Do NOT mention association names or be "joyful" else you'll get banned.

• This is a new one for me. You are no longer permitted to mention another association/player or express a positive attitude or you will get banned. Here's the official 24 hour ban reason:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for your message.

The server in which this sanction is for is [redacted] , I will give you some examples of the comments that you have posted that have led to this sanction and I would like to advise that you stop discussing [redacted] or referring to them, and the same with [redacted] as this will be seen as harassment of the Player and the Association. 'Maybe their next name change should be [redacted] #2! 5555555!' 'Awww... how CUTE! [redacted] , now the [redacted] , love us and what to be like the [redacted] SO much, they changed their Association Name and

have a logo to match ours. I think I'm shedding a tear of joy. 55555!'

Please consider how you speak to and about other Players in the future as further sanctions place your account at risk of being permanently banned from Rail Nation.

If you have any further questions or other issues to report, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Wow. Be careful out there! Moderators can consider anything they want as "harassment."

• Just another way of saying that they don’t want anyone’s feelings to be hurt. We all know this is the age of the super sensitive people. They wear their feelings on their sleeves.

We don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, we want to be all inclusive and not upset anyone. Because their brain might short circuit.

If you’re going to play this game be an adult about it. If you don’t win then try harder next time. If you get called out for being a jerk accept the fact that you’re a and what you’re doing is not okay with another group of players.

If you’re called out for cheating accept the fact that you’re a cheater and the majority of the people that play this game are not okay with that.

For crying out loud support and community managers stop holding people’s hands and babying them. If they can’t handle someone or a group of players calling them out for something then they have no business playing this game.

If they get offended because they are being a jerk or being selfish. I would hate to see how they act in real life. I would love to be a fly on the wall when their boss or manager jumps all over them because they screwed up.

It would be so much fun to watch them cowering in a corner sucking their thumb and crying for mommy.

I guess the current generation of young adults are a bunch of babies who never were made to grow up

• We need to keep in mind this game is an international community, some words or expressions can be having totaly different meanings. In one language a common used word or expression and in another language an insult.

What is exactly used for names isn't visible in the thread creaters post so nobody else can judge the ban if it's ok or not. And in my experience you have to go pretty far out of line to get a ban.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• We need to keep in mind this game is an international community, some words or expressions can be having totaly different meanings. In one language a common used word or expression and in another language an insult.

What is exactly used for names isn't visible in the thread creaters post so nobody else can judge the ban if it's ok or not. And in my experience you have to go pretty far out of line to get a ban.

The redacted association names are just that. Association names. The first redaction is the game world. The reason is because I was warned that if I used those association name in game chat, even if they are not in the region, I could face a possible permanent ban. So I didn't want to chance getting a ban for uttering the association name here. As the moderator said... "I would like to advise that you stop discussing [redacted] or referring to them," Have I gone too far out of line to mention an association who are not even in the region? I guess I have.

• Your comments read pretty sarcastic. I suspect that is the issue in this situation.

BTW ‘Nine Inch Rails’ on Broadway are a fine group of haulers.

Let us see if someone takes action on my comment

Depends on the situation.
    If the OP has been harassing the association by constantly talking about them, memeing about them etc. it can be considered over the line, and support could act on that.
    Your statement is without context just a random statement which can be positive or negative.

Everything needs context. We won´t discuss the specific contexts for cases handled by the support team publicly.

If a player thinks he was unjustly warned or sanctioned, he can raise a protest via email at: complaints@traviangames.com

Sincerely,
    nEwW

• Evil Negan

Most likely, your moderator has a buddy in the association you write about and therefore reacts this way.

We had similar examples with us, including canceling the auction after a few hours and "recognizing" the winning game in which the supporters' friends of that time were playing.

We also had venomous players who directly stated that they are playing on some foreign server raze with the current supporter and no one will do anything to him ...

I thought that only with us such miracles ...

You can boldly write that any assotiation does this or that, because it is only a description of the fact.

It doesn't violate any GDPR or anything else in any way, and it certainly isn't a harassment.

It is different if you list things that did not happen.

And do not worry, such supporters do not warm up places in the support for a long time.

They spoil the image of the company and the game and quickly end up in the dustbin of the history of the game.

• We take any actions even if by support or CM team which are inappropriate seriously, therefore please raise the complaint via the email above and attach all proofs you have.

In case you don´t wish to raise a complaint and you have no proof, please refrain from stating such things about other players or RN staff on public forums / discord / world chats.

• nEwW

The complaint was filed with the evidence supporting our support and ... that was the end of the matter.

If you'd like to learn more, check out my case study and my supporter's response to what I have described.

You have everything in your logs!

I'm not going to keep silent about something that happened and you may not know it.

It rained here yesterday, did you know that?

Will you also forbid me to write that it was raining just because you did not get wet?

And for the future, check first, then scare because it was so weak.

• Depends on the situation.
    If the OP has been harassing the association by constantly talking about them, memeing about them etc. it can be considered over the line, and support could act on that.

Last Origin server I reported few players from the same association exactly with this situation, I updated that report several times with more information and proves. As far as I saw all those players from that association played all round till the end and kept harassing my association and players and even named some players from my association not only in the city where we were playing but different cities also, breaking majorities saying "it was for the competition" (for me it's clear that this players doesn't care about the game play of others, usually we call it selfish).

So Kelot you're not alone

• I think this ban was totally correct. Even if you have sensored the actual names here, it is pretty obvious that you wrote this with (too much) sarcasm.

A bit of fun can be ok in a game, but you don't know the other person/persons. What is just fun for you Evil Negan might be insult for others.

I have been clearly insulted in this game before, and nothing was done, so I am happy to see the game now takes some action.

• Jarlen76

You are confusing different extremely different concepts.

The description of the situation is something else, e.g .:

"Kelot took over the majority of shares in the factory yesterday"

It is a description of what happened and in no way offensive to anyone.

Another thing is the opinion about this event, for example:

"Kelot blocked our promotion of the city, because he took over shares in a factory from which we could not transport a lot of goods quickly"

This opinion is also not subject to any limitations because it expresses the writer's opinion about this situation.

It does not necessarily correspond to the objective truth, but everyone has the right to express their opinion and no one can forbid him to do so.

It is different when someone writes, for example:

"Kelot is a thief because he stole our profits by blocking the promotion of the city, because he took over the majority of the company"

It's not just offensive anymore, directly to the person.

It sounds like a slander.

But.

For a post to be considered offensive, a person must be offended.

The supporter himself cannot decide whether a given entry offends someone, because he does not know what mutual connections these people have, but this is a completely different and long topic.

The supporter may, however, state that a player who uses his capabilities in the game in accordance with the assumptions of this game, even those that other players do not like (eg investments) cannot be called a "thief".

In this case, the support should react "ex officio."

• Quote from Kelot

For a post to be considered offensive, a person must be offended.

It follows, if a post has been brought to the attention of support, a person was offended! Support must then decide if the offensive post is sufficiently offensive to warrant a sanction.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Rhoswen

Of course.

Unfortunately, it is sometimes otherwise in justified cases.

But there may be another situation:

In the example given above, in the first fall, where only the event is described, the person about whom it was written can send hundreds of notifications to the support, and support should not do anything, because the description of the situation cannot offend anyone.

Or if a game crashes and someone describes it, then no one in charge of the game should be offended by the description.

Described the fact is still a fact and not for anyone insulting

• But Kelot we are talking of 2 totally different matters, I commented on the very first post from Evil Negan

I just bring 1 of his examples here: Maybe their next name change should be [redacted] #2! 5555555!

This can totally be understood as offensive, as we can only imagine what his suggestion for name change was.

I have not discussed your matters at all Kelot

• Jarlen76

ok

and I replied to your post, I guess I'm allowed?

Maybe I misspelled something in English and it was misunderstood.

I wanted to show that not every entry can be treated as an insult.

I used my nickname in the examples to keep someone else misinterpreting "offense" :-)

I hope that I also showed that everyone has the right to express their opinion, whether someone likes it or not.