Cylinder Head - Emergency maintenance

• This is really truly absurd. And you have treated serious gamers to a disgraceful endgame. Who will compensate for the time lost and if your clock is running, who is adjust it back to the moment it crasehd so that teams behind the frontrunner and who are lucky enough to get online don't get an advantage. Only 25% of our town is online. 6 weeks, gold, hard work all down the drain because of incompetence. Do you really think gamer will stay with you after this? There must be compensation and an absolutely fair restart. Preferably by starting the eg over again wth the same cards the towns who were open had. Is there any technical person there skileld enough to accomplish that?

• This is really truly absurd. And you have treated serious gamers to a disgraceful endgame. Who will compensate for the time lost and if your clock is running, who is adjust it back to the moment it crasehd so that teams behind the frontrunner and who are lucky enough to get online don't get an advantage. Only 25% of our town is online. 6 weeks, gold, hard work all down the drain because of incompetence. Do you really think gamer will stay with you after this? There must be compensation and an absolutely fair restart. Preferably by starting the eg over again wth the same cards the towns who were open had. Is there any technical person there skileld enough to accomplish that?

at this level, they should have a Disaster Recovery strategy/solution.

Also, every technical part should have backups so restore at a point in time should be possible.

But the decision is the most important. Of course they cannot continue this end game like nothing happened.

If so, I suggest all players to park the trains. Simply as that

• Hello everyone,

We are still working on a solution for the issues that are being encountered on COM-05 Cylinder Head (X2), whilst a solution is found the Server has had to be taken offline.

More information about when the Server will be placed online will be posted upfront tomorrow, as will information about compensation.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences these issues have caused to your endgame.

Kind regards,

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• What the idiots running this game don't seem to be able to accept is that it is seriously broken,,,, and not just this server... we have half a team unable to get into another server......US 103.... and Platform X... Einstein has been playing up as well...

WE, the players, keep telling em about these things and overall NOTHING IS DONE TO FIX IT....
    Bodge job after Bodge job.... with the same problems coming up on every recent EG that has run

I think Calamity Jane had the right question...."Is there anyone technically capable of really fixing anything"... The last 12 months has shown us that NO THEY HAVE NOT..

• Not good enough Emziie.... This type of thing happened on Tower bridge very recently... so should have been checked and corrected before this EG started.... Plus other servers are also playing up badly....

You lot must think we are stupid to not notice these things.... All sorts of questions are asked, and ignored, and nothing really done about all sorts on ongoing major problems....

Don't be surprised to see many players vanish from the game, as Travian no longer seem to be able to put out a game that actually works as it should at any time.... never mind during an EG

• 9 am, noon, teatime. GMT, EST??? It would be helpful if we had an estimated time to check the status. And it would also be useful to know if any suitable adjustment, like a complete restart, will be made.

We all have lives and we mostly have set aside time for this end-game which is not happening. We have been left high and dry and waiting without an outline to plan how we will continue.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• 9 am, noon, teatime. GMT, EST??? It would be helpful if we had an estimated time to check the status. And it would also be useful to know if any suitable adjustment, like a complete restart, will be made.

We all have lives and we mostly have set aside time for this end-game which is not happening. We have been left high and dry and waiting without an outline to plan how we will continue.

We cannot currently provide any further information.

Information in relation to the time the Server is able to be placed back online will be provided in advance as soon as we have that information available.

Kind Regards,

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Just received:

"Your Rail Nation Customer Support Agent has resolved your ticket [x]

We hope the issue has been answered to your satisfaction.

You can close your ticket in the portal and give us feedback on our assistance.

Without any action, the ticket will be automatically closed after 48 hours.

Best regards,

Your Rail Nation Customer Support Team"

A separate email says "Further information will be provided in advance tomorrow before the Server is placed back online and information about compensation will also be provided tomorrow." So echoing what Emziie said above

Watch this space I guess....

• problem is I have to go to bed as work in morning, I can't put any engines onto any good or even ax so until I get up in the morning our endgame city is left without people being able to supply it, you can't expect people who work for a living to waiting till god knows what time in the morning to see when it comes off maintenance, problem is this now has sqewed the end game into who ever has people that don't work or are in the pacific time zone, all europeans who work like myself are screwed.

• i must admit i was expecting the server to fall over ,.......it was having bad latency problems before it died ....so it seems the storm i had was a godsend making me shut iall the computers down ......i dont know what they will do because the ''spontaneity will be gone the decisions one makes or would have made are out the window now .....maybe a rollback but to when ?? currently i have the server in my game worlds so all we can do is wait and see ......

• I agree, only salvage has to be roll back, a complete restart. Many had problems right from the start which had a negative influence on their game and therefore the entire city. Anything else will leave us all with a meaningless end game result. Our six weeks of preparation will be pointless.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• problem is I have to go to bed as work in morning, I can't put any engines onto any good or even ax so until I get up in the morning our endgame city is left without people being able to supply it, you can't expect people who work for a living to waiting till god knows what time in the morning to see when it comes off maintenance, problem is this now has sqewed the end game into who ever has people that don't work or are in the pacific time zone, all europeans who work like myself are screwed.

totally agree.