Let's discuss ⚙️ Video engine update

• Never has a truer word been spoken..... so to speak

• Any news about the survey?

Few days in the new servers were way more than enough to evaluate how stupid the limit is, so we can already fill the survey :D

Plenty of unwatched videos in the asso, 28 extra bonus totally useless and nothing to do in the game.

You turned me into one of those players who log in twice a day, good job ;) But there is no really point in wasting time in the game anymore.

I would like to know if I can leave the game soon or there are chances for changing, so pls hurry up!

• My premium expired yesterday, I was already close to the 28th video, but I got my upgrade after 40(!), I didn't reactivate my premium and today I had to go to 32..

• My thoughts are this:

14 bonus videos to get 2 parts is annoying for those of us who don't watch many videos. Twice in a week (which is all I've played on a server with the Pollux) I had to get to 28 to get the 2 updates. Also, although I doubt the cost in resources or net bandwidth is that high per video, not everyone has unmetered or unlimited data.

It's now day 7 of week 1, and I got both upgrades every day. After which the Pollux is a pretty mediocre engine for era 1. It's not as good after all available upgrades as the Red Kite, for example. It's not even as good as the Donkey or Falcon. If this is the way it's going, I think it should get 3 upgrades a day, not 2. With another 7 upgrades, it would be comparable in performance to the better era 1 locos by the end of era 1, provided you got all the upgrades.

I'm also not a big fan of the random way it upgrades. It'd be nice to be able to choose what to upgrade, as with the regular bonus engine.

All in all, not a bad idea but spoiled by unnecessary penny-pinching feel. It costs you nothing (and for all I know, actually makes you money from ads watched) so why not make the Pollux good rather than just-about-average? The way it is, I'm not surprised to hear it being called Bollux already :D

• Hi everyone and CM

Maybe I missed the question. Or he's not here.

The system leave my bonus videos. So even if someone else looks at the video to help me, won't my bonus increase if I don't watch the videos myself?

Or I will ask differently: Do I have to watch videos to get a bonus on my building?

So we watching videos only for profit from rewards and not for increasing bonuses for association members?

In my opinion, when I'm not watching my video, I don't have an increased bonus.

If so, then I feel robbed since the period the Pollux. My videos have always been watched by weaker players who have been rewarded and have increased my bonus from the building. It used to be my profit.

Will you remove my concern that it has reduced my benefits?

• Well with Crankshaft starting and getting my first real jab at this whole thing.

A: I can watch anyone's videos, doesn't seem to work the part about you getting to watch your own lol.

B: once you hit the cap limit in the 24 hours, you can no longer get the bonus video, thus a twist because the advert on the + account says you get a guaranteed bonus video.

So which is it? if I'm not getting my bonus vids anymore then that needs to be removed as a feature from the + account and something added to compensate for that loss.

this is all I've discovered so far

Even if the cap limit is hit, they can watch your video so you get the bonus, but no point now since you can't watch a second video and get a bonus for yourself.

• A - It appears to me, but, I have nothing to confirm this, that once a player has obtained his/her two upgrades their bonuses then become available to everyone. I think what is actually happening needs to be clarified.

B - On the server I play (not Crankshaft) the second video is definitely offered. No change except in the purple presentation before you have your upgrades and the Green after. I have just checked. Is this a bug which is affecting one or more, but not all, servers?

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• A - It appears to me, but, I have nothing to confirm this, that once a player has obtained his/her two upgrades their bonuses then become available to everyone. I think what is actually happening needs to be clarified.

B - On the server I play (not Crankshaft) the second video is definitely offered. No change except in the purple presentation before you have your upgrades and the Green after. I have just checked. Is this a bug which is affecting one or more, but not all, servers?

Once I collect someone's bonus, no vid pops back up, so I think it's working.

as far as b goes? I haven't been able to watch a vid since I capped out. Same with a few others in my group.

currently my Rest is level 2 and cap is 2,625 with out vid, but the vid is greyed out so can't max it out.

all of them are like that, earlier they had the strike through on them and were maxxed out.

• There is a daily video limit. The Plus account feature is not wrong, you are just misinterpreting it.
    If you are eligible for a bonus video, the Plus account guarantees that you will get one. If you don't have Plus account you are not guaranteed to get a bonus video within your daily video limit.

• There is a daily video limit. The Plus account feature is not wrong, you are just misinterpreting it.
    If you are eligible for a bonus video, the Plus account guarantees that you will get one. If you don't have Plus account you are not guaranteed to get a bonus video within your daily video limit.

Ok, the mis-interpreting is a line RN moved. It was not like that initially, but not here to argue that.

What about the other part?

Someone watching them gives you the station bonus, but if everyone is maxxed or doesn't watch them, then no bonus. What exactly was the plan to get around that?

So now people are limited on station bonuses?? That doesn't seem quite right. You should always be able to watch at least 1 to clear the bonus. I get limiting the second video even though I disagree with it.

Later in the game that's alot of Money and free pps that's lost.

Who cares if you in the top assoc that gets all of the workers you want, the rest of us (the silent majority) are scrambling for any and all advantages we can get.

Once a building is maxxed that's

6 pps lost every 2 1/2 hours

60k lost every 4 hours

41.6k lost every 1 1/2 hours

that's 28 clicks for your own account. x2 for the bonus Vids, means you need a min of 56 vids to take care of your OWN account in a 24 hour period, we are capped at 56. Get the worker Morse (faster bonus generation) and it's how many more clicks are needed to monitor your own account?

*edit on number now I see how you arrived at 56. but you made a worker obsolete in the process.

I fail to see the point of being in a big association if you can't compete for workers vs the top association now. The divide from workers is too much to overcome with out some sort of way to counter balance that.

I'm already jumping from assoc to assoc to try to neutralize the worker advantage, what more do people have to do to show you that there is an imbalance, whether it's in the Bidding Tier or the workers themselves.

And now we lose this as well.. Not sure where you are planning to go with all of this.

Seems like you want everyone in a small assoc watching their own videos and having a couple black dots to burn up any left overs before the 24 hour mark hits. I'm really unclear on the selling points here

• I was reading in the Pollux locomotive details about the upgrades of this locomotive and I see that 1 upgrade is declared to gain if I watch first 14 videos in one day. That is not working. Today I was watching 26 videos to get the upgrade. Since I have started my new round only once or twice I have got the upgrade of Pollux with less than 20 videos watched. You have to explain to all players how they can get Pollux upgrades in reality because is so frustrating to watch 30 videos and nothing to happen. Please CM (community manager Oliver) send a feedback with some clarifying information about this. Good luck.

• I was reading in the Pollux locomotive details about the upgrades of this locomotive and I see that 1 upgrade is declared to gain if I watch first 14 videos in one day. That is not working. Today I was watching 26 videos to get the upgrade.

Thats not quite correct. You'll get the upgrade within the first 14 bonusvideos. A bonusvideo is the second video. So worst case is that you'll have to watch overall 28 videos with plus acc. 14 of the first and 14 of the second vids.