Reduce the reservation time for pre-registrations

• The reservation time for pre-registered team members is far too long. On a normal length server it is too long. But on a X2 server this time is effectively doubled. As a chair, unless there is exceptional reason, I do want back a player who starts 3 days late. But, kicking them if they eventually turn up causes resentment.

The biggest problem with this is that the association appears to have vacancies and we get applicants who become frustrated with waiting while the clock is ticking. We lose many good players this way. Three days is 1/14th. part of the entire game on X2 and those first few days are extremely important to get the association and the city off to a successful start.

Please consider changing this restriction, I would suggest 24 hours for X2 and 48 hours for X1.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

Edited once, last by Rhoswen: A single character mis-keyed. changed 1/13th to 1/14th ().

• Sorry Rhoswen I don't agree with you on this.

Real life happens, things change, someone may have had something come up which prevents them getting some quiet time to get to restart on a few server.

After playing together for 3 months (or 6 weeks on x 2) I feel the least we can do is give players a day or two to restart if they need it (or over the weekend if it's close to the weekend).

Our members are loyal to us, many of us have played together for some time now and I am certainly not so quick to replace them with new applications (some of who just want to come for an easy win, though thankfully this isn't the case of all new applications).

Our members, are all valued members of the team and if something has happened in real life to delay them restarting, I am prepared to be patient about it.

• I am confused and do not understand the OP, maybe things have changed in the last 90-days. On the last round of US103 (x2), pre-registration did not start until the end game started and ended about 24-hours after the end game ended which was about a day and half after it ended and the sever was taken offline (the pre-registration period was about 60-hours). When we came back last week on Era 1 Day 1 the slots only filled up once someone who had pre-registered came back online. As Chair, I did not see any slots that were 'reserved' as I know we have a couple players who do not play Era 1, but pre-registered.

• You cannot place a different player in a pre-registered slot for 3 days. This means that if someone does not return, even when you know they will not return, the slot has to remain open unilt the start od day 4. If someone pre-registers but does not come back until era 2 you may well have filled their slot.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• You cannot place a different player in a pre-registered slot for 3 days. This means that if someone does not return, even when you know they will not return, the slot has to remain open unilt the start od day 4. If someone pre-registers but does not come back until era 2 you may well have filled their slot.

Odd this doesn't seemed to have applied with the latest round as we never had an issue with not enough open slots. Of course two player immediately left the corp as they had pre-registered in Jacksonville even though we are based in Albuquerque.