Hot-Seating, should it be legal?

• Any accusations towards Travian Games, Rail Nation, Their Staff, and employees of being impartial making favors to someone is against the forum rules and will not be tolerated.

This keeps getting reminded by you and other Rail Nation staff members but can you point out to which rule does it exactly refer, please?

Thanks!

• "Tell us who is so important playing on a multi-person account that you even introduced point 1.3 for him, despite the completely banned from transferring login data."

This is clearly an accusation of changing rules because of a player who should be favored by the staff or the game developer itself based on your opinnion.
    That was what I have referred to and I still stand behind it. You might have an opinion, but you are limited on online platforms and elsewhere too, at the end, on what you can and cannot state without facts behind them.

Having an opinion is fine, stating opinions without attacks and accusations are fine. Making unproven accusations is not fine and there are even laws against this ( not just forum guidelines or T&C).

• Point 2. in this post Community Guidelines

Understood. I asked because in a previous reply (and not necessarily only here in this post) that any accusation in particular towards Travian Games and its staff will not be tolerated but I see now that the rule is more general.

Quote from nEwW

Any accusations towards Travian Games, Rail Nation, Their Staff, and employees of being impartial making favors to someone is against the forum rules and will not be tolerated.

You can make suggestions for changes, but accusations towards Rail Nation, Travian Games, and their staff/employees are not acceptable.

• But in Kelot's defense he didn't made any accusation, he inquired about the relevance of such exception (to the 1.3. rule) that deemed necessary for Travian Games to include it in the first place. This isn't an accusation, can barely be considered an suppositon.

• Understood. I asked because in a previous reply (and not necessarily only here in this post) that any accusation in particular towards Travian Games and its staff will not be tolerated but I see now that the rule is more general.

The rule is there for all accusations. It can be someone claiming the other player is a cheater, multi, or that the person is doing something else which is not true and also for unverifiable accusations such as "support is treating gold payers better", "RN is making rules in favor of a concrete persons gain" etc.

Have a nice evening.

• This is clearly an accusation of changing rules because of a player who should be favored by the staff or the game developer itself based on your opinnion.

to end this sterile discussion, please mention by name, name, and function whom I offended? Who did I mention in this post or in any other post?

Begin to distinguish between conclusions from logical argument based on the premises you generate yourself from the real accusations.

If you don't directly answer why one principle is considered more important than another principle that opposes the former, expect people to start suspecting all sorts of strange things.

There is a long road from suspicion to accusation.

Don't confuse the two.

Start distinguishing between questions and statements.

It will be easier to communicate.

To help you answer important questions, I will ask you one more.

Question:

When and for what reason, 3.1 was introduced, which not so long ago was not in the rules.

Get the knowledge and share it with us, and there will be no weird guesses.

P.S

I hope you are done with the answers : "I don't know, but I'll scare you" because that doesn't get anywhere.

And I hope that the concrete discussion will finally start.

P.S.2

I expect you to send me the prize code for winning the contest as soon as possible as I have not received it so far.

In this simple matter you are somehow slowly acting.

However, you generate warnings instantly.

And so that there are no understatements, I am not accusing anyone but describing what is. :-)

• Mihai and nEwW

I missed your discussion when I translated the previous post.

Mihai, thank you for your support.

nEwW

do you know such a records:

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.

If you don't know, I recommend that you read it.

I will help:

Universal Declaration of Human Rights | United Nations

Compare that to this:

Point 2. in this post Community Guidelines

Make your own conclusions

• I see that we will not get a substantive answer, so I have a different proposal.

Since support claims that it does not see the problem, let's compare two types of accounts:

Can a player on a multiplayer account enter the game immediately after the owner of the account leaves the game? - Yes.

Can the replacement player enter the game immediately after the account owner leaves the game? - No! Must wait 12 hours.

Can a player in a multiplayer account pay for the employment of an employee? - Yes.

Can the replacement player pay for the employment of an employee? - No. - there is a system lock.

Can a player on a multiplayer account buy gold - Yes.

Can the replacement player buy gold? - No. - there is a system lock.

Can a player in a multiplayer account play with the owner or other players on that account for the entirety of the game? - Yes.

Can the replacement player play with the owner or other players on that account throughout the game? - No. The account limit is 30 days!

Can a player on a multiplayer account play during the final - Yes.

Can the replacement player play during the final - No. During the final, replacement do not work.

Etc.

These are just a few examples of why the multiplayer account is seen as a cheat against the regular player on the regular account.

Still anybody thinks there's no problem?

However, if the RN insists on leaving a 1/3 point, it is enough to lift all blockades for Replacement (or at least the ones mentioned above) and the chances will be leveled.

• The rule is there for all accusations. It can be someone claiming the other player is a cheater, multi, or that the person is doing something else which is not true and also for unverifiable accusations such as "support is treating gold payers better", "RN is making rules in favor of a concrete persons gain" etc.

Have a nice evening.

nEwW...

I'm sorry but i have to say this... add "... or the interpretation of others words the way you want..."

You have leave me without answers at almost all my posts till i insist... and keep doing this with all players...

If you don't want to do your job why don't you just go out of it?

RN don't seem to find the right persons to talk with players... we don't want dictators or someone who resorts to threats in order not to be criticized...

Have a nice day...

• I have answered your and other questions with 1 reply.

I´m also here to enforce the forum rules, if you break them, you get punished. It´s not threats, it´s simple rule enforcement.

I have forwarded all feedback and main questions for the thread to the management in my report and will get back to the thread when I can post more clarifications from the management.

Wish you a nice day.
    nEwW

• I hope so.. and once you have get from the rules the 1.3 point (wich i never have saw and don't know when you add it) and platform X is comming i want to know exactly in wich conditions i can share may login details so i can have my avatar 24h online or close to it without take the risc you come next telling me i broke the roles or worst ban me without any warning...

• I hope so.. and once you have get from the rules the 1.3 point (wich i never have saw and don't know when you add it) and platform X is comming i want to know exactly in wich conditions i can share may login details so i can have my avatar 24h online or close to it without take the risc you come next telling me i broke the roles or worst ban me without any warning...

It has been officially confirmed that it is legal for any number of people have access to a single account as long as those playing on the account do not play on another account on the same server.

• Primarily Rail Nation is a business. Their overriding concern then is to make money. Money comes from customers. It therefore makes perfect sense to ensure that your best customers get the best service. I have no argument with that. But, it is also important to care for and to provide service to all customers.

The customers of any online game are the players of that game.

• Q. Why should Rail Nation ban "Hot Seating"?
    • A. Because it makes good commercial sense to ban it!

WHY?

1. All businesses owe a duty of care to their customers.
    2. It makes commercial sense to stop any behaviour which damages the game of customers.

A very quick survey of other online game companies highlights why "hot seating" is a serious failure in "duty of care".

Example from Playrix - "Thank you for NOT sharing your private information (email, physical address, phone number, passwords etc.) with anyone. That makes sure it is safe." (Repeated on their site daily.)

Other companies publish similar admonishments in order to keep their customers safe. RN actually advocate this dangerous behaviour by perimitting, account sharing.

Account sharing gives a huge advantage to those players prepared to do it. This makes spending money on the game very much less advantageous to any player who values their own safety and therefore is not prepared to account share. This applies to the big spenders as much as to the small accounts.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

Edited once, last by Rhoswen: Forgot to add small piece of information. ().

• “All businesses owe a duty of care to their customers”

Where is this debt specified?

START HERE:- Duty of care - Wikipedia

Easy enough to find the legal specifications for "Duty of Care". It is the basic law which is used in damages litigation.

The legal requirement of Duty of Care cover many countries including the EU, USA and GB. There are variations, but, fundamentally they all offer legal requirements to protect, covering individuals, customers and employees from harm. If a risk is known then there is a responsibility to protect by at the very least a prominent warning.

On line games have a known risk and it is not enough to say that the customers should know the risk. Do you think that other games companies, such as the example I gave of Playrix, give this warning every 24 hours because they want to waste their customers' time?

Example from Playrix - "Thank you for NOT sharing your private information (email, physical address, phone number, passwords etc.) with anyone. That makes sure it is safe." (Repeated on their sites daily.)

(Lao-Tse)

• the GDPR, General Data Protection Regulation, is the european law for data and privacy protection . When I choose to share my privacy data no company can held responsible for it.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• I cannot begin to unravel the intricacies of international law. That is why I chose another games company which is also based in the EU. Playrix HQ is in Dublin. They are the third largest games company in the world. They deem it necessary to issue a warning on private information sharing. That is enough to indicate that they have examined their position regarding "Duty of Care" on the world scene and find it necessary.

(Lao-Tse)