Let's discuss ⚙️ Video engine update

• What about us who likes to watch even 100+ videos in one day just to get all kinds of extras (money, waggon vouchers you name it) and now its limited to 56? This irritates me a little. I can live with that but pretty annoying..

• I like the idea that you can watch your own videos and the amount is restricted so all can watch and not just 1 or 2 players in an asso who watch everything and don't give others a chance to watch

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

• How about you limit the upgrades for each era similar to career engine and not limit the amount of commercials one can watch per day? Or do you consider them "unfair advantage" in general? Cause im in a pretty active corp and very few people are watching them except for a couple of days at the start of a new round.

• This is a move that hits active players, specially that kind of active players that like to stand out by video mining instead of by gold spending. And it clearly benefits non active players, that will see their progress to be close to those of active players with a little effort, even if connecting once or twice a day.

I am sure that behind this decission, resides the idea that if players cannot get lots of rewards by videos, they will purchase them with gold.

Well, I don't think this will work that way. Gold spenders purchase rewards to be better than the rest of active players. Consequently, it is competitivity the true motivation of gold spending. With this move, active players that don't like to spend gold will have their progress limited, so they'll advance evenly through the game. This will reduce competitivity so the gold spenders will need to spend less gold to stand out.

Also, the servers will become less and less active, which will reduce the interest of the game.

I also want to point out how shocking is to see the amount of time and energy invested in developing non demanded features (oh, by god's shake!!!, another bonus engine? why not 47 new bonus engine next update?), while they delay for months or years the solution to nasty bugs and the redesign of things that everybody hates.

I am very very thankful that Rail Nation staff are working in this game. Imagine if they had found a job developing control systems for nuclear reactors. The world is safer in this way ;).

• Hi there, how so? How does the introduction of Pollux make it 'almost impossible' to get era bonus trains?

It is not related to Pollux but to the video restriction!

Until now, this was possible by watching a video. If you are an active player.

Now it's gone ...

Thanks for that!

• Also, the players in countries with low income, will be the ones that feel the downside of this the most. It will be harder to compete against the players with deeper pockets. $10 is a day of income for some people.

I know there are alot of players from eastern Europe in this game. Not saying that all of the players there have low income, but the average wage is lower for sure.

• Hi there, how so? How does the introduction of Pollux make it 'almost impossible' to get era bonus trains?

Because they are mainly won thru heavy mining of the video system and purchase of 5 or 10 gold tickets.

Having a very small fraction of videos available will mean that we will not get "discounted tickets" or ticket gold and so the chance of winning Bonus Engines is almost 0.

• It is not related to Pollux but to the video restriction!

Until now, this was possible by watching a video. If you are an active player.

Now it's gone ...

Thanks for that!

I don't earn my bonus trains by watching videos. Most I get with lotery tickets or competitions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -:engine1::engine1::engine1: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If a turtle doesn’t have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Pollux is not an era spesific BT. I use to watch enormous amounts of videoes to get the chance to get all the BTs in the game. And I do buy gold. But, I do not buy BTs for 2500 gold (its insane). Without many BTs, you have far less chance in getting good pp in EG for example, when every ton counts and 100t can be the difference between 1st place on a RG and 10th.

And for the competitions in cities, it will be a nightmare for non-gold spenders to get #1 and maybe get those 20 gold.

But hey, I get that RN have to get the money from somewhere. But, this move will probably scare off some players that have been playing this for years.

• Also, the players in countries with low income, will be the ones that feel the downside of this the most. It will be harder to compete against the players with deeper pockets. $10 is a day of income for some people.

I know there are alot of players from eastern Europe in this game. Not saying that all of the players there have low income, but the average wage is lower for sure.

Very clever note about ethics behind $-motivated decissions.

• 56 videos a day?! Have they gone mad?!!!! We just read them a lot especially to have a great advantage on others who don't. And now just to push more the knife in the wound another advantage for golders has been added, don't they have enough already? I mean employées and other event reduces. Instead of slowing our game they should make theirs more faster!

• In the previous conversation with the players. You said you wanted to replace the video with other game-related activities. But you did not give anything in return. You just robbed the players again.

This is another change that makes the game Pay2Win (PayALot2Win).

The new video restriction is a very unbalanced solution in many ways ...

Robs those who watch videos!

Rob those who have video! Because they will receive 10% less money and prestige from their buildings.

There will be no video to watch during peak hours. Creates conflicts!

In the other hours there will be no one to watch the video.

In small teams there is not so much video to improve Pollux! If you do not enter the game many times a day ...

You do whatever you want and don't listen to your players!

That's why I don't see any sense in making proposals again ...

This is another move to kill the game!

I hope you know what you are doing ...

Thank you for everything!