Let's discuss ⚙️ Video engine update

• Well after reading all of the 8 pages we still don't have a definitive answer on what constitutes numbers of videos watched..
    And Samisu , you keep harping on about what counts if we watch another players adverts... FORGET other players..
    56 adverts a day means that on a standard speed server you can watch all your own adverts.. 28 plus the 28 bonus adverts with Plus Acc. Provided that Samisu is correct and the bonus advert from +Acc counts as 1/56.

This means that on a 2x server we can only watch 50% of our own adverts, as with a +Acc we would get 56 adverts plus 56 Bonus adverts per day... a total of 112 generated. Unless it is adjusted for 2x servers.

Now, totally forgetting watching adverts for other players, this means we cannot even watch ALL of our own adverts on a 2x speed server.

No definitive answer to this has yet been given during the 8 pages of this thread. And I think we need an answer from someone who actually knows, as Samisu doesn't seem to actually know, just assumes from the way he sees it working.

• But wait, this is a train game, how can I make more money in this game by watching ads than by actually delivering goods with my trains?

How do you think in era 1 day 7 some players have 28 848 PP?! ?? And there are much more shocking examples!

A huge network of maps and a huge part of the station built ?!

What kind of game mechanics does this do?

The only way so far for relative balance was video.

Now it's gone!

They took this and didn't give any extra game mechanics in return! There is nothing in return!

The relative balance is gone!

This is the truth!

• At 1x speed players have 28 + 28 videos = a total of 56 videos per day - only 28 bonuses

At 2x speed players have 56 + 56 videos = a total of 112 videos per day - only 56 bonuses 8o

* And only if you have a Plus account! Without a Plus account, the bonuses are much less. :*

• Wish at least they gave us the ability to choose the upgrade ourselves.

Only for 100 gold per upgrade!8o

• There is a cash-free way to the top: time. I don't know how many times I have to repeat it, haha. You make your way to the top with time to play.

EDIT: already read everything, but will keep my original text

Haven't read all the rest Mihai TheRetired, but i had to stop when I read this phrase.

Time can get you to the top MOST OF THE TIMES (depends on your opponents, i doubt that, for example, in masters only time would get you to the top ;) ). But can time get you that 1st position? From my limited experience, the answer is a big fat NO. So, I comprehend why 4 and 5 stars players get annoyed with that decision.

Also, it seems no one is facing the fact that, as you called it, "Ad Warriors" bring benefits to the regular Joe (as i am, but a very active one) - they collect their station building's bonus and give them +10% of this bonus. Will they still keep collecting those bonus, if there are no ads to watch? (i mean, would they stay online as much as they are or would they just log once every hour or to do a given comp?)

RN can't say they are worried about "players not sleeping" - why not limit competitions then? I think everyone here already woke up in the middle of the night just to do, at least, one comp...Why doesn't EG have a night break for all players, for example?

• CONCLUSION HERE IS THE FOLLOWING: pointless update when so many bugs are left to be sorted out (and again, from my limited experience, already faced multiple of them and never had seen something similiar on a beta online game - servers crashing, offline more than 12h, EG crashing also, no responses on forums - i subscribe to what someone posted already, discord will not solve anything if foruns don't!). I ask, will this update bring on many bugs with it? Or those bugs will be called features? ;) :P

Samisu, i think SixPT ™ and Rmtcp (sorry if i forgot someone else) already ask you this, and you haven't replied. What will happen if you have the Video Bonus's bug and you aren't able to see the bonus video? Will the counter reset by one, because of the previous video you have seen?

• This ordinary Joe is interested enough to keep reading the new posts but so far has had nothing to say. I do play videos especially during era 1 if I have a gap in play ... but not enough for the cap to affect me. However, this is correct ...

Also, it seems no one is facing the fact that, as you called it, "Ad Warriors" bring benefits to the regular Joe (as i am, but a very active one) - they collect their station building's bonus and give them +10% of this bonus.

We do benefit from the Ad Warriors whether we watch the videos ourselves or not.

I'm not surprised to see the videos being played down however. It has happened in other games I play. I suspect that perhaps the finances may not be as good as the forecast? I notice we are still watching masters 3 videos for instance - to make up numbers? If so the decision is understandable.

And yes, I can see why the highly competitive players are very upset.

• You are basing your statement on Masters, where all the whales come to play and display their gold? :)

Unless you are up against someone with time and money, then yes, dedicating yourself to this game will secure the 1st spot for you.

I woke up 9 out of 10 to snipe for important workers so I'm no stranger to late night alarms. The game should be allowed 24/7.

• What will happen if you have the Video Bonus's bug and you aren't able to see the bonus video? Will the counter reset by one, because of the previous video you have seen?

This has been tested on PTR!

You're missing a video ...

you drink cold water ...

you take a cold shower ...

and you move on ...:*

• You are basing your statement on Masters, where all the whales come to play and display their gold? :)

Unless you are up against someone with time and money, then yes, dedicating yourself to this game will secure the 1st spot for you.

I woke up 9 out of 10 to snipe for important workers so I'm no stranger to late night alarms. The game should be allowed 24/7.

No, i wasn't basing my statement on Masters. Masters was just a point to prove that its impossible to "reach the top" while playing against Money Whales (with knowledge), contrary to your point that time is enough (which you said you had repeated several times, but look, an exception - how many more can i find?). Time and knowledge weren't never enough for me (i'm no ad watcher - just the occasional watcher - and i don't spend any gold - and i agree in the point that RN can monetize the game as they want, but i think they need to be careful - from what you - all - say about the ads, which i get the point, game will be even more unbalanced).

Following this, one question Mihai TheRetired , tell me in which server you see a player win that doesn't have at least valkyrie and/or primus? Because i want to sign to that server to win my 4 star :D - clearly not related with the removal of the unlimited ad feature, but just curiosity to prove a point

• I am afraid your calculations are totally wrong.

If a station generates 28 bonus per day, 20 stations generates 560.

so 280 in 12 hours, and 93 if you consider 1/3.

And the bonus is 1k at the beginning of era1, so the average is way lower than the 12k u used.. but ok.. let's use it, no problem.

Considering the proportion u used we have:

564k, 8 wagons and let's say 4 tickets (discounted or free).

Not even close to what who spend can get (the "free" red kite they get from minute 1 has by itself paragonable daily income).
    And it's better to point it out, it's something earned after, many hours of watching while who have spent earn it even if he goes to the beach leaving the Red Kite doing its job alone.
    But that is fine cuz in every game grinding is boring and time wasting and obviously can't be as good as paying.

If you say the problem is that the income is coming from something that is not related to trains, I might also agree with you.

What you don't get is that no one who is here complaining really cares about videos itself, unless there is someone with this sort of fetish lol

The complain is that they are removing one by one all the ways to get those things that make the biggest difference in the game, making it for who spends only.

Give us some other ways and you can even completely remove the vids lol

If you remove a chance to compete for active players you can either turn them into players who pays cuz they wanna compete in any case, or make them players who plays without putting effort, logging in just once in a while, or make them leave cuz no competition means boredom.

I really wonder if the number of players is growing globally.. cuz italian servers are dying and this decision we'll just speed up the process.

• Well I don't really know what to say here without getting cut down by others, I just posted something about someone cheating on our server watching videos by using some kind of bot. I do like the idea of limited videos since RN is going after the 95K video guy on a speed server which is impossible. I do like more engines but does that mean consumption or other game details change like increase to level a facility? I think for the new engine as a player when playing a game for pax you should be able to pick if you want it to be a cargo engine or pax since we already have the Career Engine. I like the fact that you can watch your own videos, 56 videos go fast, lets see what happens with the new engine if it makes the game fair across the board or the cheaters still cheat with some new program they come up with going around the 56 videos. It will be some time to get used to. May be I will hate it or love it but it is coming. I think there are worse things in the game that ruin it. If players leave others will make up for the loss it is always like that and I am sure that is calculated into the new engine and changes that are coming. I will see some of you in a week and hopefully the ones I cannot name they will go where the sun doesn't shine :).

• I give you one tip how to make money for your company (bright future, travian) why don't you put more ads from external companies I think those external companies will pay you to have their publicity in your game, because watching your videos from your other games don't give you money, and I'm sure some players here already know how to make Aurora upside down, it's was to many years watching "making of Aurora". By the way, platform X ended few weeks ago what's the point of having publicity from something already ended? I don't remember you doing that kind of publicity for ORIGIN. Upgrade your self and then do the same to the game, but do it properly...

I remember you that this video update us good for me because most of the time I don't have videos to watch in the assus I'm in, but for those who buy gold will be limited to expend that gold, gold buyers can't buy the same amount of tickets from videos because you're are limiting them, so instead of those players expend 20€ per round they will expend 10€ for example, remember that next time you make another upgrade because you're still short on money....

• This is an absolutely disgraceful decision. To limit vid watching I no longer need to get a +account or stay online for longer than an hour each day. Rail Nation will lose a lot of players.

Enjoy the empty servers.

I expect a full cash refund for any +account days I have left at the end of my current server. It's the Birthday Server.

I guess it's back to Football Manager, which I play with no interaction with other people.

Thank you Rail Nation for helping people's Mental Health during this time of worldwide lockdowns.

• hey, what about this Pollux?

so we all get a career engine(CE) to run, though it’s at wildly various stages for players obviously, now this.

Pollux questions, is it going to replace Primus? Yes, no? If Primus stays thats 3 - THREE engines all devoted to cargo. What was decision based on to not make Pollux a pax train? what was decision to make Pollux not an option between cargo/pax?

Pollux . . Well RN tell us about it, the base numbers? You ask us to discuss but tell us nothing about it.

how does Pollux ‘grow’, who chooses the expansions? Does every expand the exact same way? Or is it random? Player A gets one added to traction, Player B get 5kph, poor Player C gets 5% reliability three times in a row, or is it 3% increments.

‘how does coupling work? Is it automatic like Primus? Or does a player have to click on those 56, or is it 28 x’ 2 vids a day to max out Pollux per era.

so do additions come through watching those ‘56’ vids per day, taking away from chance at lottery tickets, vouchers, gold, etc.

what are max stats on Pollux? Are there max stats per era?

Why is this all a secret?

I bet players who prefer to run solo, or in small Associations are going to love the fact the only way to improve train is watching vids?

do any of you developers actually play this game?