Different Day change timezone

• Reposting it here from Discord:

As we all know that to get 3 stars or more in game, we have to be active a lot, especially during the day change which happens at 2:00 AM UTC+2. Now the problem with this time is, it happens 5:30 AM for me(India), and there is no way for me to wake up everyday at 5:30 AM and then start my day by a game.

It has been proved that:
    Checking your phone as soon as you wake up not only distracts your mind but also sets the tone for distraction for the rest of the day. Using your phone in the morning can affect your brain's ability to prioritize tasks.

Also doctors suggest to take at least 2 hours of gap in between checking your phone and waking up, to boost productivity. Therefore, I can win a server only when I choose to degrade my health.

Same is the case for players which live in these countries:
    Iran
    UAE
    Ukraine
    Turkey
    Tanzania
    Saudi Arabia
    Russia(Moscow)
    Romania
    Qatar
    Israel
    Greece
    Finland
    Bulgaria
    Switzerland
    …. and many more

This day change time zone favors USA players, and there's no wonder why US players lead in rankings.

My suggestion: Create a server with different day change time zone, rather than the current one.
    Example could be: 11:30 AM UTC+2, this time zone favors the countries I mentioned above and disfavors USA time zones.

With this, I feel players living in above countries could have a fair chance of winning a round.

• It would certainly make more sense for local servers to run on local time from a players point of view.

From an admin. point of view though, I imagine that having all servers in sync. makes more sense. If this is the case then unfortunately the area with the most players is likely to be favoured.

Those of us who are not dedicated to playing for No 1 spot in prestige can still have a very enjoyable, fun game playing with a team for Top City where all time zones can participate and those in the less populated (from the game's perspective) time zones can be really appreciated and useful to their association and their city.

In this world there is nothing softer or thinner than Water.

But to compel the Hard and Unyielding it has no equal.

(Lao-Tse)

As we all know that to get 3 stars or more in game, we have to be active a lot

TRUE - Spending more time to the game usually means higher rankings.

especially during the day change which happens at 2:00 AM UTC+2.

FALSE - To get a lot of prestige points you need to be online a lot throughout the day. It's not necessary to be online during day-change at 2:00 AM, but it can help you to get some extra points.

Also doctors suggest to take at least 2 hours of gap in between checking your phone and waking up, to boost productivity.

After waking up 2 hours of waiting before checking your phone? I don't think a lot of people are able to wait that long. (Some will even "die" if they can't use their phones 8o )

Therefore, I can win a server only when I choose to degrade my health.

TRUE - but you also need a lot of :Gold: so don't forget to empty your wallet if you want to win a gameround.

This day change time zone favors USA players, and there's no wonder why US players lead in rankings.

I didn't count how many but there are a lot of different servers. Maybe at your server(s) US players lead in rankings, but absolutely not at all servers.

With this, I feel players living in above countries could have a fair chance of winning a round.

All players already have a fair chance of winning, IF they have a lot of free time and money to spend.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

• Quote from «DSnepke™»

FALSE - To get a lot of prestige points you need to be online a lot throughout the day. It's not necessary to be online during day-change at 2:00 AM, but it can help you to get some extra points.

Disagree, I was super close to winning a server, but on the last two days of era 6, I didn't wake up at 5:30 AM, and lost many prestige points, as a result, I was rank 2, and the player who won the server had only 30k lead, which I could have easily overcame had I woke at 5:30.

Quote from «DSnepke™»

All players already have a fair chance of winning, IF they have a lot of free time and money to spend.

Disagree again, using the same above example the game was not fair for me and rank 1 player, for him to earn day reset prestige points was not a difficult task but it was for me.

For the rest of the arguments, I fully/partially agree with you.

It would certainly make more sense for local servers to run on local time from a players point of view.

Indeed, giving local servers to run on their local time would certainly make give players an edge to those who are aiming for rank 1. But I feel there should be international servers as well which have different day reset timings, because many countries like mine don't have any local servers, and players from those countries play on International servers.

• If you want to win you need to commit.

That means using a alarm clock. A lot.

For worker auctions,industry&city levelups, daily prestige counters,competitions,license auctions,changing schedules,title potentials and so much more.

So stop being lazy,stop listening to your doctor(he has no clue how to play video games or have any fun in general,he probably wants you to stop smoking and drinking too).

Sleep is for losers :D

• Fusiion

The easiest way is to change jobs.

Preferably for the night shift.

You won't have a problem with 5.30 am.

Seriously, this 2.00 AM count is a summary of all day's deliveries, and it doesn't matter if you're in the game or not at the moment.

This can matter if you plan to advance your city just before 2.00 am to collect prestige from "falling good" and to get prestige from new good until 2.00.

However, it is of marginal importance in the entire daily output of prestige.

The base is an alarm clock, a lot of time, money and an understanding wife :-)

• I have posted this with similar idea.... it's so unfair that West Europe and USA have a easy access to daily reset prestige hunts while Eastern Europe and Asia have to wait up at (possibly very) unfavorable time to be as competitive as them.

• I have posted this with similar idea.... it's so unfair that West Europe and USA have a easy access to daily reset prestige hunts while Eastern Europe and Asia have to wait up at (possibly very) unfavorable time to be as competitive as them.

Daily prestige reset is at 00:00 UTC

What do you consider favorable times to be online?

From my own experience (playing multiple servers) I guess that would be something like between 07:30 and 23:30 (bedtime between 23:30 and 07:30).

That would mean that for players living in the timezones 0 to +7 the daily prestige reset would be during bedtime, and actually that would be for ALL European players, and for the Western Asian players (between Europe and halfway Russia).

Players living in the Eastern part of Asia (halfway Russia (= +8) going east to Bering Strait (= +12) ), or living in the Americas (= -9 to -3) are the players who could benefit the most.

• Yes, just about what you say. West Europe could probably stay up 1-2hr late, Eastern Asia could probably wake up 1-2hr early to catch up with this, while East Europe and West Asia just have to wake up at something like 3:00 or 5:00 am which is definitely not how people normally live. While Americas could just easily do this in their afternoon tea or dinner time.

It's a bit sad to see that even "European Server" or "Asian Server" (Well there was a Japan server before but closed I guess) still uses the same time which favors Americans and (ironically) put their target customer at the biggest disadvantage.

A Russian Server which still forces Russians to wake up at 4am to compete for the top. Oh my.

• Yes, just about what you say. West Europe could probably stay up 1-2hr late, Eastern Asia could probably wake up 1-2hr early to catch up with this, while East Europe and West Asia just have to wake up at something like 3:00 or 5:00 am which is definitely not how people normally live. While Americas could just easily do this in their afternoon tea or dinner time.

It's a bit sad to see that even "European Server" or "Asian Server" (Well there was a Japan server before but closed I guess) still uses the same time which favors Americans and (ironically) put their target customer at the biggest disadvantage.

A Russian Server which still forces Russians to wake up at 4am to compete for the top. Oh my.

Western Europe can indeed stay up for 1-2 more hours, but I think they won't do that on daily base, especially when they have to get up early for work/school or whatever every day. The other way around for the estern Russian players, they won't get up 1-2 hours earlier every day to be online at their daily prestige reset.

The Japanese server can't be found anymore for a while now, probably due to few players.

• Western Europe can indeed stay up for 1-2 more hours, but I think they won't do that on daily base, especially when they have to get up early for work/school or whatever every day. The other way around for the estern Russian players, they won't get up 1-2 hours earlier every day to be online at their daily prestige reset.

The Japanese server can't be found anymore for a while now, probably due to few players.

Yup, that's the tragedy for non-American players....

And I do see why Japanese players doesn't support their "home" server enough for it to be sustained.

When the prestige reset time is not adjusted, it's just another "American server" which still favors Americans but with a Japanese flag and some translation on it...

• As far as I see it, the only option that would be a good solution for every country would be individual times for each server depending on the countrys timezone.
    I am not really sure if this is something we can do or if it would require too much time for us to set this up and way more important monitor it to make sure everything goes as planned.
    There might also be the possibility that the RN servers are all in one system similar to the forum, where when you change something you change it for all servers.
    I'll ask some teammembers about that.

Die Räder meines Zuges drehen sich langsam aber stetig.

Wettschulden sind Ehrenschulden, aktueller Kochbuchcounter: 16 Gerichte!

• Please do.

US servers (as far as I have experienced) start their "Era day" on a different time than international (and Dutch) "Era days" as it is, so there might be room after all for the "Prestige Day Counter" to be different in a similar fashion as well.

In addition (a.k.a. edit): Recalculation time-stamp is different on all servers (and more often than not changes when an (system?) update is implemented (or when the server has 'crashed' and needed to be 'rebooted') and is almost always different for city-recalc vs. industry recalc on the same server, which suggests the current system does not have an issue with different 'times' in the current set-up.

Competition time-stamps are rarely 'in sync' with any of the aforementioned 'times' as well.

• As far as I see it, the only option that would be a good solution for every country would be individual times for each server depending on the countrys timezone.
    I am not really sure if this is something we can do or if it would require too much time for us to set this up and way more important monitor it to make sure everything goes as planned.
    There might also be the possibility that the RN servers are all in one system similar to the forum, where when you change something you change it for all servers.
    I'll ask some teammembers about that.

Thank you for looking into this. I think maybe having 3 different time zones (GMT 0, GMT+8, GMT-8 ) would already be a great improvement over current situation if this is easier for the devs while opening up much more variety for players worldwide.

And just like Spoor mentioned, each server has different "recalc time", and it isn't even consistent within a single server which could change within a round when an update or crash happens. And RN runs with such inconsistency for always with no problem.

It's weird that the only consistent fixed time is the daily prestige reset time which brings no convenience but only unfairness.