Consumption level on Origin Journey

• But that's not fair because city population should be taken into consideration, not server population, won't you agree?

You missunderstood. Server population isn't a factor into the calculation of the consumption. But if a server is more populated individual cities have more players too. And cities level faster cause there are more players hauling. And then the dynamic cunsumption calculation increases the consumption. Especially the time component hurts. You'll the a big difference of the consumption in your city at level 3 between day 2 and day 3 of the era.

• You missunderstood. Server population isn't a factor into the calculation of the consumption. But if a server is more populated individual cities have more players too. And cities level faster cause there are more players hauling. And then the dynamic cunsumption calculation increases the consumption. Especially the time component hurts. You'll the a big difference of the consumption in your city at level 3 between day 2 and day 3 of the era.

I understood that part, meaning that the server population = cities level faster = increased consumption, and again it's not fair and let me give you an example:

1. A coastal city with 30 active players struggle to take a city from level 3 to 4.

2. An inland city with 50 players, overcrowded, struggle to take a city from level 3 to 4.

While we could argue if the inland city deserves or doesn't deserve to struggle, the coastal city DEFINITELY DOESN'T deserve to struggle just because some cities are overcrowded and could level faster.

It's Platform X all over again. Let the overwcrowded cities struggle but let the smaller cities win with tactics. Don't level the play field just because quantity over quality.

• Um,

1. Its just the usual consumption rule. Nothing was changed. It seems like you are just not used to more populated cities in era 1 which level faster. I had the first experience like that years ago on a german server.

2. The smaller city has a lower consumption because it has fewer players.

3. Era 1 has 14 days. You don't need level 4 at day 2.

• Um,

1. Its just the usual consumption rule. Nothing was changed. It seems like you are just not used to more populated cities in era 1 which level faster. I had the first experience like that years ago on a german server.

2. The smaller city has a lower consumption because it has fewer players.

3. Era 1 has 14 days. You don't need level 4 at day 2.

It seems like we're talking to each other without knowing the facts. Right now Lake Constance has 187 online players, that's like Firebox give or take, so the consumption should be the same, right? Well no, it's not, as you can see.

The smaller city DOESN'T have a lower consumption, I've literally said it's 25% (or maybe a bit higher, haven't checked lately), for what? 30 players?

Era 1 has 14 days, yes, but whether we want to push it to level 4 or not it's irrelevant, what's relevant it's the unjust consumption rate, that's the subject here.

• I really don't get why people aren't simply honest, that's what bugs me. Why is it hard to come and say: "yes, the consumption rate is higher than regular servers". We could have closed the subject right there, or maybe open a separate debate on whether that's necessary or not.

Also , this is another case of debating a subject between us, the users, without actually having an say in the matter. I don't even know why I keep trying.

• Origin isn't an express server this time.

Normally you should level the cities every second day and not faster. If you want to level it faster, the consumption stops you. Doesn't matter what kind of server.

And hilti is right, it's the same on all servers.

• Origin isn't an express server this time.

Normally you should level the cities every second day and not faster. If you want to level it faster, the consumption stops you. Doesn't matter what kind of server.

And hilti is right, it's the same on all servers.

On Firebox I've literally taken our city to level 4 on day 2 of era 1. Nowhere near the same consumption.

This is the SAME consumption level as Platform X. Do a forum search and see how many players noticed that straight off the bat.

• And let me tell you something else you're not getting here. On Platform X there was a different method of calculating the active players, meaning that an active player was considered only if he delivered at least 1 ton of cargo to the city.

On Origin an active player is considered if he has at least 20 prestige and has been online in the past 3 days.

Considering that we have the same consumption on Origin as we had on Platform X, an inland city will have ALL ITS CONNECTED players counted towards consumption, regardless if they hauled cargo to the city or not.

How is that fair?!

• On another OJ server which is still on day 3 they have more players and much higher levels

You also do worse than a classic server that has a similar number of players.

• I´m on Regulator in Landsbach and on Bodensee in Fulda.

In Fulda we delivered around 3 hours wood in the City, up to 5k tons, the max amount in the City.

Wood always went green around 4.7k tons, we couldnt lower the needed amount. Seems to me its much harder then on Regulator, a Klassikserver.

On Regulator we pushed with the same amount of people the goods in the green. Ok, in Fulda are more people who own Bonusloks. On normal maps it makes the work easier.

For me the consumption seems different to a Klassikserver, but i don´t know how and how to handle that. :-)

• Well, we have 30% consumption on every good we must haul, until get 4 level. With our ravens we cant haul more and had to wait 1 day(all players on server) until consumption fall to 20% or close. When we get 5 its repeat, but we had to wait 2 days. I can say falling consumption is 0.14% per tick on 4 and 0.04% per tick on 5 levels. Seems normal for me, pace leveling is too fast, and appearance consumption 30% for 12 hours is ok.

• We just leveled to 4 in Fulda on Bodensee, wood and grain still needed more then 4,7k tons to turn green. So no drop in needed amount even when it was green before.

In some hours the Newbie time-bonus disappears, so probably no chance for other Cities to level up.

• I can confirm, like other have already said, that after 3 days the consumption reduces, but I really don't understand why this penalty in the first place.

Sure, players can go frenzy with leveling but it takes some coordination, it's not that easy to level a city and it takes around 20 players to hit level 4 (and that's difficult to have with the overcrowded functionality). And those players need to have their engine house almost level 7, and also have at least a +1 tractive force Raven, engines be serviced, players hauling Boards and Cattle direct.

So you see, many conditions needed to level a city to 4, no need for this consumption penalty.

Furthermore, if Rail Nation is concerned that a group of players may start to level 3-4 cities with good coordination, the main roadblock isn't consumption, it's the track production and track costs. Granted, that can be overcome with money (turned into gold), but doesn't Rail Nation want money?