What is an insult?

• Hello everyone, can you clarify me this doubt I have because I think I'm not understanding whate changed with the New Rules.

If I'm talking to someone and in the middle of the conversation I say to him "go to hell" (well, probably not an ealthy conversation). Is that an insult??

on other hand.

If I'm talking to someone and in the middle of the conversation I say to him "you are a cry baby" (well, probably not an ealthy conversation again). Is that an Insult??

I would like to have a Imparcial answer from any Rail Nation team member.

Thanks

• They are both insults, likely to get you a ban. Or even a corp deletion 5 days before the end game.

You will get no clearly defined rules, it is all up to the CM, whatever he or she 'feels' is insulting.

If a player complains, it will probably be regarded as breaking the rules.

The only answer from RN team member has been in the forum who posted a very general 'guideline':

"Don't be a jerk". That's all. The new rules now allow anyone and everyone to snitch on other players for any and all reasons, if you break their majority they can report you, if you steal their bonus train, they can report you, if you screw up happy hour, they can (and likely will) report you. And the CM if receiving several tickets will likely punish you, no jury, no judge, no appeal, no 'impartiality' that you are looking for. It has already happened several times.

The system of reporting and punishing is now a complete joke, misused and abused and completely at the whim of the CM with no oversight, control or clearly defined rules. Just an open mandate to dish out punishments whenever they like. And this is how they want it, it will not change.

Best thing you can do, is to just not communicate anymore with anyone outside of your own corp.

I had to do this unfortunately.

• Rmtcp, you said it yourself in the original question, "(well, probably not an ealthy conversation)."

If you think it is not healthy, it very likely isn't so don't say it. Simple.

Having said that there are times when "Go to Hell" is probably healthier than a reply I have frequently itched to give, especially to one particular player whose excessively arrogant behaviour, which upsets a huge number of players on the server I play, seems to be acceptable according to the rules.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Rmtcp, you said it yourself in the original question, "(well, probably not an ealthy conversation)."

If you think it is not healthy, it very likely isn't so don't say it. Simple.

Having said that there are times when "Go to Hell" is probably healthier than a reply I have frequently itched to give, especially to one particular player whose excessively arrogant behaviour, which upsets a huge number of players on the server I play, seems to be acceptable according to the rules.

And "you are a cry baby" Can't be offensive in the same situation??

• I've actually been chat banned with out a warning for posting in my city forum that if you break one of my Majo's expect retaliation. Good enough for a 24 hour ban, so I don't bother telling people now why I broke their majo, they just report what I say as "unsportsman like" conduct for interfering with their game flow, even though they broke my majo first and "interrupted" my game flow, ironic eh?

So it all depends on the loose translation of the mod on the server deems as "unsportsmanlike conduct".

basically, you will never get a clear answer

• I'd also want to point out that threatening a player with a report, even if only in a private message, is sanctionable (at least for me it was). So you might want to have this in mind when dealing with a player who may or may not break the rules.

Might as well straight up report it and avoid any interactions, much like Dutcher suggested.

• And "you are a cry baby" Can't be offensive in the same situation??

Of course, Rcmp, I was not intending to be specific. I just picked on the one as it mirrored a recent, and long term, ongoing and unresolved situation.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• So if that's true what you're saying here, if someone reported me and the person taking care doesn't like me, I can be sanctioned just because I said "sorry, I toke your majority".

Or if the person who reports me is the same person that will take care of the report but with diferent nick name at the game.

That can really happen????

If yes, with some "friends" I found during this time playing, I can be banned just because I said "Hi"...

What a joke.

• Hello.
    I understand that you wanted to see the opinion of other players on it, but according to the forum rules, discussions regarding specific game actions are not to be posted in the forum. Thank you for your understanding.

I would like to explain and remind you, that all players have to behave nicely and friendly to each other all the time.
    If you break the rule, you can be punished.
    How severe the insult might be, and how many times you have been warned before, etc. might be taken into account for the length of the ban.

We can´t provide information and details on specific cases on the forum, only the support can explain the specific case to you.

I´m closing the thread now.

Sincerely,
    Your Rail Nation Team.