2/3 of the amount of pax.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• with the new endgame rules of the tonnage for the goods is nothing changed with pax. The same pax amounts are counted as before change or a little adjustment was made. Now it is even harder for smaller cities to be able to win the endgame because it became almost impossible for them to finish pax.

When I look at my main server, which is a smaller server, the winner of the last endgame was decided on the pax. Just one or two cities are able to finish the pax, the others were between half way tot 2/3 of the amount of pax.

I think we must always be on the same servers!!!

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

Now it is even harder for smaller cities to be able to win the endgame because it became almost impossible for them to finish pax.

When I look at my main server, which is a smaller server, the winner of the last endgame was decided on the pax.

Some details:

#1 Derft had 50% more active players than #2 Haarklem, but had only about 10% more pax to deliver.

Haarklem started 30 minutes later than Derft, finished their 48 goods 10 minutes before Derft did, but they eventually finished their passengers 40 minutes after Derft (only thanks to the bigger amount of active players in Derft).

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

* playing my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• the winner city in this round was the 52 players city (Vendavais), they finished 48 goods and then 4 hours waiting for passengers, they won because of the unlucky the other city had otherwise they would won easily while Vendavais were waiting for passengers to finish...

• Pax, for me, has always felt like a "bolt-on" which does not quite work, not only in the end game but in the development stage. I left the game without PAX and returned to it some years later to find PAX. I have to admit I have never quite got to grips with them and regard them as an unnecessary evil which just has to be done. :whistling:.

I have to fully agree with this one. I felt exactly the same when I came back to the game.

Although in my recent experience in EG pax didn't matter. The city I was in completely dominated, and when we still had to do ~45% pax (after about 23 hours of the megacity forming, which was 6,5 hours after EG started), and while some people switched to pax to fill it up, others went to a neighboring megacity to farm some more prestige by finishing goods there. I guess that sometimes pax just doesn't matter, which also doesn't feel good (the megacity only had 6 people hauling pax to it during the first 23 hours, all other pax were delivered through bonus engines). Sometimes it just seems to matter too much, while not being able to account to it before you're actually in the situation. I'd say some tweaks are needed.

Also, just having the pax bonus engines is often enough to finish competitions and delivered quite the money during my play, while sort of being 'free'. It definitely me finish 4th, but didn't give me a lot of satisfaction. It was more of a chore switching the bonus engines every hour, having to account for huge distances while having 2 of them going 370 kmh and the others going 150-200. If you're actually hauling pax from era 1 to era 3 for money and helping cities, I'm sure it feels good, but beyond those eras and if you just have bonus engines it mostly feels bad.