Hot-Seating, should it be legal?

• Ok. So Jack has a brother Jim. For whatever reason, they are available at different times. For the sake of argument, Jack is in Europe and Jim is in Australia.

By coincidence, they have a cousin in Italy.

They are able to play actively non-stop for three months.

NON STOP! without any fatigue!

As one account, they are unbeatable on any server, they will not play with money spent on the game.

But if they want to spend money, they don't have to spend much on the game, it is enough that everyone buys 1200 gold at the beginning of the era.

It's no cost for them, and no one has any chance of competing with this "one" acount in three players.

But that's not a problem !!!!!!!

nEwW, I suggest you go to the server where such a multiplayer account is playing and take the challenge. Win a round (if it is at all possible in such a situation), then tell us how much money you had to spend to balance the game of three players on one account and still win!

Maybe then you can spot the problem.

For sure, the company will give you back the money spent, because you will be acting in their interest to have knowledge to improve the game.

• nEwW, I suggest you go to the server where such a multiplayer account is playing and take the challenge. Win a round (if it is at all possible in such a situation), then tell us how much money you had to spend to balance the game of three players on one account and still win!

I think you just touched the right place "how much money you had to spend"..

I think there's not much to say....

More, more and even more a Pay to Win game...

• Well, its just like in Travian. Dual-accs (two players playing the same acc) were quite usual there. And even tripple- or quad-accs. I knew some back than and I played an acc with a friend too.

I guess the rules were just copied from Travian. But I don't know Dual-accs in Rail Nation. Not enough to do in this game for that. :-D Ok someone for the time while I sleep would be convinient.

• Well, its just like in Travian. Dual-accs (two players playing the same acc) were quite usual there. And even tripple- or quad-accs. I knew some back than and I played an acc with a friend too.

I guess the rules were just copied from Travian. But I don't know Dual-accs in Rail Nation. Not enough to do in this game for that. :-D Ok someone for the time while I sleep would be convinient.

:saint::?: Nobody here listening, I am sure :!: Which server are you on Hilti? And what hours do you need covered? Perhaps we could help each other out.

Actually, perhaps a nice new thread is in order - " The Hot Seat Exchange ".

Let's be real here. If player syndication becomes the normal there will be absolutely no point in anyone playing as an individual much less spend any of their money to do it. Even big money spenders cannot compete as solo players against a well heeled syndicate.

Personally, there would be absolutely no satisfaction in achieving any "personal" goal as one half (or one third..) of a syndicate. I am sure I am not alone.

BUT -

I'm reviewing the situation
    I must quickly look up ev'ryone I know
    Well placed people, with RN station
    Who can help me make a real impressive show!

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

I know and knew players who used hotseats. They are with 2 or more 24/7 active, connect a lot of cities for the competitions and the prestige hunt. That's why I'm also not a big fan of the so called "free haulers". This type of player is the ultimate player for the hot seat tactic.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• I'm reviewing the situation
    I must quickly look up ev'ryone I know
    Well placed people, with RN station
    Who can help me make a real impressive show!

:thumbsup:

This type of player is the ultimate player for the hot seat tactic.

This is not a tactic, it is just a cheat.

If several players want to play in one team on one server, they establish an association. Simply.

Again i talk - playing several players on one account is a cheat. Big cheat.

On top of that, clearly preferred by TG, which makes me very surprised, because any attempt to use various unofficial possibilities of the game has been severely punished so far.

Even going back the game by three days!

When players started using the buying and selling of locomotives to make money in the game thanks to an employee reducing the cost of upgrades by 40%, then RN changed that employee's bonus to 30%.

They do everything not to make the game easier for players, and here they officially allow breaking the rules (sharing login details) and they also claim that it complies with the rules!

They act as if the CEO's son or grandson is playing with several buddies on one account and everyone is afraid to react.

There is simply no other logical explanation for this situation.

• I doubt TG will change their position about this. But I imagine things can still change if a great part of players claims this, not a number of players we can count on both fingers hands. Personnally, allowed or not this won't change anything for me because I'll never share my account, I wouldn't risk see it stolen.

• I doubt TG will change their position about this. But I imagine things can still change if a great part of players claims this, not a number of players we can count on both fingers hands. Personnally, allowed or not this won't change anything for me because I'll never share my account, I wouldn't risk see it stolen.

You don't seem to get it, it's not about you or me or an individual specific. It's about all those players that want to go 1st (win a round) and stumble upon competitors who are always online, doing competitions, switching trains, etc.

Even if, let's say, you can count on both finger hands the players that have someone else helping their account when they sleep, it's unfair towards those that do not. This game is about knowledge, effort and tactics. Having someone who signs in to your account has nothing to do with those.

• You don't seem to get it, it's not about you or me or an individual specific. It's about all those players that want to go 1st (win a round) and stumble upon competitors who are always online, doing competitions, switching trains, etc.

Even if, let's say, you can count on both finger hands the players that have someone else helping their account when they sleep, it's unfair towards those that do not. This game is about knowledge, effort and tactics. Having someone who signs in to your account has nothing to do with those.

Okay with that but if a player is supposed to manage his account by himself, what do you think about account sitting? Because if we go in this way, this is not really about knowledge and tactics.

• Okay with that but if a player is supposed to manage his account by himself, what do you think about account sitting? Because if we go in this way, this is not really about knowledge and tactics.

It's fine because the following:

1. It's limited.

2. It's readily available, meaning that you can always ask a teammate to spot you in need.

3. Cannot be abused, meaning that it has a 12 hours cooldown.

That being said, I think its period should be halved (from 30 to 15 days).

• You don't seem to get it, it's not about you or me or an individual specific. It's about all those players that want to go 1st (win a round) and stumble upon competitors who are always online, doing competitions, switching trains, etc.

Who doesn’t “want” rank 10 Top Player? Who is willing to put up the money, time, and energy into the game to make it happen? Not me.

This can be about knowledge, effort, and tactics. It can also be other things to other people. RN has never been fair and never will be fair.

• I’m wrong folks, not too often that I admit that.

RN is completely fair.

Everyone can spend as much money on the game as they “want”.

Everyone can spend as much time on the game as they “want”.

Everyone can devote as much energy into learning the game as they “want”

Everyone can build relationships and teams as much as they “want”

We all play this game under the same rules, just because I don’t devote as much of the above as someone else doesn’t mean they are wrong, cheating, or evil in any way, just that they “wanted” it more than I was willing to commit to.

• You need to add there "Everyone can set as many accounts as they want as long as they can play with that..."

Back o the same problem... share login and password details... a team set like that can buy all workers they want and set one player to win...

It is strange that no one of support have say nothing else about this posts and messages here...

• Hello everyone, once again.

We value everyone's feedback on the topic and I will forward this thread and the points made in it to HQ in my report.
    I would like to remind everyone, that for suggestions and ideas, we also need constructive arguments in them. Several of you were expressing the same thing (mostly their own opinion on the case ), over and over.

The statement made by me before about the criteria for allowed account sharing can be found in rule 1.3

Sincerely,
    nEwW

• Several of you were expressing the same thing (mostly their own opinion on the case ), over and over.

What do you expect from us?

We write here our opinions on this topic.

We have a scientific analysis to paste here?

I would like to remind everyone, that for suggestions and ideas, we also need constructive arguments in them.

Above you have a cause-and-effect relationship listed in a logical whole, which proves that several people on one account break the explicitly written rule on the prohibition of sharing login data, and you write that you do not see the problem.

And it's not just about this principle.

Virtually all aspects of multi-user accounts are listed, including ranking spoofing, and you still pretend you don't see the problem.

Do you read what we write? Because I have the impression that it is not.

The statement made by me before about the criteria for allowed account sharing can be found in rule 1.3

Tell us who is so important playing on a multi-person account that you even introduced point 1.3 for him, despite the completely banned from transferring login data.

At least it will be clear.

• What I referred to was again repeated in your post.
    Any accusations towards Travian Games, Rail Nation, Their Staff, and employees of being impartial making favors to someone is against the forum rules and will not be tolerated.

The opinions you shared and confirmed in the last post shows, that you believe something should be against the rules, but in fact, there is a rule for it already.

Therefore the user following these rules is not doing anything against the rules for which we should punish them.

You can make suggestions for changes, but accusations towards Rail Nation, Travian Games, and their staff/employees are not acceptable.

Sincerely,
    nEwW

• nEwW

What accusations are you writing about? Who exactly and what have I accused?

I present my opinion.

And I have the right to do so.

Opinion about the game, about the rules and about people, e.g. breaking these rules.

I also have the right to have my opinion about you.

And like every human on this planet, I have the right to express it, though I haven't done so yet.

It's not my fault that in English, "You" as a person and "You" as a band sound the same.

Of course I can be wrong in my opinions, so I asked some important questions.

You start to me scare instead of answers.

Start writing substantively because I don't think anyone is afraid of you.

Answer the questions, and if you don't know the answer, just write thatyou don't know the answer.

And please stop writing "Sincerely" because i have a strange impressionyou don't know what that means.

I wish you a nice day