Let's discuss ⚙️ Video engine update

• Its a bit early in the year, but this new feature would be a Laugh Out Loud , maybe a ROFL, when its all just the yearly 1 April RN joke.

Like the one they posted some years ago about vouchers to run others slower. That one was also a big explosion on the forum and we all thought it was a good one.

Lets hope admins try to make a 1 April joke - a bit early.

• I am curious about how RN devs thought this would be in terms of reactions. That a BT would help satisfact the active ad-watchers?

I have a proposal, and this might og might not be doable. But what if the game "punished" the gold purchasers a bit? Lets say once you have spent 1000 gold in one era, you lose Pollox? Making Pollox an "advantage" for the players that cant or wont spend that much gold on the game? Pollox could be an acheivement too. If your Pollox survives a whole round, meaning you havent used more than 1000 gold per era, you get an acheivement for it. Meaning you get some CE points too.

Gold spenders wont likely miss the Pollox, as they probably will have a few other BTs the other players cant afford anyways.

AND, this is an important one, do not limit the amount of ad-videos for those still having Pollox. That way, those players unable to spend much gold, actually could compete. Gold spenders can still win the rounds by spending A LOT of gold, but they wont have the Pollox, and they get a limitation on ad-videos.

I think its a more fair way to do it, but it might not be easy to implement..

• If you watch an ad video on your own station or on the station of someone else, the bonus from that video goes to you - not to the person whose station you are visiting. The player who watches a video should get a reward from that video unless something has changed?

I have the impression you don't even now how the system works. Unless this is being changed, each building and in each cycle enables a bonus that allows you to watch 2 chained videos.

After watching the first video, the owner of the building earns a reward, after watching the seocnd video, the watcher earns a reward.

The question is, if I watch 2 chained videos (earning a reward for the building owner and another reward for myself), this will count as 1 watched video or as 2 watched videos?

We are trying to know if we can potentially collect 56 or 28 rewards per day.

• One video watched means the counter goes up by one - not by two.

I have the impression you don't even now how the system works. Unless this is being changed, each building and in each cycle enables a bonus that allows you to watch 2 chained videos.

polimorphic... i absolutly agree with you...

This was a print at PTR Oj server i tested... as you can see after a video+bonus video it count's one...

• I suggest that next update enter 2-3 hours of online profile, and it doesn't matter if you play on one server or several. Here are your 2-3 hours and play for 5 minutes even on all servers of all countries, and when you log on to 2 servers at the same time, you will be banned for a day. Then all the players will be in equal conditions, and also so that there is no unhealthy hobby for video views, and a long sitting in front of the monitor ... If you really wanted to do something with the video, then in the settings you would add you can watch the video in the association to others to the players or not, I think it was easier to do than to fence a vegetable garden. If something goes wrong, sorry google translator%)

• I said more than one year ago that Rail Nation was suicide it self with a few changes you (developers) did back then.

I know some of you laughed because of it, some players almost called me crazy, but now and from the past few months I see more players agreeing with me, but Rail Nation developers aren't listening those who pay their salary, or are you doing it on purpose? If yes better you close and start looking for a new job because if you keep like this very soon you will have more staff than players...

• Here goes my opinion and it worths what it does:

I have already heard many times of the problem of some players watching the ads that YOU (this means your train station ads) want to watch. For me that was never a problem. If i want to see my ads, i always could watch them and if others wanted to watch my ads i was very glad because i won the 10% bonus on my buildings. From here comes two ideas:

1. Why not teach players about the association icon? Everyone has it. It took me two rounds, to understand how players watched so many ads from other players. Before i found this ability, I had to jump from train station to train station to redeem their income and watch their ads (sometimes getting view bugs and had to refresh my browser many times).

2. If some player doesn't want others to watch their ads, wouldnt it be easier to had a config in the settings which would say: "Let other players watch your ads?". So simple, you see? And everyone would be happy. Those who want to watch the ads from people who don't want to watch ads, could keep doing it and those who want to watch their own ads could do it also :D Everyone would be happy Rail Nation. Sometimes, you need to think in simpler things...now giving a BT to try to make happy those who watch ads (and i'm not one of them, i watch some ads once in a while).

(I will not even enter the debate of RN being so much a P2W game, on how BT makes a huge difference in game and EG, on how some players in Era 1 have already the train station fully upgraded, etc etc)

Besides, if you see most of the comments, they refer BUGS. Why do you implement new features without correcting the BUGS that the game has? Will this new feature add up to the bug counter? I will tell you a store: one time i reported to support a bug and they replied they knew about it and that it would be corrected in a future update. In 6 months, that bug wasnt still corrected, since in OJ some had it.

• Videos you watch at your friend's station will count towards your own personal daily video limit of 56 videos.

I think you aren't understanding our doubts.

In every station building that gives you money or prestige you are able watch 2 videos (with plus account without bugs) those 2 vídeos count as one video or two videos for this new rule???

Will we be able to watch videos in 56 station buildings or in 28 only?

I think I can't be more clear than this

• On a classic server i play (1-speed) i watched 1500+ videos in 5 full days the server is open and be online several hours a day.

On a PTR server i play - with the new Pollux and limited video- i watch video till i get the 2 upgrades of the Pollux and maybe some more , but will never watch over 70 a day while i can watch 112 (2-speed).

In other words, i am FAR LESS active in the PTR a day i normally are.

• I think you aren't understanding our doubts.

In every station building that gives you money or prestige you are able watch 2 videos (with plus account without bugs) those 2 vídeos count as one video or two videos for this new rule???

Will we be able to watch videos in 56 station buildings or in 28 only?

I think I can't be more clear than this

Sorry, I thought I was clear but clearly, I wasn't.

One watched video counts as one video - Two videos count as two videos. If you watch a video at your friend's station, the counter goes up by one. If you watch another video that follows, this also adds a counter to your max daily videos. That's 2/56.

• Videos you watch at your friend's station will count towards your own personal daily video limit of 56 videos.

Samisu You have now made 3 attempts to explain this and nobody understands your answer.

Please read Polimorphics question again (see quote, 3d paragraph) and give us a clear answer that everyone can understand

Thanks

There are 10 types of people in this world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't

• Sorry, I thought I was clear but clearly, I wasn't.

One watched video counts as one video - Two videos count as two videos. If you watch a video at your friend's station, the counter goes up by one. If you watch another video that follows, this also adds a counter to your max daily videos. That's 2/56.

Sorry, i was too quick.

Well, this confirms our fears: Per day you can only collect 28 awards!

• Well, this confirms our fears: Per day you can only collect 28 awards!

At 1x if you have a plus.

Without plus - less!

• 2. If some player doesn't want others to watch their ads, wouldnt it be easier to had a config in the settings which would say: "Let other players watch your ads?". So simple, you see? And everyone would be happy. Those who want to watch the ads from people who don't want to watch ads, could keep doing it and those who want to watch their own ads could do it also :D Everyone would be happy Rail Nation.

^this

There are many people who don't watch their 'own' video's. I don't blame them, it's a grind.

Why would the devs put in a restriction that is only to the detriment of

A) the player who doesn't get his video's watched and thus not gets the 10% bonus

B) the player who grinds the unwatched video's

?

• At 1x if you have a plus.

Without plus - less!

Even with plus, in reality it will be less.

There is still the bug, that sometimes you don't get a 2nd video.

This happens when 2 players click the same 1st video... Only the player who finishes the add first, will get a 2nd one. Nobody told me yet that this bug will be fixed.

So in theory you could get 28 rewards per day, but likely it will be less than that.

This is really the worst change i have seen so far in RN.

• Isn't this a misleading advertisement now?

There is no longer a guarantee for a second video because you guarantee that players cannot watch the first video!

Just one question...

Are you planning to reduce the price of the plus account now because you already guarantee that watching videos is very limited?

• Sorry, I thought I was clear but clearly, I wasn't.

The German moderator clearly has a different understanding of the new video limitation:

• The bonus engine for watching videos is great, it's a nice way to incentivize players to use this functionality that not many new players knew of, or use. Maybe even include it in the Tutorial, since it already needs a rework (perhaps?).

The big fuss however is regarding the station videos, since this is the big change that is implemented here, along the bonus train; and as expected Rail Nation already overlooked some facts. This isn't really an issue since small modifications can be made relatively easy. But I will say this:

1. The fact that there was no limit in watching station videos WAS BAD, since this allowed players to gain unfair advantage over the majority of the other players, essentially making this a click-to-win game (on top of it already being a pay-to-win).

2. The fact that a player could watch the station videos and by doing so deprive his teammates of this WAS BAD, especially since I've witnessed instances of station videos being simultaneously collected, hinting at scripts.

But maybe you can tweak these changes, and here's what I would suggest:

1. Make it so a player can watch more than 28 station videos per day, perhaps 100 is a fair cap limit.

2. Make it so EACH player can watch the station videos, if he so choses, meaning that there's no overlap between teammates, thus not depriving his teammates of doing so.

All in all, a good step that I for one welcome it. Thank you!