Cylinder Head - Emergency maintenance

• RN Developers a couple of simple questions

• this has happened before in Tower Bridge how long will it take to implement

• what is the plan with the EG now in cylinder head will you roll it back, restart it or expect us to play on

• there is other servers which will start eg soon also is there going to be one almighty cluster dump of players trying to play multiple EGs at the same time

lots of frustrated folks here with minimal communications from RN by that we mean meaningful communications

• I hope that RN will give us compensation in gold or loce for example.

We had the same problem on PTR3 some time ago!

Are the servers too old?

J'espère que RN va nous donner des dédommagements en or ou loce par exemple.

Nous avons eu le même problème sur PTR3 il y a quelques temps !

Les serveurs sont-ils trop vieux ?

• this was posted on a PTR discord channel a while ago

Pia BFToday at 07:57

COM05 has been taken into maintenance and the game state "frozen", so that all players can continue playing exactly where the problems occurred last night, as soon as all problems have been fixed. It's a Little complicated what happened there

• Not a fun way to play an EG but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a roll back and re-start.

But with such terrible covid news in the UK yesterday, my worries are focussed elsewhere. RN is an escape from everything that is happening right now, so I'll keep playing.

• I continue to keep my suggestion

if they choose to NoT restart this end game (rollback) we all have to boycott and park our trains.

Not enough people would actually do that..... I'd go even further and boycott ALL servers until they sort out the need to refresh after 5 or 6 commands on ALL servers, and they make sure that their servers can handle 300 people online for EGs, which at the moment they cannot it seems...

But not enough people would do that either

And as for the report on PTR Discord that it's been frozen from when the problems started last night.... Which problems... The ones that took it down in the first place, or the ones that prevented people getting back in...

If the second one, then that just will prove once and for all how little they care about players, And I will advertise where ever I can as to how Travian treat their customers

• This look like a jam where everybody honk the horn expecting that will solve everything.

Do you really think they want to hold the server? So this is what I really want to know from RN:
    - Are you just trying to fix the server or are you thinking about how to do it fairly? (because resume the game won´t help to settle things down).

- Are you just trying to fix the server or are you checking where it fails and prevent to happend again in this or another server?

As I said there is no point in complain when the game crash, now they are trying to solve THIS problem. But the game has many, and if we don´t want to live another crash, we need to complain AFTER the server is fixed.

The lack of information is however unnaceptable. Many players organize his life to play EG with plenty of time, so if you are thinking about restart the EG today, that won´t work for many of them. You want to create a community here, so use ti: ask what the people think is the best solution. If you want constructive thoughts, stop treating people like bots, because what I can see is that this is a garbage dump where players pour their frustrations and the staff never really answer anything (maybe they don´t know "further information" but then just say it).

• As I said there is no point in complain when the game crash, now they are trying to solve THIS problem. But the game has many, and if we don´t want to live another crash, we need to complain AFTER the server is fixed.

The lack of information is however unnaceptable. Many players organize his life to play EG with plenty of time, so if you are thinking about restart the EG today, that won´t work for many of them. You want to create a community here, so use ti: ask what the people think is the best solution. If you want constructive thoughts, stop treating people like bots, because what I can see is that this is a garbage dump where players pour their frustrations and the staff never really answer anything (maybe they don´t know "further information" but then just say it).

We complained during and after when similar things happened on Tower Bridge a week or so back... And look where it got us... Absolutely nowhere....
    We know before they do if the server is likely to crash... But we are only the paying customers... Why should they listen to us

• We complained during and after when similar things happened on Tower Bridge a week or so back... And look where it got us... Absolutely nowhere....
    We know before they do if the server is likely to crash... But we are only the paying customers... Why should they listen to us

maybe stop paying will make the problems more noticed

• is this eg over in effect???? lost cylinder head off my worlds and shame is i worked bloody hard this era, never was gonna win but hey never been top 200 before pls admin advise wats going on

• It's the second server who is crashing at the final, you have let down flash for html and don't understand why the don't working. cool

Every hours the pc crashes because ram and swap are full, we stopp and replay 300 go enter to the pc, at the final it's all 15 mn , the server cannot give so to go,

300 go X4X 1000= 1200000 go/hour

the program is not good, rail-nation is for trains, not for aéroplans as Boeing.

• So much for an update in the morning.... Europe runs on UTC +1, so it is now afternoon... AND NO UPDATE...

Totally unacceptable.

Are you really sure you want an update from RN?

You should know by now that the update in most cases is even more disappointing then the issue itself.

If you must insist, I can give you a headsup:

"We are very sorry for your inconvience.

As a compensation we give each player on COM05:

- 1 free voucher to pick up all trainspotter

- 1 big middle finger"

There are 10 types of people in this world:

Those who understand binary and those who don't

Edited once, last by Bonfire™ ().