Hi everyone, I'm Oliver and I am your new Community Manager

• Hello everyone,

apart from the fact that I have already posted a few announcements on the Forum as well as on our Discord, I wanted to introduce myself to the community and give you all the opportunity to ask some questions.

My name is Oliver and as some of you might have already noticed, I am your new additional Community Manager for the International servers.

I'm currently based in Berlin, Germany, 20 years old and I am basically a gaming and esports enthusiast. With that being said, I am also a volunteer Administrator in the ESL. I like playing games, especially just exploring the depths of game development. Besides that, I also enjoy being a Graphic Designer quite thoroughly, as I work as a Design Freelancer along the way.

I'm incredibly honoured to have the pleasure to support the community and I hope to help you to the best of my ability in the coming future. I am looking forward to our joint journey and to get to know you all.

Take care and stay on track;)

RN Flawless

• Hi Oliver, welcome.

First I was surprized to read about "new CM", but then I noticed that "new addional". So nEwW is not gone, you are two now for the English speaking community.

Plus: you and I can both claim as JFK did decades ago: "I am a Berliner"

Though I still miss your predecessor Samisu and his creative ideas to keep us active, to give answers and get desired information, I am happy to notice you are a team now, two of you, so this will become a great journey.

So, have a great start, enjoy a great community full of enthusiasm, creativity and suggestions ... but most of all: HAVE FUN!

Frei nach Führungscoach Sandra von Oehsen. Zwei Fragen, die sich Unternehmen stellen sollten:

Was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen?

Und was können unsere Kunden von uns lernen, was sie gar nicht lernen sollen?

• Hi Oliver, welcome.

I am looking for an answer to the question:

which locomotives are represented in tehe RN logo.

I want to make this logo in 3D.

Polish support is silent as if they did not know.

Maybe you can help me.

Greetings

• If you're in graphic design, maybe you can help get my pet complaint fixed:

The graphical appearance of the engines in-game is flawed in 2 annoying ways:

1) The scale of various engines is wrong. Some look huge, some look small. The early era engines ARE smaller, but some later era ones look tiny, like the new Pollux which in real life is BIG. Could do with revisiting all the loco models and adjusting them to all the same scale.

2) most of the steam locos with tenders are not shown with their tender. The few that are, the whole loco+tender moves as one unit. (again, the Pollux). The exception is the steam passenger trains, which have tenders where appropriate and work correctly.

It's not important to gameplay, of course. But it should also be a pretty easy fix - I know the game can cope with freight/cargo engines with a pivot in as there are some 2-unit diesels which articulate correctly.

• Hello Kelot,

Thank you for the interesting question!
    unfortunately I can not recall the individual locomotives from memory, but I am more than willing to figure it out for you;) Your idea is great and I am sure we can help you out with it to a certain extent.

Considering the request, however, this will likely require a tad bit of time, therefore I would kindly ask you to remain patient yet until I have some proper answers and information that I can share with you all.:thumbup:

Take care and stay safe!

Sincerely,
    RN Flawless

• Hello Llewelyn1966,

this is an interesting subject as well, thank you for informing us!
    Although I must admit, this is more related to Game Design and 3D Modeling in terms of game development, but feedback from community is always appreciated:)

I will see to get this proposal discussed internally and if viable forwarded to the developers, but since this also requires some time, please remain patient until we have some more news to share concerning this game related attribute:thumbup:

Until then, take care and stay safe!

Best regards,
    RN Flawless

• Thanks for the quick reply.

I will wait

• Welcome!

We wish you a pleasant journey

And we hope you will make RN Flawless 8o

• I was reading in the Pollux locomotive details about the upgrades of this locomotive and I see that 1 upgrade is declared to gain if I watch first 14 videos in one day. That is not working. Today I was watching 26 videos to get the upgrade. Since I have started my new round only once or twice I have got the upgrade of Pollux with less than 20 videos watched. You have to explain to all players how they can get Pollux upgrades in reality because is so frustrating. Please send a feedback with some clarifying information about this. Good luck.

• I was reading in the Pollux locomotive details about the upgrades of this locomotive and I see that 1 upgrade is declared to gain if I watch first 14 videos in one day. That is not working. Today I was watching 26 videos to get the upgrade. Since I have started my new round only once or twice I have got the upgrade of Pollux with less than 20 videos watched. You have to explain to all players how they can get Pollux upgrades in reality because is so frustrating. Please send a feedback with some clarifying information about this. Good luck.

Please read carefully, it was also explained in several threads.
    It says that you are guaranteed to get updates in the first 14 BONUS videos. Not in any video.
    Only bonus videos give you upgrades, and that's why without a Plus account it can take 30-50-even80 videos to watch in total to get an upgrade.

• Hi there,

your 3D model so far is looking really good, I can only imagine the vast efforts that have been put into creating something fantastic and outstanding like this^^

I'm still in the process of figuring out the locomotives depicted on the logo and I'm trying to not give any false information thus it takes quite long, so please excuse this :thumbup:
    You should receive an answer soon, thank you for remaining patient.

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
    RN Flawless

• thank you for the kind word

I am aware that this locomotive does not correspond to any existing one.

I am waiting for information

Hi Kelot,

after thorough research I have found following information. However please be aware that these are not the engines used in the RN Logo, but merely resemble them, therefore the locomotives depicted might only be accurate to a certain extent.

The Steam engine could be based on "Baureihe 52" (The Elephant in the game)

Baureihe 52 - Wikipedia

The Diesel engine could be based on a US model (Osiris in the game)

EMD SD Serie - Wikipedia

The 3rd engine is quite tricky. But for the SoE trailer it was maybe the Sapsan (Minerva in the game)

Sapsan - Wikipedia

Hopefully, this information helps you to further build upon your current progress and I am curious to see some more of this outstanding project in the future!😉

Sincerely,

RN Flawless

• Hi RN Flawers,

thank you for your research, commitment and time.

Your answer confirms my assumptions.

I was hoping that the logo would not be such an artistic improvisation.

I have already found the EMD SD series.

The third engine is the French version of the TGV and the TMST Eurostar is best suited to it.

The biggest problem was the second locomotive with such characteristic front lighting and the shape of the driver's cabin.

The EMD SD has side exits at the front of the cabin that are not included in the logo.

I think the GE AC4400CW is more similar. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ge_ac4400cw)

However, if I make a model according to the current locomotives, I am afraid that I will lose the character of those with the logo.

Perhaps I will combine the elements of the existing locomotives with the characteristic elements of the locomotive with the logo. Similar to the locomotive shown above.

The cabin corresponds to the drawing with the logo, and the rest of the parts are a free interpretation of the elements of the AC4400.

Anyway, I'm getting to work.

Thanks again for your help.

greetings

P.S.

I mean such a free interpretation as the one below EMD SD.

Hope it reflects the character of the first locomotive to bear the logo.

loko pierwsze 1

Edited 2 times, last by Kelot: P.S. I mean such a free interpretation as the one below EMD SD. Hope it reflects the character of the first locomotive to bear the logo. https://streamable.com/kija2w ().