Let's discuss ⚙️ Video engine update

• I have read the comments on here with interest & some sadness. A number of us, over quite some time, have tried to convince the game makers that whilst people doing lots of videos do get reduced price lotto tickets - free, 5 & 10 being the ones mostly bought - the majority of such players do also spend regular small amounts on gold. As iMarius pointed out, many of the players, especially those in lower income countries, do not have the disposable income to compete with the deep wallets of the big spenders. Multiple smaller spenders do add up to the bigger spender I would have thought?

The videos were the one mechanism that allowed a lower gold spender to compete at this game and this limitation on the number significantly erodes this balancing effect.

I have heard paternalistic comments that watching videos for hours at a time is not good for players, but nor is spending more than they can afford (which may happen in those that wish to continue playing). Some will be forced to leave the community that has been their refuge through this pandemic. I agree with those that say that this will favour the big spender & will potentially lose yet more players from the community.

I can only presume that the modelling that the game provider has done shows that they are better off in terms of their financial return by seeking more of the small group of big spenders than by having a larger number of smaller spenders & alongside that a larger healthier sized community.

It is my personal view that RN had a model that was quite unique in allowing big spenders to compete with lower spenders on a relatively even basis as a result of the balancing effect of the videos. I feel this, on top of the railway specific interest put them in a good marketing position but sadly this has not been either understood or more likely wanted. The pursuit of returns at the expense of the community that you serve will eventually lead to failure in my opinion.

Get out of bed - celebrate waking, go to bed - survived another day:thumbsup:

• Dear Players,

What are your thoughts about the new Pollux bonus engine and changes of the Video Engine Update?

So here goes my opinion...

I already had question the suport team, because i have tested PTR OJ server and there was the locomotive Pollux availabe, with the text "exclusive for this game world" or something like that...

So i thought this train was for special servers as the video system with limited views. Now i realise that OJ will never get it... i was testing something for a game world that will applied for every other game worlds but not the one i'm playing... just great...

Now about limitations i have to say once again that RN is doing everything to put away active players and players that enjoy the game... this is a joke!

Specialy when we know all the problems with bugs not solved for years and years, and still most of players stay, even with support saying it was the device system players are using, only to not bother fixing the bugs. Not even HTML5 solve the problem, wich means you don't know how to fix it.

Keep killing he game... you're doing a very good job...

My turn to leave the game is coming... so i will try to not bother you anymore (as many of questions in this forum don't have answear ost of the time)...

• I have a small doubt, those 56 vídeos per day are counted the 1st video only or it's the 2nd vídeo included?

Are we able to watch 28 vídeos from the buildings plus the 2nd?

And when the bug of not giving us the 2nd video (even with plus account) it will count as 1 or 2 vídeos watched?

I like this idea of limiting the vídeos but you should change the record rooms now, it's not fair having records there if we aren't enable to get because you changed the rules, same as EG duration (the rules have changed too)

• I have a small doubt, those 56 vídeos por day ara counted the 1st video only or it's the 2nd vídeo included?

Are we able to watch 28 vídeos from the buildings plus the 2nd?

And when the bug of not giving us the 2nd video (even with plus account) it will count as 1 or 2 vídeos watched?

I like this idea of limiting the vídeos but you should change the record rooms now, it's not fair having records there if we aren't enable to get because you changed the rules, same as EG duration (the rules have changed too)

One video watched means the counter goes up by one - not by two.

• since i already wrote the full opinion in the german topic:

your change is useless, you're punishing people for watching videos (and (sometimes) providing browsing data & other data to 3rd party companies) while coming up with the lame excuse that you can't limit the "upgrade vouchers" for the new engine in any other way.

@Rmtcp

sorry, but changing the records/nullifying some is useless - some people ripped off a lot of freetime to get these and just because RN changes something, they get punished and others get a "free voucher" to set new records again?

• sorry, but changing the records/nullifying some is useless - some people ripped off a lot of freetime to get these and just because RN changes something, they get punished and others get a "free voucher" to set new records again?

Rail Nation team could make a "Hall of fame" For those records we can't reach now...

• So the meaning is: I watch the 1st video of restaurant to give the bonus to my team mate count one video then comes de 2nd video (without the bug) to get bonus for me count as 2 vídeos watched, is that it?

If you watch an ad video on your own station or on the station of someone else, the bonus from that video goes to you - not to the person whose station you are visiting. The player who watches a video should get a reward from that video unless something has changed?

• If you watch an ad video on your own station or on the station of someone else, the bonus from that video goes to you - not to the person whose station you are visiting. The player who watches a video should get a reward from that video unless something has changed?

you need to play more Rail Nation.

The 1st video gives a 10% bonus (to my team mate) of what my team mate would get if not watched, and then it comes my bonus...

• These changes kill low-income players.

Who with a lot of activity and watching videos had some of the things of the big payers.

That is why there is so much dissatisfaction

Not enough video! The decision was easy. Each player had to be allowed to watch all the videos.

So there would be a video for everyone ...

These changes are not for better game balance. This is not true!

This proposal is to kill competition from low-income players. This is the truth!

• It doesn't matter, the pay2win players are also the players who are watching the most vids. With this option more players have the opportunity to watch videos instead just one ore two in an asso.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• 56 video's max is bad.

I watch a lot of video's, and this is partly because I want my team-mates to get more income, and boost their prestige.

For that I get some rewards in the Special bonuses, which is nice. And with a new bonus-engine, extra nice.

But I don't like it I cannot help out my teammates, and boost the association as a whole while doing that.

This change was inspired by there being players who watch every video of anybody, I understand, but if you really have that situation on your hands and don't like it: kick the player from the association, or leave the association.

There really is no need to introduce a measure for a problem, that is not actually a problem.

• I fully agree with what has already been mentioned by a few others:

The video limitation is heavily affecting the group of players who buy a little gold and rely on 5 and 10 gold tickets to get their BT and other prizes. Videos made it possible for little gold players to compete with the heavy gold spenders and this has been taken away now.

Looks like yet another way to limit the amount of free goodies and force people to spend more real money on this game if they still want a chance to end in a top 10 ranking.

Keep going like this and RN will end up with only newbies and a hand ful big spenders, buying their way to the top and loose the big middle group of active competitive players.

There are 10 types of people in this world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't