Hot-Seating, should it be legal?

• I cannot begin to unravel the intricacies of international law. That is why I chose another games company which is also based in the EU. Playrix HQ is in Dublin. They are the third largest games company in the world. They deem it necessary to issue a warning on private information sharing. That is enough to indicate that they have examined their position regarding "Duty of Care" on the world scene and find it necessary.

Rhoswen

I asked you to stop writing about side issues that have nothing to do with this topic.

Create a new topic, e.g. "danger in the network"

We are not discussing the superiority of Christmas over Easter!

There is a specific problem with multiplayer accounts and how they affect the game of other players. It has nothing to do with what you write about.

We are waiting for the company's response here, discuss elsewhere, because for the first time I will agree with nEwW on the application of spam rules.

You want to write something, stick to the topic.

• Kelot

What I have said has everything to do with the topic of "Hot Seating."

We were asked to give our reasoned arguments as to why it should be banned. I have given what I believe are two reasons for so doing. (I may be wrong, I may be right. Either way my posts are applicable.)

I was then asked for, and gave further elaboration of one of my reasons. You have chosen to take umbrage at an isolated quote from that reasoning ignoring the main text referred to in the post. "Very clever" Your post is the deflection.

Answer my argument and prove me wrong by all means. It is only my opinion after all. But don't take offense at a tiny part of it taken out of context. That is truly rhetorical irrelevancy. Well done.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Rhoswen

I am far from being offended :-)

You just write about online safety and we write about multi-user accounts in this game.

The difference is that you write about a situation in which the owner of an account may be exposed to serious losses by freely digging into their data. or by hacking into his account (e-mail, bank account, etc.) without the consent of the owner.

We write here about a situation in which the account owner voluntarily provided his login details to other people so that they could enter this account and play non-stop 24 hours a day, (alternately every few hours) creating such a huge advantage over normal players that no one is able to establish with them of equal competition.

One has nothing to do with the other.

It's good that companies warn about such threats, although it is enough to read their privacy policy and there is no need to force companies to separately inform players about threats.

But who would read any privacy policy! Most of them click on anything to get into the game.

This still has nothing to do with multiplayer accounts and is not an argument for or against such accounts.

• Rhoswen If Law & Order has taught me anything it’s that a person’s perspective on the law can and will be different than what a judge or jury will determine at verdict.

If you feel damaged by Travian for their hot seating policy, then by all means file a class action law suit.

After all it was only after McDonalds was successfully sued did they notify their customers that the coffee they served was hot and could burn.

• Pathetically stupid analogy. Hot coffee is "hot" by definition. "Hot seating" is not obviously being done, but, it is anything but obvious, so, damage may be being done to players who do not know. But, far worse is that many, particularly children and young people, will be unaware of the risks they take in sharing their personal information. Being stalked and terrorised in real life is one of those risks. You are an adult, I assume you know where such stalking can lead and has ended! (It is not a small tongue blister.)

Class action suit, sorry, doolally tap! I do not know if I should be laughing or crying!

This is a matter of common sense. A warning should be given. Or the action should be banned. If you do not see that not to do one or the other, or both, is posing a risk, albeit to a minority, but particularly to our children, our young people and vulnerable adults , then, I feel very sorry for you and for any children you may have.

I intend to say absolutely nothing more on this subject beyond:-

Please, RN, reconsider your position on this and either give clear warning or ban this feature.

Thank you for your time.

Finis - me dicent ultra.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

• Question for support:

Has anything changed in the main topic of multiplayer accounts? Has the company responded to our comments and suggestions?

Hello Kelot.
    No updates for this thread yet.
    We are in discussion with the community ambassadors though on this topic as well. You can also talk to your Community Ambassadors to forward your feedbacks.

• There is no point in talking since all the essential comments have been placed on this topic.

Now the movement belongs to the company, not to the Community Ambassadors.

Kelot, this topic is discussed here between a few players. We as community ambassadors will share this topic also with the players who are not active at the forum or discord. Bring it to the different communities we have in the game and gather the thoughts and feelings of a bigger part of the players.

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• How many players do you think analyze and compare multiplayer accounts and substitutions?

How many players do you think don't even know there is such a thing as multiplayer accounts?

My teammates were shocked that something like this its permissible, but they know that I deal with this topic and they will not duplicate the arguments presented here.

What for?

Does the number of writers really count for company?

Does there really have to be a thousand entries to make anything on this topic?

Get the deal balanced by balancing betwen deputies with a multi-player account, and it'll be over, and most people will benefit from it, not even knowing that there was such a discussion here.

It is high time for action, not for sterile discussions in a larger and larger group.