Circumventing the 24 hours time ban when joining an association

• I just want to know one thing, and while the players are free to discuss and debate this, I ask someone from the support team to shed some light over this trick.

We all know if I join a team, there's a 24 hours timeban before I can join another team. But there's a trick here, if I join a team and get dismissed by a deputy or the chair, I can immediately join another team.

Is this a known issue? Or is this intentionally allowed in the game? It's a simple yes and no question so please indulge me (and the players that may share the same curiosity).

Thank you.

• Hi /Mihai - if the situation is not as following as previously described to you by Saphirus, please report this to Support via a ticket, as it should not be possible to join two or more associations within a 24 hour period unless you are creating your own Associations, and we can ask our Technical Team to look into the issue.

Exploiting the game to gain unfair advantage

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Regards,

Emziie.

Wake up with determination. Go to bed with satisfaction. <3

• Hey Emziie,

The situation is not as was Saphirus described, that is why I suggested a solution. Further down the road naike even explicitly said pretty much what I've said again, just now, without involving the player creating his own association. But I guess the information got lost in the thread.

Regardless, I have opened a support ticket with this issue and provided the support team with the steps to reproduce it.

But I will say this, the time penalty mechanic is improperly designed. Instead of having the time penalty applied when you JOIN a team, it should apply when you LEAVE/GET DISMISSED from a team.

Try to think it logically, if I join a team, I intend to stay, so the 24 hours time ban doesn't really concern me. But when I leave a team or get dismissed, I might have benefited from the workers that team might have had, so allowing me to immediately join another team in this scenario isn't really fair to the other players.

Having the time ban applied upon leaving/getting dismissed covers not only the initial exploit but the one that I've described above.

• I think the distinction of whether you voluntarily left or were dismissed by the chair/deputy should be considered.
    I joined an association, and the association dismisses me.

Why should I incur a penalty when I did nothing wrong?

I would have stayed had it not been for the association's officers actions.
    Therefore if you are dismissed there should be no penalty.

• This is intentional, not a bug. If you get kicked you should be able to join another corp right away.

This is to protect players from unfair treatment by corp chairs and duputies.

According to what I know, this has always been the case.

Does it also open up a loophole to get kicked 'on purpose'?

Yes

But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

The 24 hour rule was to prevent frequent corp 'jumping' to take advantage of better workers elsewhere, that's all.

There is no other reason to want to keep jumping / changing corp.

And to be honest, this jumping was a bit overrated anyway, it hardly happens anymore once the third slot is opened.

So, we are now discussing and creating new rules, to avoid loopholes to long existing rules that should not really be in place to begin with.

This is getting a bit ridiculous :/.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• I just tested this - your timer is not removed if you are kicked out of the association. This was never part of the design either.
    The only exception to the 24h rule is the founding our your own associations. You can always found your own association, despite of having a timer or not. Also, the founding of your own association doesn't trigger a timer.

• I'd rather introduce a 24h protection for new recruits. Chairs and deputies should not be able to dismiss them during this period.

Also, the timer should be reduced to 12 and 6 hours on 2x and 4x servers respectively.

My 10c ;)

Gambei

• I dunno Saphirus, we may be looking at 2 completely different games. I can recall specifically getting kicked 'on purpose' many times during the last few years, in order to join another corp immediately. There may have been a 'timer' somewhere but it had 0 effect. More recently this happened last round, not on purpose and I was also able to join another corp immediately.

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much!

• I just tested this - your timer is not removed if you are kicked out of the association. This was never part of the design either.
    The only exception to the 24h rule is the founding our your own associations. You can always found your own association, despite of having a timer or not. Also, the founding of your own association doesn't trigger a timer.

I dunno Saphirus, we may be looking at 2 completely different games. I can recall specifically getting kicked 'on purpose' many times during the last few years, in order to join another corp immediately. There may have been a 'timer' somewhere but it had 0 effect. More recently this happened last round, not on purpose and I was also able to join another corp immediately.

As far as I know you could always join a new corporation when you are kicked out of an asso. In that case there never was a timer of 24 hour for joining a new asso or founding your own.

Do you leave volunteerly and wasn't part of the asso 24 hours or longer you can't join a new asso or start an own asso. The last one happened to me when I was leaving an asso after the first login at the start of a server (used the pre registration) to found my own asso. I had to wait also 24 hours to do that.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• The only timerban there is, is joining another(sekond) association within a 24 hours.

Regardless You leave or get kicked.

You can ALLWAYS make a new Asso.. , but the timerban works another 24hours before you can join another asso

• Well, /Mihai just showed me that it is indeed possible to join another association within 24h of joining the first by getting kicked.
    I just cannot reproduce it the way he showed me, but that might be due to another issue.
    I will discuss this feature with our game design department and see if any changes can or should be made, also in regards to the timer lenght on other speed settings.

• Good, that is how it should work anyway, no timer after being kicked.

Think of for instance, worst case scenario, a corp kicks you just before the start of the end game.

Your entire round will be destroyed if you can't quickly join another corp.

• Good, that is how it should work anyway, no timer after being kicked.

Think of for instance, worst case scenario, a corp kicks you just before the start of the end game.

Your entire round will be destroyed if you can't quickly join another corp.

We used to do that back in the day, with disobediant players.Technically we can still do it right before the EG phase begins.

That doesn't matter if you have been member of the corp for at least 24 hours.

We used to do that back in the day, with disobediant players.Technically we can still do it right before the EG phase begins.

Been there, done that ^^

And still doing so if necessary.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• Just read the above thread.

There is a bug which kicks a player immediately they join using an invitation. This is known to support, i have seen messages regarding this problem. This is very unfair to any player affected and to the team they are joining. Support should have a way to over-ride the 24 hour countdown, which they don't, when it is obvious that this has occurred. It is especially damaging to players on x2 and x4.

And, I absolutely agree that the times should be in proportion for x2 and x4 servers.

In a similar situation to the above; Every round I have a queue of waiting players and a number of "empty slots" for 3 days. On a x2 server this is nearly half an era or 8.5% of the game round. This is far too long. I do not want players on my team who log in every half era, so, why can't I kick them and get in someone active? A quarter era, as on a normal server would be reasonable.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)