Slow game

• @ KE - Kelot

AnyCast IP 8)

There is basically nothing wrong in single IP for multiple servers

It depends if the number of incoming and outgoing packets can be handled by one IP link.

It is exactly as if you connected several computers to the router and one computer to the router.

As long as everyone goes online at different times and only checks messages in the post office, everything works.

However, if everyone starts watching movies on different platforms at the same time, none of them will watch any movie, although the card of each computer should easily handle it.

unfortunately, the router does not make the bandwidth despite the connected high-speed and capacious internet connection.

Exactly the same thing happens with this game.

However, if one computer is connected to the Internet connection, its owner will easily check the e-mail and watch the movie.

Everything is a matter of the mathematical calculation of the load on the network.

As you can see in TG they calculated it wrong, they either lack the appropriate internet connections, or they simply have too few servers, and those that are not able to convert packages from players and to them, with many worlds on one server.

Hence the symptoms such as the lack of the game's reaction to the player's actions, or a long waiting for a reaction, e.g. after changing timetables, or the need to relog for anything to work.

The current configuration just loses packages and players suffer.

• We are still investigating the issue with our provider and looking into alternatives to fix the issue.
    I have forwarded your feedback to them and hopefully it will help them find the cause of the issue.

Nice what you wrote, but I think your ISP has much better configuration professionals than I do and they can handle the problem of bandwidth perfectly well.

It all depends on what is the declared capacity and what is the actual one.

As for the actual bandwidth, the total load (not average) is related to the assumption that all players (the minimum number, even inactive ones) play at once on all worlds of one IP with the maximum number of information (packets) - e.g. minimum 15 cities and 600 factories and 32 locomotives per player and shifts every 15 minutes.

Only from this you can draw some average.

If then the network bandwidth (two-way) covers the demand of its load, then the game will run smoothly for players and probably many problems will disappear, e.g. with refreshing the game or automatic cleaning of the memory.

But I am sure that your technicians and technicians from the net supplier know this very well.

It's time for them to do something about that.

I keep my fingers crossed for technicians, because they are people who can do miracles.

• That’s a major part of why people are frustrated with the game. We get tired of reading and hearing about investigations of issues. Maybe the better thing to do that would be to actually fix the problem.

Stop putting band-aids on the issues and actually fix the problems. Best example would be the fact that chat doesn’t work in the game. This has been an issue in the game for nearly 8 years. Nothing’s been done about it yet.

Standard answer we get from support and the mods when we report issues is it’s a known bug. We just don’t know when it will be fixed.

If you know about the bug why hasn’t been fixed ? That my friends is the 100 million dollar question.

• Stop putting band-aids on the issues and actually fix the problems. Best example would be the fact that chat doesn’t work in the game. This has been an issue in the game for nearly 8 years. Nothing’s been done about it yet.

That is "an" issue, but not the topic of this thread.
    We are discussing here a very specific technical issue, not a bug in the game. And without knowning the cause, we cannot fix it. So I fear there is no way around an investigation.

• That is "an" issue, but not the topic of this thread.
    We are discussing here a very specific technical issue, not a bug in the game. And without knowning the cause, we cannot fix it. So I fear there is no way around an investigation.

is there any kind of information we as players can provide to you to find or rule out issues?

:engine1::engine1::engine1:

Work for a cause

Not for applause

Live life to express

Not to impress

• is there any kind of information we as players can provide to you to find or rule out issues?

Thanks for the offer. We already ruled out everything that is player-related.
    The fault lies clearly at the the side of one of our server providers and they are trying to figure out why this changed all of a sudden.

But we are working on an alternative / workaround where we are not reliant on the affected sub-system.

• There is something verry wrong with this game, it's starting to annoy me, and it's getting me harder and harder to play. It lags allot, I click on several things like trains, cities, landmarks, and I have to wait up to 10-15 sec, for the menu to appear, when I click the research tree, sometimes I see only the background of the era! Last night I couldn't even login on any servers on opera browser + chrome, and even on the android phone app. It's making me harder to play, and I am playing for a long time, and don't want to make the decision of stop playing it. Please do something with the servers (Big Ben, Crankshaft, Rocky Mountains, Golden Gate).

• We just implemented a workaround (as a test) on COM2, COM5, COM101 and COM201.
    A complete relog is needed for the fix to take effect. Could you please give us feedback if the loading times are now better / back to normal?

Edit: According to our observations the fix is working and we have thus increased the pool of servers that have received the update now.

The following servers also received the update:
    com1 com3 com202 com203 fr1 fr3 fr101 fr201 fr202 m1 m1101 m1201 gr1 es1 es2 es201 pt1 pt2 ru1 ru2 ru3 ru5 ru6 ru7 ru8 ru15 ru101 ru103 ru105 ru201 ru203 ru204

Before we update the remaining servers we want to make sure that the added traffic to our new CDN doesn't cause ans unforseen issues.

• Yeah!

So happy to say that at ES201 El Escorial loading times are back to normal, especially because in a few hours EG will start!

And tomorrow EG will start at NL01 Stoomketel, so I hope that this server will also get the update as soon as possible.

:Train: NL01 Stoomketel

:Train:  NL201 Euromast

:Train: COM202 Loch Ness *

:Train: ES201 El Escorial *

:Train: M1.201 Scandinavia *

* played my last round at this server, due to

:thumbdown: RN'S LACK OF DECENT BUG FIXING :thumbdown:

Edited once, last by «DSnepke™» ().

• Thank you both for the confirmation. It fits with what we are seeing in the logs and our own tests.
    If everything goes according to plan, all affected servers will be fixed sometime this afternoon.

I hope you are right. My ticket in question was from 5 days ago. Things have barely been playable. I was unable to open any messages about 12 hours ago...the button would get highlighted upon clicking and that's about it.
    I normally test multiple browsers and multiple platforms; PC, Android, iPad with the same results.

• We are still working on the matter. Even after switching the CDN we are still encountering long loading times in certain areas of the game.
    We will keep you posted of course.

Do NL and DE servers will receive this update? They still meet latency.

I have seen upgrades on many of my servers, mostly ru204 where loading was awful and actions took seconds to proceed, now it is nearly instant.